Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Thread - February 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Thread - February 2015

Morning GC! Smiley Happy I know these are FAKOS and mean next to nothing but Ive never gone above 700 on CK so this made me smile 😄 Enjoy your day

Superbowl time yay!!! QuickMemo+_2015-02-01-06-44-37-1.png

Message 41 of 1,721
sunkissed
Established Contributor

Good morning fellow Gardeners.  Welcome to February and Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

January was a good month for me.  I got an auto-CLI on my Chase Freedom – from $7,500 to $9,000.  Target increased my line a whopping $200. (goodness gracious, I’ve got to just give this card the ax!).  I closed my Lord & Taylor card.  Although I shop there every now and then, there are no rewards so there was really no incentive to keep the card.

I don’t really have a firm plans for February.  I have a lot of other stuff going on in life, so I may just let the shortest month of the year pass me by without doing any “credit work”.

Garden Strong!

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 42 of 1,721
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Morning GC! Smiley Happy I know these are FAKOS and mean next to nothing but Ive never gone above 700 on CK so this made me smile 😄 Enjoy your day

Superbowl time yay!!! QuickMemo+_2015-02-01-06-44-37-1.png

me and you girl!   I love CK lol... checking in for Feb (month 4.... uhhhhg)

ck21.png

Message 43 of 1,721
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet! Smiley Very Happy Util will be 5% for this month. I might knock it down to 1% for March to see what kind of difference it makes. Nice job!
Message 44 of 1,721
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Checking in for February. On the 19th I'll pick up my Diamond Spade. Woohoo.

Still no plans to leave the Garden. Waiting on my last baddie to fall off (April) before I make any moves/check my scores. Really hoping to see some significant improvement across the board.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 45 of 1,721
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Fellow Ficonauts:

Checking in for February.  I've been gardening since mid-November, when I picked up a Barclays Rewards MC and a secured Discover.  Planning on staying here until July, waiting for a couple of baddies to fall off.  Goals right now are saving money and eventually adding a lower interest CC.      May be car shopping later this year so definitely keeping an eye on my scores. 

Thanks for all your advice and wisdom on these boards, and thanks to Lexie for adding my bronze siggy!

Message 46 of 1,721
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

I have recently been approved for AMEX Simply Cash for my business and I'm waiting on an answer for the BCE card - but HP was done yesterday so I'm jumping into the garden!  I have a couple baddies falling off early next year and then one later in the year. Once those are done, ALL baddies will have been removed from my reports.  SOOOO, I'm going to do my best to stay in the garden for at least a year.  If business needs change or if I'm actually able to go full time with the business, I may have to jump back out of the garden, but the goal is to stay in for at least a year! Wish me luck.

Starting Score: TU 607, EX 606, EQ 611
Current Score: TU 675, EX 671, EQ 654 - FAKO scores TU 744, EX 735, EQ 728 - I wish these were my real scores!
Goal Score: 750 across the board. Simulator says 806 if I stay on track for 24 months
Message 47 of 1,721
Anonymous
Not applicable

If they did a second HP for BCE you will almost certainly be approved so yay!!! Smiley Happy Welcome to the garden! Good luck with your goals. Modification here and there may be needed depending on your circumstances but as long as your making consistent progress thats great 😄
Message 48 of 1,721
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@DueDilligence wrote:

So in a sum, if you haven't had any hard or soft pulls/inquiries in the past twentyfour months, you qualify to join the club?

You can join any time.  Re read the first post, it's very helpful.

Signature needs updating
Message 49 of 1,721
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@happypill wrote:

Quick question about proper seedling/spade usage.  Should we advance the symbol according to calendar month, or after 30 actual days?  For example, I started gardening January 14th.  Do I move to bronze spade on 2/1 or 2/14?  Thanks.

Symbol advances are by month (so we get a short pass this month).

Edit: it is by the date of the month, if your last hp for trade line is the 9th (like mine), then anniversary is always the 9th (or until your next hp).  This month is short because only 28 days, but still goes by anniversary date. Smiley Tongue

Signature needs updating
Message 50 of 1,721
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.