Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Thread - April 2015

tag
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: Garden Thread - April 2015

still holding on strong here! don't see any reason to step out and apply for anything

FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023

Message 1331 of 1,723
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

still holding on strong here! don't see any reason to step out and apply for anything

That's awesome. I also feel the same way. Kind of a relief actually.

Message 1332 of 1,723
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not feeling the same way at the moment but I will exercise patience Smiley Happy Morning GC
Message 1333 of 1,723
Lemmus
Established Contributor

...I thought it would be much harder than it has been ...I joined because I was house hunting and didn't need any more inquiries or new credit screwing the mortgage up ...I still get the preapproved cc letters but nothing has tempted me ...another chase? ...bleh ...another amex ...bleh, especially with the backdating gone ...just an occasional sp cli when I run across them (thank you HF) ...another couple weeks and it will be 6 mts and I no longer feel the urge to app ...that may change when the mortgage closes but I just don't see it unless some new card with great rewards, high cl, and 18 mts zero interest comes along ...but I really think I'm over the cc binging ...this place is like AA for CC addicts 

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 1334 of 1,723
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

Well, I must start over in the garden.  I lasted 2 weeks.  But this morning, I had a burning need to apply for the Sallie Mae World Master Card.  Found out that in our area they almost always pull TU and I have only one inquiry on TU, so decided to go for it.  Applied and immediately approved for $10,000.  Initially wanted an NFCU MC, but after looking over the benefits, the Sallie Mae beat it.

Back into the garden I go with absolutely no plans to stray out of it again.  So my start over is this afternoon.

Message 1335 of 1,723
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@IncrsCredScore wrote:

Well, I must start over in the garden.  I lasted 2 weeks.  But this morning, I had a burning need to apply for the Sallie Mae World Master Card.  Found out that in our area they almost always pull TU and I have only one inquiry on TU, so decided to go for it.  Applied and immediately approved for $10,000.  Initially wanted an NFCU MC, but after looking over the benefits, the Sallie Mae beat it.

Back into the garden I go with absolutely no plans to stray out of it again.  So my start over is this afternoon.

Welcome back. Armed sentries have been placed near all exits in case you try to escape again. Smiley Happy

Message 1336 of 1,723
macuserftw
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@macuserftw wrote:

Good morning everyone, 

It's now Monday again with the weekend going by way too quick. Managed to catch up on some much needed sleep while getting necessary house errands done. I clicked the LUV button on Comenity for my Overstock card and received an instant $200 CLI so, I'm very excited about that! My limits with Synchrony won't budge though, and I've had my Amazon store card with them for almost a year now with many purchases and PIF's. I'll let it report a $0 balance for a few months and try again.

Staying in the garden has been getting easier with each passing day. I definitely want to score a new car next year after my baddies fall off and then eventually buy a home so, I have a very strong source of motivation. Smiley Happy

have you tried chatting in with them?  i had a similar experience with my wal mart card. stuck at 250 for over a year, chatted in and im up to 6k

Unfortunately yes, I originally requested my CLI's through the online chat. I'm not sure why I was shot down as I have great history on their cards. I've been using the Amazon card a lot since I love shopping on Amazon, but after a few months of $0 balance reporting we shall see if they decide to honor my requests...

Message 1337 of 1,723
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

Hello GC Smiley Happy

Happy Monday Smiley Very Happy

Two weeks away from my silver spade.

CK showed a jump of 20-odd points on both CRs. I know it's not the best indicator but I'm hoping a similar jump on my TU FICO as well when I get Discover's score later this week.

But then Discover will report; and it'll show a balance that I had lowered on my other cards and stacked on this one. Getting a 0% APR - 12 months - and got some nice CLI (3k) so why not.

Hopefully by next month the AMEX CLI will also report and the scores will stay at / around 750. 

Onward and upward. 

No single card to get me out of here right now. SO got the EveryDay and I'm the AU. Nice feature of AMEX - monitoring the AU card alongwith my own BCE. Got the new card feeling without apping for one. Now time to get that spend bonus of 25k !

Message 1338 of 1,723
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

@-NewGuy- wrote:

@IncrsCredScore wrote:

Welcome back. Armed sentries have been placed near all exits in case you try to escape againSmiley Happy

Don't think I will need the sentries; I've scared myself to death.  But thanks for the kind offer.  LOL

Message 1339 of 1,723
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Good Monday Afternoon! Nothing new to report credit wise.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 1340 of 1,723
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.