Garden Thread - April 2015

tag
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Thread - April 2015

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Hola, 

New to the garden. My main focus is getting HP's off my reports (19 on TU 21, on EQ, unknown on EX).

Last HP was 3/3/15. Used the Shopping Cart Trick to add three new tradelines on 3/21 and 3/23.

Planning on staying in the garden until at least December, but most likely longer.  TU HP's will be down to 11 (all over 1 year old at that point) and EQ HP's will be down to 15 (all but four over a year old). 

Getting my free Experian report (from AnnualCreditReport) at the end of the month, and then I'll know how many HP's are on it. 

I know I'm really bad with my HP's. I was trying to refinance a car loan twice last year and doubled the number of inquiies I had. At one point my score plunged back down to 570. 

I expect my score to jump to 650's or 660's when a false collection is removed from my report, hoping to be near 700 by the end of the year. I'll app spree (starting with Amex) once I am over 700 and have 2 or 3 inquiries. 

Please keep me from apps! 

What's wrong with secured cards?

Nothing, why do you ask? I had a secured WF Platinum VISA for almost two years. They wouldn't graduate to unsecured, so I closed it and got my Capital One cards. 

Message 121 of 1,723
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Hola, 

New to the garden. My main focus is getting HP's off my reports (19 on TU 21, on EQ, unknown on EX).

Last HP was 3/3/15. Used the Shopping Cart Trick to add three new tradelines on 3/21 and 3/23.

Planning on staying in the garden until at least December, but most likely longer.  TU HP's will be down to 11 (all over 1 year old at that point) and EQ HP's will be down to 15 (all but four over a year old). 

Getting my free Experian report (from AnnualCreditReport) at the end of the month, and then I'll know how many HP's are on it. 

I know I'm really bad with my HP's. I was trying to refinance a car loan twice last year and doubled the number of inquiies I had. At one point my score plunged back down to 570. 

I expect my score to jump to 650's or 660's when a false collection is removed from my report, hoping to be near 700 by the end of the year. I'll app spree (starting with Amex) once I am over 700 and have 2 or 3 inquiries. 

Nothing, why do you ask? I had a secured WF Platinum VISA for almost two years. They wouldn't graduate to unsecured, so I closed it and got my Capital One cards. 

Secured cards > SCT's.

Message 122 of 1,723
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

I'm back from my Chicago trip! Overall it was fun and random (a lot of unexpected, funny things happened to us on our way back to CA lol) Smiley Very Happy

But that said, I've been bad back there.. I swiped my card more than I should've! :/ Mostly food and museum related expenses though..

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 123 of 1,723
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Hola, 

Secured cards > SCT's.

How so? Genuinely curious how they're better...

SCT's are unsecured lines with no hard pulls. I was able to add $1,400 to my credit limits with no HP's and no money out of pocket. 

Message 124 of 1,723
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Hola, 

Secured cards > SCT's.

SCT's are unsecured lines with no hard pulls. I was able to add $1,400 to my credit limits with no HP's and no money out of pocket. 

The damage from SCT is the effect it will have on your AAOA. Usually store card aren't all that useful even if its only an sp. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 125 of 1,723
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DeeBee78 wrote:

Hola, 

Secured cards > SCT's.

That will change soon enough. Smiley Happy

Message 126 of 1,723
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Guys just dont apply for anything it's really easy no need to freeze anything. Doesn't that stuff cost money too??

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 127 of 1,723
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kostya1992 wrote:

Guys just dont apply for anything it's really easy no need to freeze anything. Doesn't that stuff cost money too??

Costs money, but It's an extra security measure. Smiley Tongue

I like to protect my reports, thanks. Smiley Very Happy

Message 128 of 1,723
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kostya1992 wrote:

If you ever get the urge to apply for anything just call Barclays 24/7 Analysts and talk to them about whatever is on your mind. I find them to be "credit depression hotline" people. They're awesome and always there for you!

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 129 of 1,723
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kostya1992 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kostya1992 wrote:

If you ever get the urge to apply for anything just call Barclays 24/7 Analysts and talk to them about whatever is on your mind. I find them to be "credit depression hotline" people. They're awesome and always there for you!

You can't be serious.

Oh my, you are.

They actually talked me out of apping for the Ring in Feb when I applied for NFCU...

Once my TU was clean again though. Smiley Tongue

Message 130 of 1,723
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.