Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club - October 2017

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Garden Club - October 2017

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol UncleB, gotta laugh rightSmiley Wink. Remember ive been living in a tropical environment for so long i forget what its like to enjoy those finer autumn and winter delicacies and traditionsSmiley Wink. I love the fall for its changing colors but id gladly take some of those green leaves Snapple or Arizona so likes to use for their teasSmiley Wink. It looks like a giant sneezed all over the island and only left the barks..

Like a giant sneezed... based on the video and pictures I've seen that's a pretty accurate metaphor.  Smiley Sad

I don't live in the tropics, but in the Southeast we tend to just have various degrees of summer, with a little spring and autumn serving as 'bookends' (with the occasional week or two of "winter" for good measure).  I have to visit relatives in the Northeast to be able to experience true 'seasons'.

As a kid I used to think it would be 'neat' to live in a place that had snow, but as an adult I don't miss having to drive in it.  Smiley Happy

Message 51 of 1,740
Anonymous
Not applicable

<~~~ lives in the Northeast - already dreading winter

Message 52 of 1,740
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking in for October! Fall is my favorite season, and I am so glad it's finally here! 

Very happy to see all of our FICO friends who have endured storms and hurricanes are okay. Stay strong!

Not much to report credit-wise, just minor score increases of 1 -3 points on EQ and EX, and I finally got my largest student loan above water. I am consistently paying a little extra each month, and am beginning to see the results. At the end of this month, I plan on paying the last little bit on my Cap1 Platinum QS and then combining with my "real" QS. Will claim another bronze spade on the 7th. So, basically just keeping on keeping on.

Garden long and strong everyone! Smiley Happy

P.S. Anusara, I miss you! I'm sure many others do too. Hope to see you back on here soon, friend. Praying all is well with you. Smiley Happy

Message 53 of 1,740
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does she live in an affected hurricane area??? Omg! I didn't know that. 

Message 54 of 1,740
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Oh boy, i do hope Anusara is ok. WE PRAY FOR YOU ANUSARA, hope you are ok we will support you.

Glad to see my chicas holding down the fort, great hearing from you Bella and justagirl, i dont think quite think soSmiley Wink
Message 55 of 1,740
Anonymous
Not applicable

@10022016 wrote:

Only 13 days until I earn my Diamond Spade and this is the first time I've ever commented in this thread while it's still on page 1!

Whoa.  Sweet! Smiley Happy

Message 56 of 1,740
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

i was at the end of my rope and then someone made a whole chart showing if i paid more on bfs snapon it would go down more.. like obviously!! but we are already paying 340/month..so i didnt sign on for 5 days but decided if i was gonna garden i really needed support

Sasha, glad to see you in the garden.  I think there was a misunderstanding with those posts.  You had mentioned earlier in it (a few times) that you thought the 20+% must have been being applied weekly since the balance barely appeared to be changing with your big payments.  The chart was meant to show how much more dramatically the balance would go down over the course of some months with just a little more applied, not merely the obvious fact that the balance would go down.  That poster meant no ill-intent; it's just how payments on loans work.  Like if you paid an extra $100 a month on a mortgage over 10 years, it would lower the actual payments you end up making on the house FAR more than just the extra $12,000 you paid over those 120 payments.  While there can be occasional posts here that are not friendly, supportive and respectful, the overwhelming majority of people here are just trying to help and/or learn.

Message 57 of 1,740
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iheartwings wrote:

Happy October, y'all. 

September brought a lot of bad weather juju for many of our garden friends, so I wish that the new month brings you new hope and opportunity if you've been affected by the storms. 

I continue to tend to my plot of dirt for another month. Making a little extra cash for travel to the great state of KS midmonth. 

Happy to continue on my boring streak. 

Garden strong, folks. Smiley Happy 

Boring is good.  Smiley Happy

Always wanted to visit KS - it seems like a beautiful state.  

Message 58 of 1,740
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does looking at prequal sites count against gardening? I love to look at prequals, it helps. But I also wonder if looking at prequal sites too often will wear out my welcome with those creditors if I actually decide to apply someday. Or if it spooks those banks when I check too often. Thoughts?

Message 59 of 1,740
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh my goodness..of course i know snapon doesnt apply interest weekly that was sarcasm.........

and of course we all know if you pay more the loan goes down more there was no need for the chart..it was annoying that everyone assumed i wasnt paying anything

bf lives with a brain injury he is high functioning/working but still theres theres things he deals with on a daily basis.. he is not your “typical man” who gonna max out his credit card or whatever... he did get the snapon before telling me but he didnt know how it all worked..and really how can i mad now he has a cap1 card, $3k paypal mc and a 700 fico score LOL

Message 60 of 1,740
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.