Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Thread - February 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Thread - February 2015

Is it acceptable to talk in here about a goal card and the gardening it would take to get to it?
Message 1571 of 1,721
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Is it acceptable to talk in here about a goal card and the gardening it would take to get to it?

Hi,

The discussion of applying/goal cards should be done on our Credit Card Forum.  

'Now, if you happen to leave the garden prematurely, that’s your decision and we respect that. You are always welcome to come back, pick up your gardening tools and start over again. But please, celebrate any approvals and the discussion of which credit card to app for on another thread. While we are happy with members’ success stories, we really do want to keep this thread’s focus and tone to be consistent with gardening efforts. You are certainly welcome to celebrate soft CLIs on this thread, though, as they do not involve inqs or apps for new credit
.'

Message 1572 of 1,721
starry1
Valued Contributor

So today I got my credit steps increase on my QS1 and I'm none too pleased about it.  When I'm hearing about posters getting multi thousand dollar bumps, I got a lousy $250, from $500>$750.  I fired off an email to good ol' Dick this morning and we will see how it turns out.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 1573 of 1,721
Anonymous
Not applicable

@starry1 wrote:

So today I got my credit steps increase on my QS1 and I'm none too pleased about it.  When I'm hearing about posters getting multi thousand dollar bumps, I got a lousy $250, from $500>$750.  I fired off an email to good ol' Dick this morning and we will see how it turns out.

Well that kinda blows Smiley Indifferent But I suppose that was the expected increase they had on file for you. Good luck with the EO! If you use the card heavily they should be able to help you

Message 1574 of 1,721
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

Hello GCers!!!!   Hope your day is going great.....it is SNOWING AGAIN here   it's becoming a regular thing!!  LOL  Well today I did what I like to call the anti-app!!  I lowered the CL on one of my Citi AA cards. Frankly I think they gave me way too much credit, so I called and had it lowered.....it felt good actually.  I will have to change my signature again to change the CL number, maybe this will become a trend with me!!  Enjoy all!

Message 1575 of 1,721
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checking in...better late than never Smiley Wink

Message 1576 of 1,721
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

Hello GCers!!!!   Hope your day is going great.....it is SNOWING AGAIN here   it's becoming a regular thing!!  LOL  Well today I did what I like to call the anti-app!!  I lowered the CL on one of my Citi AA cards. Frankly I think they gave me way too much credit, so I called and had it lowered.....it felt good actually.  I will have to change my signature again to change the CL number, maybe this will become a trend with me!!  Enjoy all!

You do have a heck of a lot of cards. Smiley Happy

Signature needs updating
Message 1577 of 1,721
onstar
Established Contributor

I am here to admit failure and a promise to try harder.

I fell for the SCT. I rationalized that it was a SP so it was okay. Damn damn damn. But I closed my Lowe's card. I hadn't used it in 18 months and didn't foresee myself using it anytime soon, and my sock drawer is getting rather full. BTW, for future reference, closing a card does not reset the clock for gardening, right?

Anyway, I will do my best to NOT submit any apps or get new cards or request a CLI or do anything that will cause a HP for at least six months.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 1578 of 1,721
bdhu2001
Valued Contributor

Morning maties argh.  I be Silver Today!!!!!

What can I say.  I missed it for my initial post and realized after I reviewed my post in another thread.  For some reason th 28th was on my mind, probably because that's when I pulled my EQ Bureau report.

Original Mortgage maturity Sept 2044; Refi maturity Dec 2030
Starting Score: EX 751 EQ 720 TU 737 on 4/9/14
Current Score: EX 849 EQ 835 TU 843
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1579 of 1,721
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

You do have a heck of a lot of cards. Smiley Happy

LOL I know don't hate me for it!!  LOL I am a sucker for any card that gets me travel status OR my wife wants..............unlike me she hates CC's and will not get them, so I get them and she uses them...

Message 1580 of 1,721
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.