Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - October 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - October 2015

@Anonymous wrote:

I finished a half-marathon Saturday, and I decided that Cap 1 should give me a CLI on my Quicksilver. They did not agree. I will try again 11-5-15!

Congrats! How'd you do at the half?

Message 621 of 1,271
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I finished a half-marathon Saturday, and I decided that Cap 1 should give me a CLI on my Quicksilver. They did not agree. I will try again 11-5-15!

Congrats! I use to be an aspiring runner. I was working my way to 10k and for some reason I just stopped. Then I got lazy and gained a lot of weight. Now I wouldn't be able to run a mile without some work. lol

Message 622 of 1,271
joeaseer
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! I use to be an aspiring runner. I was working my way to 10k and for some reason I just stopped. Then I got lazy and gained a lot of weight. Now I wouldn't be able to run a mile without some work. lol

Start back by walking a mile, it's something most people can afford to do in the early morning. And while your walking focus on your breathing, look up belly breathing that should help you greatly.

I'll be focusing on my breathing on vacation soon in a more sunny location. No new cards for me until July 2016.

EQ Score: 784 | TU Score: 758 | EX Score: 760 | Goal Score: 800+
INQ = TU: 1 | EQ: 0 | EX: 4
Utilization: 0% usually or at most 1% - 3%.
Amex BCE (Approved: 11/2015): $24k ($6k SL) | Discover IT (Approved: 07/2015): $16k ($1k SL)
Citi DC WEMC (Approved: 07/2016): $14.5k ($4.6k SL) | Chase SR (Approved: 01/2017): $11k
Chase Freedom Unlimited (Approved: 07/2016): $7.5k | Chase Freedom (Approved: 12/2014): $5k ($500 SL)
Citi Simplicity (Aprroved: 07/2018): $4.5k | Total CL: $82.5k
Message 623 of 1,271
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

Smiley Indifferent

Forgive me for I have fallen out of the garden. I'll spare you all the details but I caved and applied for two cards that I've been eyeing. 

I really have no desire for any additional credit cards. 

I'll now step back in the garden, tend to a new seedling or two, and no apps until I buy out my car lease in October 2016. 

Message 624 of 1,271
BUN
Established Contributor

Another beautiful day in the garden! Sup GC!!!😃 Lily has lupus! It attacks the nose and is treatable! Yay! No more dry weird nose! I am so relieved!!! Paying down balances and lowering APR stuff is what's on the menu for October! Kicking some garden butt!!
Starting Score : 575 May, 2013
Current Scores: EQ 716 6 INQ TU 745 4 INQ EX 726 3 INQ Last INQ December 2015, In the GC until Jan 2017.
Message 625 of 1,271
BUN
Established Contributor

Oh, and I finally broke 1000 posts, y'all!!!Smiley Very Happy >CELEBRATE<Heart

Current Scores: EQ 716 6 INQ TU 745 4 INQ EX 726 3 INQ Last INQ December 2015, In the GC until Jan 2017.
Message 626 of 1,271
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! And.....I finished! haha I ended with a chip time of 2:26. I was shooting for 2:30! I'm proud. Ran the entire time! 

Message 627 of 1,271
BUN
Established Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So come on in and make yourself comfortable. Make a gardening plan and commit to sticking with it! Are you planning to wait six months before applying for additional credit? A year? Until the last of your baddies drop off? Whatever your goal, we're here to support you. If you feel the "app-itch" coming on, let us know and we'll try to help you through it. We even have an Emergency Response Team (ERT) available to step in and help keep you on track!

This is where I misunderstood. 

No, the only person I am upset with is myself. I made a mistake, and that's mine alone. Yes, I received a lot of food for thought. Thank you all for your input. Happy gardening.

Being supportive and being enabling are two different things.   Being supportive is telling you flat out that your TU scores won't get you in the door with Wally and that you should the address the issues in your credit profile and garden...and we can help you do that.   Being enabling would be to tell you "go for it; it's just one HP anyway".

I can tell you that my credit rebuild took work, it took time, and it took strategy.   Before I got here, I could only get cards from the likes of CreditOne and I had no idea how to use my credit properly.   Now I have over $100K in revolving credit available and some very good products from lender who wouldn't have given me the time of day three years ago.  It's a journey, OP, but it is one you can make.   But remember, honesty might be exactly the support you need.   It can save you a lot of frustration.  I know from experience!

YEAH, BABY!!! Well said, hear hear and all that!Smiley LOL

Message 628 of 1,271
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks! And.....I finished! haha I ended with a chip time of 2:26. I was shooting for 2:30! I'm proud. Ran the entire time! 

Congrats! And I think that's the perfect attitude, as well. It's all about the PR and beating your own expectations. Hopefully, you'll do another, and you'll set a new best time Smiley Very Happy

Message 629 of 1,271
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess my earlier post didn't come through. I've run a couple half-marathons and a couple 10-milers. A couple of them, I've had to start from absolute ground zero. You just have to figure out what your base is. If it is a mile, start with a mile. Do it two or three times the first week, if you can. The next week, try for 1.5 miles on each run. The third week, try 2 miles. And so on and so forth until you get to 5 miles. Then I start increasing by a mile per week. I even made a little chart for my fridge that has days of the week, how far I'm supposed to run, whether it is a rest day, or if I'm just supposed to do an easy bike ride or something. I've found that its helpful, because I can see what I should do each day and then I can cross it off when I'm done.

Message 630 of 1,271
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.