Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Thread - January 2017

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Garden Club Thread - January 2017

Its a new year... and im still in the garden... trying to ignore the Credit Siren's call.... but im almost out of anything i can do without an HP....

Id like some things to happen, but without HP.....  Really would like to see a AutoCLI with Chase, and not app for another card or take an HP for a CLI

Also like to see Blispay up their CL a bit.. even though its only reported on one report..... 

Waiting to see what my CU does with my card and hope for a small Auto CLI.. or not... 

Im actually pretty set with all the luv Discovers been giving me... Will I go for another romp... in less than 30days perhaps Smiley Wink

(Slightly earlier than my 60 day mark) Edit: Lets just say I had a good evening with Discover on friday....... Got the CLI)

Almost done paying off my 0% apr on my Freedom... (and they are making some offers as well)

My SSL is becoming mature in feb or march....

Will have most of my Blispay paid off in the next 2 months.. and all in 4..(yes a took a few 0% offers)...

Paid off my CU card entirely....

Will have to work on Discover... but in a few months, that too should be handled.. (went a little over budget on christmas. Not badly but.. want that squared away)

Hope 2017 is great for everyone

-J

Message 41 of 364
wmweeza
Established Contributor

Checking in. It's officially the year we buy our next house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 42 of 364
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

Fellow gardeners,

Happy 2017. I hope everyone has had a safe start to the new year. Smiley Happy 

I remain in the garden, and I don't have any needs for new credit at this point. So, I'll be hanging out in the garden for the forseeable future. 

It's kind of nice to be boring.

Garden strong. Smiley Happy

Message 43 of 364
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, Thanks Pizza!. I wish you all the best on your continuing journey and i know December will be awesome for you with your Citi. That actually is a true Fico story in that are setting your goal with Citi and that hardwork will pay off. BIG TIME!. I would actually like to pay back Amex one day what i owe them but sadly dont have it in the budget just yet. That just may become my goal for 2018 lolSmiley Happy.

On a side note, i think my Navy Fed goal will have to wait as my TU is no longer optimal but thats ok. Hopefully the Navy League option will still be available next year and ill be much more prepared to handle that massive approval hahaSmiley Wink

Lol jolt, i feel ya on the cli issues. I really am beginning to you hit that mark where the only cli worth getting now is sp or auto. Id much rather prefer saving my hps for a card or product i actuslly need. Maybe im maturing lol. Happy New Year Smiley Happy
Message 44 of 364
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
A Very BIG Happy New Years to all my Ficoland FamilySmiley Happy

Its been a crazy time for me lately in the credit world and personally but i am hoping 2017 brings happyness for us all. I wanted to post this so i can look back in December and see how far i came. With a recent setback in my credit report, ive hit that plateau where ive decided to make a strong attack plan for having a stronger profile in the future.

My main goals for 2017 is to pay off all my cc debt including loans etc. Im gonna be eating lots of Ramen lol, but i gotta do it. Im going to try and not use any of my cards with the exception of my Disco for most important needs, food and gas, bills etc. I dont think any of my cards will close for no use for couple of months but if so , so be it. I wanns garden realistically until 2018 so all my inqs fall off but realistically, one never knows . Eventually im going to cut back my collection for just enough to cover my basic spend.

I had recently unfroze my EX to see if my issues i was having were dealt with and apparently they were so i know know i can lock unlock at will. My EQ is a whole other monster grhhh. I did try on a couple cards for clis but as is always with me , they always want equifax grhh. Positive though i did not get any takers for the Ex report so no new hpsSmiley Happy. Was amazed that Macys actually instant approved my request for 2k with a frozen reportSmiley Happy. Was gonna ask for more but just wanted to round up my account to 5k.

Probably the card i want a cli the most i will never get, my Penfed Promise($500) as Penfed always wants to use Equifax and i dont have the profile to get auto luv. At least my nextgen score rose from 653 to 695Smiley Happy

Anyway sorry for long post just want to garden hard for 2017 and hope everyone achieves their goals this year. Big shout out to everyone but especially to those special members who have helped a stranger tremendously and made this average joe feel above average: Uncle B, Justagirl73, Bella007, ItsPossible, LOTR, mugencivic, Joltdude, Humu, Pizza1, BeautifulBlackPearl, Aduke, KayKay, CM7 , LilCeez, and all my other fico friends( forgive me if i forgot to mention your nameSmiley Happy ) who have made this a great place to be and even when i wanna hide up in a whole , bring out the best in MyFico and show me how much it is worth it to stick around. Smiley Happy THANK YOUSmiley Happy

You got this AJC! I'll be right there gardening with you Smiley Happy If it gets tough feel free to PM me any time. It's hard rebuilding to where we want/need to be!

