Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - October 2017

tag
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Club - October 2017

Gooooooooood morning boys, girls, gardeners, and cold milk cravers...  I gots hot coffee, is that close enough?

Glad you are well, Joe. 

I would like everyone to take a moment to look at my lovely spade.... it may not survive the day.  Smiley Surprised

One year in the garden has earned me 99 points on Experian, 39 points on EQ, and 71 points on TU.

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 101 of 1,740
Sandman771
Valued Contributor

Good morning everybody. AJC glad you heard from your sister and that you are doing well. I guess there isn't much snow down there yellow or otherwise. 

Well I knew it was coming and those CC balances are starting to report and kicked my score in the nether parts, but I should rebound somewhat next month when it is all gone and on top of that the bad things showing PIF should also boost my score a little as well. So with that said I know I was going to pay interest for the first time in a long time, but it was a price I'm willing to pay. Lol. 

Hope everything is going well for everyone. 

Starting Score: EQ497/TU496/EX 499
Currently: EQ 620 TU 654 EX 627
in the garden since 6/16/2021
Message 102 of 1,740
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Happy October Gardener's!!  GLAD to hear AJC is online again!! Closed on the house in FL and still showing the Mass house so at least one thing is done, my score went up on TU so that is cool, now that closing is over I called to cancel my Blue Sky from AMEX, they gave me 1500 points for free to stay with them, so I did....DON'T APP or a very nasty realestate agent will sell your house without you knowing!!! Stay Strong and ENJOY!!

Message 103 of 1,740
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't plan on applying for any new cards anytime soon. Been a little less than a month gardening so far for me. 

Question: At the end of August I reveiced a $1450 CLI from Discover. Should I try for the CLI again so soon or wait a few months? Most likely won't get another CLI but its a soft pull from them so it doesn't hurt, right? Don't know how it works or what's recommended with Discover. It was the first CLI I've gotten from them in years but I've never asked for one during that time until this August cause I just learned recenlty about asking for CLIs and them being soft pulls mostly.

Message 104 of 1,740
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Staying the course in the garden. Now that I froze eight different credit bureau/information providers it will be more of a challenge to pursue the latest and greatest I am sure. In truth, my profile needs a rest so I will hope that time will clear my inquiry affects and my scores will move up again. And, I am not wanting for anything right now. Smiley Happy

Eight? Ok, I obviously missed half of them.  Mind listing the eight and educating the rest of us (or just me)? Smiley Wink

There are way more consumer reporting companies than you realize, like over 40. Many are for specialized reporting, but this surprised me.

CFPB put out a list of consumer reporting agencies in 2016 with info on each agency and contact info. Google "cfpb list of consumer reporting agencies", and it's the first hit (a PDF).

Hope that helps.

Message 105 of 1,740
Cprman
Contributor

Well back in the garden for a day...Plan is to plant a seed and some how grow a diamond out of it. I see no temptations ahead for the moment. If I feel an itch I'll get my wife the next card and authorize myself, let her have the hard pull Smiley Happy 

5/08 EQ 696.....9/13 EQ 796.....9/17 EX 824, EQ 843
Amex Blue Cash 15K || PenFed Cash Rewards 18K || Chase Freedom 12K || Cap1 Quicksilver 15K || Amazon Prime 3.8K || Citi Double Cash 10.8K
Message 106 of 1,740
Anonymous
Not applicable

haha! i almost put myself on bf's paypal mc but figured that was dangerous..

Message 107 of 1,740
Anonymous
Not applicable

Joining in!  After several years of working on my scores they were Equifax 713/ Transunion 679/ Experian 722 went on an app spree with great results.  I'm happy with what I have so with 6 new accounts, it's time to let my AAoA improve and let the inquiries age.  Planning on being here for at least a year!  

Message 108 of 1,740
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol UncleB, gotta laugh rightSmiley Wink. Remember ive been living in a tropical environment for so long i forget what its like to enjoy those finer autumn and winter delicacies and traditionsSmiley Wink. I love the fall for its changing colors but id gladly take some of those green leaves Snapple or Arizona so likes to use for their teasSmiley Wink. It looks like a giant sneezed all over the island and only left the barks..

Ha! I'll never complain how "windy" it is in San Francisco, EVER.

Never ever.

LOL!

I wont complain about San Francisco wind either.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 109 of 1,740
SarahJo
Established Contributor

Happy October gardening, don't ya just love mum season!?  TU score crept up in addition to EX...EQ still not recovered from the app spree but that's what gardening is for.  HAPPY FALL Y'ALL!

Present Day...Equifax: ???, TransUnion: 777, Experian: 781
Sept. 2016...Equifax: 652, TransUnion: 608, Experian: 597
Message 110 of 1,740
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.