Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - October 2015

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - October 2015

@Anonymous wrote:

Have an interest question if anyone can help. Say your 0% APR runs out in November and you have a small balance left when this happens. Are you charged interest on that amount or are you only charged interest on purchases made after the 0% ends?

Let's say 0% runs out 11/15.  You have 100 left over.  New purchases will be treated the same as always.  Interest will be charged on the 100 from 0% end.  If you keep carrying balance, then all purchases count.  If this is business card, rules might be different.

Signature needs updating
Message 471 of 1,271
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so the answer is whatever balance is left after the promo is over even though the purchase was made before the 0% ends will be charged interest correct? Sorry that explanation confused me a bit IF.
Message 472 of 1,271
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I dont know why I entertained the thought that an "exception number" given to me through Amex chat would actually be helpful. NOT. Ended up calling the number on the back of my business card. No transferring limits between personal and business accounts allowed with Amex but didnt have any issues moving $4500 of the $5000 Blue for Business limit to SimplyCash and closing so Im pleased. 13 statement rule wasnt even mentioned. Smiley Happy
Been a productive day!

Huh, the cli people told me just yesterday that I can move from BCE to business.  Maybe it is because your BCE is not 13 months yet.

Signature needs updating
Message 473 of 1,271
Anonymous
Not applicable

TIME FOR FRIDAY NIGHT SOCIAL.........

ON THE MENU: SKIRT STEAK WITH MORROCCAN SPICE RUB AND YOGURT SAUCE

DRINK: JAMES BOND MARTINI

TONIGHT'S TOPIC: NEW RESEARCH SAY'S CREDIT SCORES MIGHT BE ABLE TO PREDICT STABILITY IN MARRIAGE ACCORDING TO THIS STORY IN THE WASHINGTON POST YESTERDAY...  DO YOU AGREE?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/get-there/wp/2015/10/08/could-your-high-credit-score-help-you-sco...

HD-fw200606_skirtsteak.jpg

HD-fw2007_c_jamesbondmartini.jpg

img-thing.jpg

Hope everyone has a good weekend...Smiley Happy

Message 474 of 1,271
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

13 point drop EQ Smiley Sad

Message 475 of 1,271
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Ok so the answer is whatever balance is left after the promo is over even though the purchase was made before the 0% ends will be charged interest correct? Sorry that explanation confused me a bit IF.

Yes, on regular cards, interest starts on any balance left after the 0% runs out.  Pay off ASAP good advice.

Signature needs updating
Message 476 of 1,271
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

TIME FOR FRIDAY NIGHT SOCIAL.........

ON THE MENU: SKIRT STEAK WITH MORROCCAN SPICE RUB AND YOGURT SAUCE

DRINK: JAMES BOND MARTINI

TONIGHT'S TOPIC: NEW RESEARCH SAY'S CREDIT SCORES MIGHT BE ABLE TO PREDICT STABILITY IN MARRIAGE ACCORDING TO THIS STORY IN THE WASHINGTON POST YESTERDAY...  DO YOU AGREE?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/get-there/wp/2015/10/08/could-your-high-credit-score-help-you-score-the-perfect-mate/

HD-fw200606_skirtsteak.jpg

HD-fw2007_c_jamesbondmartini.jpg

img-thing.jpg

Hope everyone has a good weekend...Smiley Happy

As always, I will get us started.  I have to agree with this post from my perspective.  I like to be financially compatIble with whomever I am with / going to be in the future and a credit score is one part that is telling of that.

Being compatible at least gives us one less thing to fight about IMOSmiley Tongue...

Message 477 of 1,271
Anonymous
Not applicable

He specifically said that Amex doesnt allow moving limits between personal and business accounts. None of my cards have made it 13 statements so that wasnt an issue. Perhaps he was incorrect and you can have it done with no issues. Ive often gotten conflicting information from Amex via chat and phone so its hard to figure out whats right.

Never mind about the interest. She called and got her answer. Any balance leftover plus new purchases are subject to the standard interest rate. Good to know.
Message 478 of 1,271
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Have an interest question if anyone can help. Say your 0% APR runs out in November and you have a small balance left when this happens. Are you charged interest on that amount or are you only charged interest on purchases made after the 0% ends?

You will be charged interest on the whole thing!  When you log into your account there should be a tab or link that shows your promotional purchses.  It will show you there how much interest has accrued.  I just ran into the same thing so I transferred the balance to another 0% interest.  I only have about $500 left and will have that paid off in 2-3 months.  Otherwise, I already had $143 accrued that I would have had to pay had I gone beyond the date.

Message 479 of 1,271
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmm. So I saw the Golden 1 Visa Platinum card and was tempted because of the 7.79% APR and 3% cash back on gas, grocery, and restaurant purchases and could not resist; this will be the last card I will apply for the next 24 months. I just have my fingers crossed that I will be approved. 

Why do people keep coming in here telling us about the new card they apped for and all the good things about it?  Wouldn't it be better shared in the credit card forum and then just come back and join us again when you're ready?

I'm in this for the long haul and it's frustrating.  Rant over. Smiley Frustrated

Message 480 of 1,271
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.