Message 45 of 364
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks SM! Will do. I guess if rebuilding was easy everyone would do it lolSmiley Happy.
Message 46 of 364
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its been a crazy time for me lately in the credit world and personally but i am hoping 2017 brings happyness for us all. I wanted to post this so i can look back in December and see how far i came. With a recent setback in my credit report, ive hit that plateau where ive decided to make a strong attack plan for having a stronger profile in the future.

My main goals for 2017 is to pay off all my cc debt including loans etc. Im gonna be eating lots of Ramen lol, but i gotta do it. Im going to try and not use any of my cards with the exception of my Disco for most important needs, food and gas, bills etc. I dont think any of my cards will close for no use for couple of months but if so , so be it. I wanns garden realistically until 2018 so all my inqs fall off but realistically, one never knows . Eventually im going to cut back my collection for just enough to cover my basic spend.

I had recently unfroze my EX to see if my issues i was having were dealt with and apparently they were so i know know i can lock unlock at will. My EQ is a whole other monster grhhh. I did try on a couple cards for clis but as is always with me , they always want equifax grhh. Positive though i did not get any takers for the Ex report so no new hpsSmiley Happy. Was amazed that Macys actually instant approved my request for 2k with a frozen reportSmiley Happy. Was gonna ask for more but just wanted to round up my account to 5k.

Probably the card i want a cli the most i will never get, my Penfed Promise($500) as Penfed always wants to use Equifax and i dont have the profile to get auto luv. At least my nextgen score rose from 653 to 695Smiley Happy

Anyway sorry for long post just want to garden hard for 2017 and hope everyone achieves their goals this year. Big shout out to everyone but especially to those special members who have helped a stranger tremendously and made this average joe feel above average: Uncle B, Justagirl73, Bella007, ItsPossible, LOTR, mugencivic, Joltdude, Humu, Pizza1, BeautifulBlackPearl, Aduke, KayKay, CM7 , LilCeez, and all my other fico friends( forgive me if i forgot to mention your nameSmiley Happy ) who have made this a great place to be and even when i wanna hide up in a whole , bring out the best in MyFico and show me how much it is worth it to stick around. Smiley Happy THANK YOUSmiley Happy

Thank you, AJC! I hope 2017 brings you great success in your credit endeavors. "Strong attack plan" and "garden hard," I like those expressions because they imply great effort. I know you will achieve all your goals! Smiley Happy

Message 47 of 364
joltdude
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you, AJC! I hope 2017 brings you great success in your credit endeavors. "Strong attack plan" and "garden hard," I like those expressions because they imply great effort. I know you will achieve all your goals! Smiley Happy

AJC

I still think you might be surprised in meeting and exceeding your goals for 2017.. Hang tight, garden hard, and the pieces are starting to fall into place..

-J

Message 48 of 364
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thanks Bella!! Make sure you enjoy that shiny new 10k gem you just got. Forget Progresso soup, that what id call ProgressSmiley Happy

DANG right Jolt!. One day at a time is all we can ask for but at least there are 365 of them so many unique ones at that.

Oh yeah, cant believe i forgot to mention my a true Fico friend in WeedebSmiley Wink who like our beloved Beautifulblackpearl tidies up our harden home, always finds the time of great encouragement to those who find success in approvals but also those seeking guidance. You are truel appreciated Smiley Happy
Message 49 of 364
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy New Year!! Hope everyone enjoys a wonderful 2017 with lots of joy, laughter, and adventure! Smiley Very Happy

Checking in - finally achieved my gold spade, so shiny yay! I also got an SP CLI from Citi (which was only opened couple months ago) to cross the $5000 mark that I want for all my cards. And now I wait again, to get the same for the other two. Chase, I'm hoping will be an auto CLI, if I start using it more - if they have useful categories this year. Or I'll wait until 2018 and request a HP CLI. And the Quicksilver will be a hardest one to get, as they've already denied me because I don't spend enough on it. So I may give in and put a big purchase I'm planning, on it just so I can get a CLI right after that statement cuts. That's it for credit goals! Nothing so exciting, haha Smiley Happy Happily watching my scores slowly increase, woo!

Message 50 of 364
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.