Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club Thread - March 2017

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Club Thread - March 2017

@EdMan63 wrote:

Here we go with another new month. Wasn't it just Christmas? This marks my 9th month in the garden. Scores are doing good and inquiries are dropping off. No new credit on the horizon except a lease renewal on my car in a few months. I know some like to go on app sprees after a new mortgage but I'm sitting tight and letting everything age this year.  Maybe one or two new cards in future but that's about it. I'm still in the less is more camp. I read or heard something the other day that said credit is a skill. Managing your credit and finances is a skill. I've learned a lot since coming here 2 years ago today. 

I agree EdMan63.

Message 51 of 532
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@IncrsCreditScore wrote:

Hard to believe we are in the month that ends the first quarter of 2017. 

So nice to see that all are doing good and that the garden is having positive effective for you all.

Have two goals for this month:

- Close one credit card and transfer the dollars equally between two other credit cards

- Product change (PC) an NFCU card to a different NFCIU card (have heard they don't do that, but am going to try)

A longer goal is to not have any credit inquiries for at least 24 months.  My last inquiry was 1-2017 or should have been.  I don't have a credit report to confirm that yet.  If NFCU will let me PC, I hope they won't do a hard pull (HP).  If they do want to do a HP, I may just close the card.  Have had the card for nearly two years and can count on one hand the number of times I have used it.

Good gardening, everyone!

Good news!  Unless something has recently changed, it's easy to PC a NFCU card.  Smiley Happy

The only (possible) caveat is that they might adjust your APR to reflect the rewards scheme of the new card... depending on what you choose that could work out to your favor, though.  Smiley Wink

Message 52 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

March 28, 2017 = 6 months

I'm two days in front of you.  Smiley Happy

Goooooooooooood morning boys and girls.  Happy March!

Yep! I'm thinking about doing a year like you. 

Message 53 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tcbofade wrote:

@beautifulblaquepearl wrote:

March 28, 2017 = 6 months

I'm two days in front of you.  Smiley Happy

Goooooooooooood morning boys and girls.  Happy March! 

Removed - duplicate reply.

Message 54 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey, BBP, you must have known a CLI was on it's way....guess what? Yep! I just got a 2K auto-CLI from Discover right after statement #3 (and payment made for statement #3)! Whoo hoo!

I averaged about $900 charges each month for the first two months, but this last month I charged a bit over 2K. PIF each month.

Congratulations LOTR!! You deserve it!! Good things happen when we are patient and stay focused on our goals. Like others have said, gardening works!Smiley Wink

Message 55 of 532
blossom_rebuilding
Regular Contributor

First time posting in the garden thread, so my gardening status is now official! My scores were holding steady between 650-665 until my December/January app spree, when the new accounts vastly increased my overall available credit and shot my scores up to 670-683. Transfering a balance to one of my new cards also dropped my utilization percentage, so I'm only technically maxed out on one card (getting it under 80% this spring...baby steps). The new inquiries only dropped my scores for a couple weeks, so now my scores are all in the 690s. My goal is getting the FICO 08s to 700 across the board, and getting all three mortgage scores over 680 by June, which just got real after a recent intro discussion with a loan officer. I'm actively resisting the Marvel card (I had the application open two or three times and had to step away every time), telling myself it'll still be there after I've got the house. It's good motivation to stay in the garden! I hit the one month mark mid-March!

Message 56 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy March everyone! I have my feet firmly planted in the garden for at least a year. It's going to be a very long year.....

Message 57 of 532
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello march! Still in the garden. 👍
Message 58 of 532
Kidcat
Established Contributor

Happy March fellow gardeners.  I am counting today as day 1 on this next gardening journey.  The first of the month is easy to keep track.

Good luck to everyone with reaching their goals, credit and otherwise.  

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 59 of 532
DaveStPete
Established Member

Hanging in there, still feeling very green and brand-new, just barely starting to sprout and poke my head above the dirt.

Current FICO (11/10/17): EQ: 646 / TU: 679 / EX: 674
Starting FICO (2/19/17): EQ: 580 / TU: 620 / EX: 594
Message 60 of 532
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.