Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Club of August!

tag
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

Re: Garden Club of August!

Looks like i'm in the garden club for now as well.  At least until my student loan rehab gets finalized in 3-4 months, and the high UTIL TexacoChevron card I was an AU gets removed from my credit reports.

I don't have much to garden, and aside from playing the waiting game, there isn't much I can do.

Hooters MC with a $500 limit.  Don't qualify for a CLI until Oct 2011.

Walmart store card with a $400 limit.  Don't quality for another CLI until Dec 2011.

Kay Jewelers store card with $500 limit.  Don't quality for a CLI until Jan 2012.

I'm hoping to just let these chill for a few months, and by the time my rehab goes though, my AAoA will be over 5 years, my older account will be 8 years, and 3 to 5 charge offs will be gone from the rehab.  (depending on if they remove the charge offs from before I consolidated, or only the ones from after.)

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: Discover TU: 829 Discover EX: 827
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 830!!
Message 41 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have already applied for everything I'm interested in. either approved or declined, there's basically nothing more to apply for. I think I will stay in garden for a while until any lenders come up with interesting products.
Message 42 of 80
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
I have already applied for everything I'm interested in. either approved or declined, there's basically nothing more to apply for. I think I will stay in garden for a while until any lenders come up with interesting products.

It's fun being choosy, isn't it? Smiley Very Happy  I like having lenders beg for my business, rather than the other way around.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 43 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd like to apply for one more card just for the extra CL but I don't really need one.  Going to take about 2 months to get to get all my balances to 0 and start PIF every month.

Message 44 of 80
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I'm still App free!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 45 of 80
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

I'm still App free!

Its not easy, thats for sure!

Message 46 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

Garden is SO BORING!  Needs to be done though, obviously.  How's everyone holding up?

Message 47 of 80
drkaje
Senior Contributor

I'm getting a perverse excitement from seeing the balances move down. Working OT, spending less and snowballing the smaller balance is where I'm at, right now.

I've got 4 solid cards with decent limits. That's enough for now.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 48 of 80
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

@ptrutkowski wrote:

Garden is SO BORING!  Needs to be done though, obviously.  How's everyone holding up?

I broke down an app'd for and was accepted for CapitalOne cash rewards card.  I'd rather have the cash back than the "points" I'm getting from my Hooters card.  I've talked to several different people, and they all say that the Hooters card can't go from an AF card to a no AF card, so its not one I'm planning on keeping.  It was great when nothing else was available too me, but, it has already served its purpose, and if I can't get them to waive next year's annual fee, it will be cancelled next march when the annual fee comes up.  the new inquiry dinged me a bit, but my AAoA only went from a 4.7 to a 4.6.  Hopefully I can keep myself from app'ing for a while again, now that i have a new "toy" to hold me over for a while.

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: Discover TU: 829 Discover EX: 827
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 830!!
Message 49 of 80
Anonymous
Not applicable

@drkaje wrote:

I'm getting a perverse excitement from seeing the balances move down. Working OT, spending less and snowballing the smaller balance is where I'm at, right now.

I've got 4 solid cards with decent limits. That's enough for now.

Same here,  I've cut my unnecessary spending by about 800% in the last 2 weeks and I plan to keep it that way at least until I get an emergency fund saved up.  I know it sounds like a lot, but apparently (I had no idea until I checked all my statements) I was spending a TON of money on things I didn't need, and sometimes didn't even really awnt.

Message 50 of 80
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.