Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Thread - January 2017

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club Thread - January 2017

@wmweeza wrote:

Checking in. It's officially the year we buy our next house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations!  What an exciting year for you! Smiley Happy

I'm right behind ya.  And look at that DIAMOND spade.  Oooooh.  Aaaaah! You deserve to be able to house shop!

Message 71 of 364
Anonymous
Not applicable

@iheartwings wrote:

Fellow gardeners,

Happy 2017. I hope everyone has had a safe start to the new year. Smiley Happy 

I remain in the garden, and I don't have any needs for new credit at this point. So, I'll be hanging out in the garden for the forseeable future. 

It's kind of nice to be boring.

Garden strong. Smiley Happy

Yeah, I'm beginning to get the picture too - boring is just another word for: patience...stability....growth! Smiley Wink

Message 72 of 364
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Happy New Year!! Hope everyone enjoys a wonderful 2017 with lots of joy, laughter, and adventure! Smiley Very Happy

Checking in - finally achieved my gold spade, so shiny yay! I also got an SP CLI from Citi (which was only opened couple months ago) to cross the $5000 mark that I want for all my cards. And now I wait again, to get the same for the other two. Chase, I'm hoping will be an auto CLI, if I start using it more - if they have useful categories this year. Or I'll wait until 2018 and request a HP CLI. And the Quicksilver will be a hardest one to get, as they've already denied me because I don't spend enough on it. So I may give in and put a big purchase I'm planning, on it just so I can get a CLI right after that statement cuts. That's it for credit goals! Nothing so exciting, haha Smiley Happy Happily watching my scores slowly increase, woo!

Congratulations on getting your GOLD spade!  Crossing the $5k mark on a SP CLI...sweeeeet!

Message 73 of 364
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sexyblue wrote:

Hello All –

I have been in the garden since 2014 and I am not leaving this month.  I am staying focused on my debt reduction and score increasing strategy. I have learned a lot from the board this year. The most important is being patient, and not being trigger happy applying for any and every card that comes along.

In addition, strategy and execution are essential, for having an optimal credit file and fico score. To this end, playing the long game in credit, will work to your advantage and pay dividends in the future.  I am sure what I have learned will serve me well going forward.  

Remember to keep those files Frozen- unless its truly necessary!!!

I wish you all a Happy New Year, and look forward to seeing you in 2017.

Thank you,

@Sexyblue wrote:

Hello All –

I have been in the garden since 2014 and I am not leaving this month.  I am staying focused on my debt reduction and score increasing strategy. I have learned a lot from the board this year. The most important is being patient, and not being trigger happy applying for any and every card that comes along.

In addition, strategy and execution are essential, for having an optimal credit file and fico score. To this end, playing the long game in credit, will work to your advantage and pay dividends in the future.  I am sure what I have learned will serve me well going forward.  

Remember to keep those files Frozen- unless its truly necessary!!!

I wish you all a Happy New Year, and look forward to seeing you in 2017.

Thank you,

Will do! Smiley Happy  And good luck on remaining focused on your goals.  Since you're in it for the long game, I'm sure your scores will steadily increase!

Happy Gardening! Smiley Happy

Message 74 of 364
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BigBS wrote:

Happy New Year to all!  Back to the garden after finishing up some business credit activity in December.  Don't know how long I will stay, but it will take a lot to get me to leave.  Made the turn from merely paying minimum amounts on accounts/loans to making credit work for me and plan to stay here.  Good luck to everyone for all that you do in 2017!

^^^^That's not always an easy turn to make, but once made, it gets easier and easier.  Looks like you're in for a great 2017! Smiley Happy

Message 75 of 364
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

**bleep** I completely forgot about new month and garden. Happy New Year to everyone.

Message 76 of 364
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I already have an update. DH and I sat down and talked, and we are going to put a little bit of money into his vehicle. It runs great, and there's just no necessity to get something new right now. (Plus, I might end up trading him for daily drivers. He likes my Honda, and I love driving his ginormous, gas-chugging SUV!) Plus, I just want to garden, and let things grow. I know we'll be in a much better place a year from now. I'm actually starting to think mortgage! I've gone from thinking, "It will never happen," to thinking, "Wow, we could buy a place in 2018!" I just want to thank everyone on here, because I don't think I would have had the knowledge or the wherewithall to do this without you guys! Smiley Very Happy

Such a scarey and exciting feeling, isn't it???!  But once you realize ... hey, I may be able to actually apply for mortgage in about a year or so...wow...

That's when you really get motivated and focused!  Yeah, I can see it now...Bella pulling that big 'ol SUV in the driveway of her new house!  <all grins> Smiley Very Happy

myFico:  where dreams become reality!  

Message 77 of 364
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

Howdy, howdy boys and girls.  Happy 2017!

DW and I just picked up our silver spades a few days ago, no applications on the horizon.  Mostly, I intend to take 2017 "off" from the pursuit of credit.  Our only known major upcoming expenses are an air conditioner and a kiddo starting college and we've got funding and/or financing in place for both.

Congratulations on getting your SILVER spades! Smiley Happy

Message 78 of 364
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

My first time in the garden and I only lasted about six weeks, so I am starting over.  My goal is all FICO 08 scores at 760+ by the end of the year with 0 new HPs and reducing my revolving debt by at least another $15,000.  I also want to further prune my wallet and sock drawer steadily over this year.

Evaluating where my balances were ove the weekend, I knew I was going to have some tedious balance transfer shifting coming up from June to December, so I took the HP from BOA to double my Travel Rewards to $16k and thought while I was at it, I would call Chase to get a CLI on my Freedom (assumed I could add another $10k or so).  Declined (will call to recon tomorrow since it's the first real business day after) but used the best of the pull since it would likely be discarded as a dupe by the CRAs and accepted the CSP offer on my account - then got the lowest published APR and $12k SL minutes after being told they couldn't budge on my $4200/14.24% Freedom.  Sorry, I know this paragraph is bordering on belonging in approvals, but I just wanted to do what I could to prepare to keep myself in the garden and on track for my goals in 2017 and hope everyone else can achieve theirs!

Nothing wrong with getting your ducks in a row, so to speak. Smiley Wink

Something that some people are doing and I am doing as well, is you may consider freezing your CRs on all the CBs. This provides an added barrier that must be crossed before I do something I might regret (like app for something or take a HP when I KNOW it's the last thing I want to do).  

Btw, your six weeks got me beat!  I think I wasn't in the garden even a week, before I attempted to increase a TL.  But luckily for me, I forgot my CRs were frozen and that blocked it! Smiley Very Happy  

Good luck on meeting all of your goals and...

Happy Gardening! Smiley Happy

Message 79 of 364
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tealatte wrote:

Just signed up to myfico forum but I have been reading for a while and learned a lot. My last application was on 9/2/16 so I have been gardening for a while. 

Here are My CC

1. Amex Platinum
  2. Amex BCE-CL $5000
  3. Chase Sapphire- CL $8000
  4. Chase Freedom Unlimited-CL $3500
  5. Citi Preferred-CL $2000
  6. Barclay Rewards- $1500
  7. Bestbuy VISA-CL $1000

My Plan is to continue to garden and grow the CL by SP and probably close the Barclay and Best buy as I don't really have use for them.

Happy New year Everyone!

Welcome to myFico and to the garden! Smiley Happy Glad you made your first post! Smiley Very Happy

Message 80 of 364
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.