Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Thread - February 2015

tag
LearningMoreAboutCredit
Frequent Contributor

Re: Garden Thread - February 2015

Hi GC'ers!!

Still going strong in the gardenSmiley Wink.  Got a notification from one of my creditors I received an auto-CLI yesterdaySmiley Surprised.  2015 is looking up and INQ's are falling off like clockworkSmiley Happy.  I hope 2015 is going well for those who resist from app envy or promosSmiley Very Happy.

Any advice given is always YMMV...

Current FICOs: 740+ across the board | Goal: >760 FICO | Total CLs: $63.3k/$60k Goal | Utilization: 19% | Last App: 05/01/2014 | INQ: EX: 10, EQ: 8, TU: 5, All Expire 06/2016; No Collections/Charge Offs/BK's | AAoA: 7yrs.
| All Reports Frozen!!! | No Apps til 12/2015 | Homeowner since: 06/28/13 | White Whales: Marriott Rewards, Discover IT, Sallie Mae WMC, Sams MC
Message 621 of 1,721
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@sparklerd34 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sparklerd34 wrote:

Well i just realized that January was officially over and im still in the garden and the thrill of the holidays is officially over and my new goal is to maintain, payoff and save.  I have my small limits and my store cards which are small limits and thats fine for me for now.  I noticed that my score is starting to slowly increase which is a good thing instead of decrease and i cant thank you all for the great advice provided on my journey. i hope i can pay it forward one day.  So i do have one question for everyone this month.  What is the ideal utelization for a credit card?  Should it be 30% or less? 

Ideal utilization? Under 10% on one card, all other cards showing 0% utilization. 

oh wow okay thats really low okay i guess thats like almost not having a card huh lol

Under 10% just means under 10% reporting.  Not under 10% usage. Usually it means paying in full (or 10% on the one card), before statement close date and keeping it to that amount until after the close date.  In my case, I don't shop at Costco near the 9th. Thus keeping my AmEX reporting $0 and PIF my FNBO or Quicksilver, by due date.  You can also just pay previous month's balance on one card and keep all your other cards reporting $0 at statement cut date.

All of this only maters when you're trying to discover the highest FICO score you can attain based on your current status.  When that's not the case, just keep from paying interest and save money.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 622 of 1,721
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

@bdhu2001 wrote:

@sparklerd34 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sparklerd34 wrote:

Well i just realized that January was officially over and im still in the garden and the thrill of the holidays is officially over and my new goal is to maintain, payoff and save.  I have my small limits and my store cards which are small limits and thats fine for me for now.  I noticed that my score is starting to slowly increase which is a good thing instead of decrease and i cant thank you all for the great advice provided on my journey. i hope i can pay it forward one day.  So i do have one question for everyone this month.  What is the ideal utelization for a credit card?  Should it be 30% or less? 

Ideal utilization? Under 10% on one card, all other cards showing 0% utilization. 

oh wow okay thats really low okay i guess thats like almost not having a card huh lol

Under 10% just means under 10% reporting.  Not under 10% usage. Usually it means paying in full (or 10% on the one card), before statement close date and keeping it to that amount until after the close date.  In my case, I don't shop at Costco near the 9th. Thus keeping my AmEX reporting $0 and PIF my FNBO or Quicksilver, by due date.  You can also just pay previous month's balance on one card and keep all your other cards reporting $0 at statement cut date.

All of this only maters when you're trying to discover the highest FICO score you can attain based on your current status.  When that's not the case, just keep from paying interest and save money.

ok thanks for the info

Message 623 of 1,721
sparklerd34
Established Contributor

Garden Thread - February 2015

So i tried to upload my images of credit cards but gave up because its way too complicated...  none of them worked.  Smiley Sad

Message 624 of 1,721
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Lets see...

I have that lovely gold spade... ... 

Probably gonna pay off CU card in a few weeks.. Thinking of taking out the secured share loan... Family member offered to assist..

Still thinking I can do better than the Discover and Citi offers...

-J

Message 625 of 1,721
mcf
Contributor

No more credit cards ever!!! Wheres my seedling.. 

Starting Score:567Walmart TU 701, Credit Sesame 722, credit secure 701 credit karma 694Last Score: 689 TU/Walmart CK 645 Goal Score:800 CLUB
Last HP:2/2015 Util:9% CL:82KTake the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 626 of 1,721
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Hey everyone.

Kinda disappointed in my accounting exam grade but that's why I'm going to study harder for the next two and possibly be on this site a bit less. 

Nothing else I really want credit card wise right now.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 627 of 1,721
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

Hey everyone.

Kinda disappointed in my accounting exam grade but that's why I'm going to study harder for the next two and possibly be on this site a bit less. 

What if there was a Klondike card?

And your rewards came in the form of vouchers for 6 packs of Klondike bars.

1 pack per $100 spent.

Smiley Wink

Message 628 of 1,721
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@chalupaman wrote:

Hey everyone.

What if there was a Klondike card?

And your rewards came in the form of vouchers for 6 packs of Klondike bars.

1 pack per $100 spent.

Smiley Wink

I don't wanna get fat now. Lol. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 629 of 1,721
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sugar free?

Message 630 of 1,721
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.