Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Thread - February 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Thread - February 2015

tonyjones we're forbidden from talking about applying in here but feel free to create a new post about it Smiley Happy

Morning all!
Message 1561 of 1,721
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tonyjones wrote:

It's been seven months since my last app, should I just get out of the garden to app for the Discover?

It's up to you.

But there's no app talk here. Smiley Tongue

Message 1562 of 1,721
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@tonyjones wrote:

It's been seven months since my last app, should I just get out of the garden to app for the Discover?

It's up to you.

But there's no app talk here. Smiley Tongue

ah okay sorry lol

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 1563 of 1,721
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

Good morning peeps! Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1564 of 1,721
BootStraps
Established Contributor

Good Afternoon Gardeners! Smiley Happy

All is well in my corner of the world and I'm happy to be able to pop in to greet everyone!

Starting Score: All Under 590 (8/2011)
Current Score: Ex: 676 Eq: 681 Tu: 683
Goal Score: Ex: 725 Eq: 725 Tu: 725

Back in the Garden 4/22/16 Smiley Happy
Message 1565 of 1,721
olivegirl
Regular Contributor

Good afternoon everyone,

Joining! Gardening until 01-01-2016-thanks for the invite!

Message 1566 of 1,721
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Itdoesnt have to be awesome but at least someone who is aware of her credit situation would be ideal Smiley Wink

Morning GCrs!

Okay I need to chime in. I've always thought I had great credit, because I paid all my bills on time, paid more than minimum payment and always got approved when I finally decided to apply.  I could walk on car lots and walk out with a new car. But I had no idea of my score and always felt a little anxious before my FNBO card started providing my FICO score. I would get my annual report; sometimes, but since I didn't know how the information translated that was that.

I'd hazard a guess that most people are like me, they may think they know about their credit, but they aren't sure & are anxious. When I researched to discover what credit score I needed to get the best house interest rates is when I started playing the credit and utilization game.  Before that, I thought overall utilization counted and didn't realize it was also per card. Add to that, I had no idea that over 30% was a bad thing.

Now Discover & FNBO give me my score & I opened a DCU account to get my EQ score.  I feel better and I'm knowledgeable about my credit situation, but prior to the free scores, most of us were in the dark.  

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Message 1567 of 1,721
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@bdhu2001 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Itdoesnt have to be awesome but at least someone who is aware of her credit situation would be ideal Smiley Wink

Morning GCrs!

Okay I need to chime in. I've always thought I had great credit, because I paid all my bills on time, paid more than minimum payment and always got approved when I finally decided to apply.  I could walk on car lots and walk out with a new car. But I had no idea of my score and always felt a little anxious before my FNBO card started providing my FICO score. I would get my annual report; sometimes, but since I didn't know how the information translated that was that.

I'd hazard a guess that most people are like me, they may think they know about their credit, but they aren't sure & are anxious. When I researched to discover what credit score I needed to get the best house interest rates is when I started playing the credit and utilization game.  Before that, I thought overall utilization counted and didn't realize it was also per card. Add to that, I had no idea that over 30% was a bad thing.

Now Discover & FNBO give me my score & I opened a DCU account to get my EQ score.  I feel better and I'm knowledgeable about my credit situation, but prior to the free scores, most of us were in the dark.  

It's always nice to know Smiley Happy

Message 1568 of 1,721
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@olivegirl wrote:

Good afternoon everyone,

Joining! Gardening until 01-01-2016-thanks for the invite!

Welcome to the garden! Feel free to check out the first post in the GC to read all about gardening. If you would like a seedling or spade added to your signature, just let us know.

Message 1569 of 1,721
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Good morning, GC! Just checking in for the day.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 1570 of 1,721
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.