tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Garden Club of August!

@drkaje wrote:

@ptrutkowski wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@ptrutkowski wrote:

It's almost September Smiley Happy  Do we get to reward ourselves on Labor Day?

Not if a new App is involved, LOL!

Dang Smiley Sad  Shot down.

What about CLI requests that require a hard pull? Smiley Happy

That's just apping an existing account. Smiley Happy

I'm itching to ask BOA about reopening an account that dates back to 1995. I'd fall off the wagon for the increased age because it would help the score. That being said, I really don't need anything new at the moment.

Although miracles do happen, I have never, ever heard of a lender reopening an account that old. Some will cut you some slack if you call back a month or two after closing and do some appropriate groveling about how horribly misguided you were to close the account, but 1995?? Sorry, but a new account is a new account.

I'll be glad to keep some happy thoughts for you, but in no way would a waste an inq on something like this. Do check with their CSR's, though.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 71 of 80
motiv8ed2getthescoreup
Regular Contributor

For the first time ever, I am officially joining the gardening club. I have acquired all the cards I need and I feel good about not wanting to app anything else!!!!

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: TU 764 EQ 721 EX 768
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 72 of 80
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@ptrutkowski wrote:

@drkaje wrote:

@ptrutkowski wrote:

It's almost September Smiley Happy  Do we get to reward ourselves on Labor Day?

Not if a new App is involved, LOL!

Dang Smiley Sad  Shot down.

What about CLI requests that require a hard pull? Smiley Happy

That's just apping an existing account. Smiley Happy

I'm itching to ask BOA about reopening an account that dates back to 1995. I'd fall off the wagon for the increased age because it would help the score. That being said, I really don't need anything new at the moment.

Although miracles do happen, I have never, ever heard of a lender reopening an account that old. Some will cut you some slack if you call back a month or two after closing and do some appropriate groveling about how horribly misguided you were to close the account, but 1995?? Sorry, but a new account is a new account.

I'll be glad to keep some happy thoughts for you, but in no way would a waste an inq on something like this. Do check with their CSR's, though.

The cards were closed in 2007. I didn't understand credit very well and was giddy about finally paying off a card the ex had maxed out. It felt like a victory at the time but was pretty shortsighted. I've never tried talking to underwriting about the issue, though.

I recently sent out goodwill letters asking for a little love on lates those cards had from 2006 but haven't heard back yet.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 73 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

Almost made it to September!

Message 74 of 80
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Fell off the wagon?

Message 75 of 80
minimock
Frequent Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Fell off the wagon?

You find yourself on that road, the road you know so well, the road that leads you right back to the "Apply" button LOL Smiley Very Happy

Message 76 of 80
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Eventually but I'm trying to get away from needing to read "Congradulations!! You've been approved!" as a measure of progress.

Message 77 of 80
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

Don't you all miss SUBMIT NOW  Smiley Very Happy

>
Message 78 of 80
minimock
Frequent Contributor

That's not right, that is like walking into an AA meeting with a case of beer..........MMMM..........beer LOL Smiley Very Happy
Message 79 of 80
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@drkaje wrote:
Eventually but I'm trying to get away from needing to read "Congradulations!! You've been approved!" as a measure of progress.

+1!!!

Message 80 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.