Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Thread - February 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Thread - February 2015

Well, after a slight escape from the garden, I guess I'm back in. I was doing good until the end of Jan, I got the AARP Chase to have a dining card, and the Citi DoubleCash that I always wanted. I'm really happy with the arsenal of the cards I have and don't see myself applying for anything new in a while. The only thing that I had a slight interest into was the Chase Freedom, but it seems a little useless next to my Discover IT. (If anyone has both and can tell me if its worth it, that'd be very nice.) 

Message 151 of 1,721
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

HAYYYYYY GC! Checking in. In my 5th month and still going strong!

Keep up the good work peeps! It will be worth it!

Message 152 of 1,721
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, after a slight escape from the garden, I guess I'm back in. I was doing good until the end of Jan, I got the AARP Chase to have a dining card, and the Citi DoubleCash that I always wanted. I'm really happy with the arsenal of the cards I have and don't see myself applying for anything new in a while. The only thing that I had a slight interest into was the Chase Freedom, but it seems a little useless next to my Discover IT. (If anyone has both and can tell me if its worth it, that'd be very nice.) 

I had both and to me it wasnt worth it. Got to a point where Freedom was barely used aside from a monthly automatic charity payment Smiley Happy Others may have a different experience but having both Freedom and Discover doesnt seem to be necessary

Message 153 of 1,721
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I had both and to me it wasnt worth it. Got to a point where Freedom was barely used aside from a monthly automatic charity payment Smiley Happy Others may have a different experience but having both Freedom and Discover doesnt seem to be necessary

Freedom has its uses like visa has more acceptance than discover. Not by an lot but still it has more. Also most people that seem to like freedom is because of UR transfers to CSP or Ink plus for travel, that is where you can get better value than you can with discover. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 154 of 1,721
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mongstradamus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Freedom has its uses like visa has more acceptance than discover. Not by an lot but still it has more. Also most people that seem to like freedom is because of UR transfers to CSP or Ink plus for travel, that is where you can get better value than you can with discover. 

There are also a couple areas where they don't overlap. For example, last year had an extra gas quarter in Q3. However, in general, I would prefer IT over Freedom. 

I'm also curious on whether you use your Amazon store card, given that you have a SM card that probably gets you better benefits.

Message 155 of 1,721
Anonymous
Not applicable

They have neither CSP nor Ink so thats irrelevant at the moment. And personally I have yet to encounter any transaction where Discover wasnt accepted. Overseas might be a different story but online or in general nope. Even my rental property accepts Discover. Amex however is a no Smiley Tongue

Message 156 of 1,721
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, when are you adding to your sig? Smiley Wink
Message 157 of 1,721
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whenever I finally get the details. Hearing "im endorsing the application for approval" from the verification representative was a nice step but I have nothing official yet. And if this ends up as a denial Im really going to be a bit miffed now that I think about it Smiley Frustrated

Message 158 of 1,721
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lol I gotcha
Message 159 of 1,721
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

I was really surprised today i got an call from amex , and looks like they are going to give me the amazon prime offer. Pleasently surprised!!!! So officially i have no CCC on my hate list !!!

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 160 of 1,721
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.