Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Thread - April 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Thread - April 2015

Hello All, 

I am very new to myfico.com and I have been on an app spree and I am already taking hits to my score..... I need to stop its so hard tho denial after denial......I am making an effort to garden ( if I am using the term correctly ). My goal is to garden for 6-8 months even longer since I have some inq's falling off in July... will try to pay down some of my CC's in the meanwhile...really looking forward to refinancing my 17.99% car loan arrggg..............

Message 171 of 1,723
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Beware Citibank CLI EX Hard Pull

@Anonymous wrote:

They were not ready to give you more credit yet it seems.

Very true. I shall continue to slowly woo them over time and that will change Smiley Happy But I didn't need more credit just needed a specific card. Which I got Smiley Tongue Have more than enough available credit now.

Message 172 of 1,723
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dougla718,

It is hard. WIth scores in the mid 500's, you're pretty much guaranteed to get denied for everything (I've been there, no judgment). Gardening will help you immensely, and in no time you'll be in a better position to get credit. Take the next six months to pay your balances down (or in full, ideally), with regular use, and address any baddies on your files if there are any. GW letters, PFD any open collections, etc.

Best of luck!

Message 173 of 1,723
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here again... checking into The Garden... AKA REHAB.

Message 174 of 1,723
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

@Tonya-E wrote:

Still hanging around the garden....I am excited to see what April throws my waySmiley Happy I started off March with my diamond spade, kept it all of 12 days, lol!  I gained the Amex everyday card to replace my Delta Amex and avoid the annual fee.  I got a SP CLI on my Amex BCP for 5.9k, I got a SP CLI on my Citi Card of 1.5 k. I ran out of things to do so I decided I would take one last stab at getting that baddie off of my equifax report.  I submitted online last week and I am just waiting to see what happens. The estimated completion date was 04/26 but updated to 04/01 today. Equifax is probably playing an April Fool's joke on me! I have had no luck before trying to get it removed. But it is due to fall off in August so I figured either way it can't hurt. I will be hanging out here for a while anyway.

Well hello April!!! My dispute is indeed finished and the results are!!!!:

>>> We have researched the credit account. Account # − 10500000339* The results are: This item has been

deleted from the credit file.

FINALLY!!!  Now back to my gardening!!!!

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 175 of 1,723
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice!

Message 176 of 1,723
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Hey Gardeners,

You might know my drill by now.   My first post of the month is where I outline my gardening plan for the month.   This should be a quiet credit month, since I did a lot of wheeling and dealing last month.   But here's my plan:

1. CLI request at Overstock (4/9)

2. Call EQ to see about early exclusion for CO

3. Collect bronze on 4/17!

4. Get more zero balances!

Simple month.   Really, I just need to hang tight.   I'm still likely to close Merrick next month, as it is my last active "rebuilder" card, and it generally doesn't have a use now.   I'm also still likely to close VS in August.   However, I need to get some more zero balances by then.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 177 of 1,723
Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit... wrong April 2015 thread.

Message 178 of 1,723
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am so glad my EX is going back under lock and key at 1PM today.

I broke out one more time just to see if FIA/BoA played the same field. I found out that while BoA won't even HP me, FIA will. Results will be in one of two applicable subforums later for those interested..

Results are up in apps for those who are interested. Declined with 12 reconsiderations including two by floor managers and one by customer resolutions.

They didn't care as much about the old delinquency as much as they did about new accounts. Looks like that's my sign to go for the gold. Smiley Tongue

Message 179 of 1,723
uswala
Senior Contributor

Checking in for April.

Message 180 of 1,723
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.