Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club - September 2015

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone do the visa checkout/CSP deal? I did the amex one and got my statement credit quickly after purchasing a newegg game code for .49 cents. Decided to do the same thing with visa checkout and my CSP.

Dont have CSP but got the Visa checkout deal email for Slate earlier this morning. Its only $10 so I doubt I'll use it. Not even 100% sure what Visa checkout is so signing up for it just to get $10 doesnt seem worth the effort. Now if it was something I already had plans to use again that would be different.

HF, I love how sensible you are. I agree, I mean I don't have Chase at the moment so didn't get the email obviously but wouldn't bother with it unless I was planning to use Visa Checkout anyway.

I try. I mean I looked at it and considered it but then Im like do I really want to use my email address to sign up for yet another thing? Seems like anytime I do so here comes more spam! Even when I specifically check that I do not want to be subscribed to any of the marketing crap they have to offer. Smiley Frustrated $10 isn't going to change my life so skipped it.

I think the "don't email me offers" checkbox is just there for psychological satisfaction, as I am 100% convinced they totally ignore your response and flood you with spam anyway!

Right! I know it seems trivial but it really pisses me off lol I cant stand getting emails and advertisements for crap I didnt sign up for and never wanted. Thats part of why I only shop at a few select places online. Anytime I purchase something new either they dont have the option to opt out of the spam and automatically start sending me a load of garbage or the option is there but its totally ignored. Then I have to click on a tiny miniscule *unsubscibe* link at the bottom when I never should have been subscribed in the first darn place! Smiley Mad Ok, rant over. Smiley Tongue Appreciate being able to get that off my chest.

Message 951 of 1,214
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow...I'm truly sorry I mentioned it.

Message 952 of 1,214
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow...I'm truly sorry I mentioned it.

lol Its fine! Smiley Very Happy I really dont know how Id make it through my work day without the interesting stuff going on around here. Probably would have nodded off at least three times by now.

Message 953 of 1,214
BUN
Established Contributor

Checking in! Hanging tough in the 700's. TU being my highest score. I've got to really focus my energy to remain positive and stick to my goals. It's hard to when I probably could get the Sallie now, but I know it's best to wait for the optimal time for ALL the cards I want, and strike all at once and not piece meal. After that haul, I am in the GC indefinitely. The no INQ goal stands firm. Smiley Happy

Starting Score : 575 May, 2013
Current Scores: EQ 716 6 INQ TU 745 4 INQ EX 726 3 INQ Last INQ December 2015, In the GC until Jan 2017.
Message 954 of 1,214
myjourney
Super Contributor

@BUN wrote:

Checking in! Hanging tough in the 700's. TU being my highest score. I've got to really focus my energy to remain positive and stick to my goals. It's hard to when I probably could get the Sallie now, but I know it's best to wait for the optimal time for ALL the cards I want, and strike all at once and not piece meal. After that haul, I am in the GC indefinitely. The no INQ goal stands firm. Smiley Happy

I like your approach and thinking WTG 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 955 of 1,214
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@BUN wrote:

I like your approach and thinking WTG 

+1

Get it all out of the way and out of your system in one lump and be done with it. Couldn't agree more.

Message 956 of 1,214
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Has anyone tried out Android Pay? I know Apple Pay is all the rage around here with the Discover promo, lol, but I received an update on my S6 Edge and Android Pay showed up and it seems ready to go; I just need to add my cards.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 957 of 1,214
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

@BUN wrote:

Thats great BUN!

I am trying to stick to mine as well.

Message 958 of 1,214
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:
Has anyone tried out Android Pay? I know Apple Pay is all the rage around here with the Discover promo, lol, but I received an update on my S6 Edge and Android Pay showed up and it seems ready to go; I just need to add my cards.

I have not tried Android Pay yet.  I’m waiting for the launch off Samsung Pay, because I’ve read it is superior.  However, I did read quite a few reviews for Android Pay.  Most of the Google Wallet users are extremely unhappy with the new Android Pay.  Many have complained that it doesn’t work properly and/or is difficult to use.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 959 of 1,214
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Well that's a shame. Lol. I was all excited to try it. And I'm looking forward to Samsung Pay as well, but I've heard rumors that Verizon phones may not support it... Smiley Sad

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 960 of 1,214
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.