Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Thread - February 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Thread - February 2015

Closing an account wouldn't reset you, only getting a new one.
Message 1581 of 1,721
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@odd_dog wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

Hello GCers!!!!   Hope your day is going great.....it is SNOWING AGAIN here   it's becoming a regular thing!!  LOL  Well today I did what I like to call the anti-app!!  I lowered the CL on one of my Citi AA cards. Frankly I think they gave me way too much credit, so I called and had it lowered.....it felt good actually.  I will have to change my signature again to change the CL number, maybe this will become a trend with me!!  Enjoy all!

You do have a heck of a lot of cards. Smiley Happy

LOL I know don't hate me for it!!  LOL I am a sucker for any card that gets me travel status OR my wife wants..............unlike me she hates CC's and will not get them, so I get them and she uses them...

Convenient arrangement? Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 1582 of 1,721
StrawberryIce
Regular Contributor

@1GaDawg85 wrote:

i was so close to requesting a CLI on one of my Navy cards but backed out because it could be a HP and I'm trying to get them under control

Same for me but I am resisting until I close on a house.

Discharged BK7 2013.
NFCU Flagship 16000, NFCU NRewards 16000, NFCU LOC 15000, QuikSilver 1250, JCrew 5050, Pottery Barn 8170, Walmart 3500, Amazon 3500, Lowes 5000, Kays 4000, PayPal 2000, QVC 2000, Sams Club 5000, Evine 1000, CareCredit 1100, Best Buy Visa 500, HHGregg 1500, Banana Republic 300

Message 1583 of 1,721
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@odd_dog wrote:

Hello GCers!!!!   Hope your day is going great.....it is SNOWING AGAIN here   it's becoming a regular thing!!  LOL  Well today I did what I like to call the anti-app!!  I lowered the CL on one of my Citi AA cards. Frankly I think they gave me way too much credit, so I called and had it lowered.....it felt good actually.  I will have to change my signature again to change the CL number, maybe this will become a trend with me!!  Enjoy all!

You do have a heck of a lot of cards. Smiley Happy

LOL I know don't hate me for it!!  LOL I am a sucker for any card that gets me travel status OR my wife wants..............unlike me she hates CC's and will not get them, so I get them and she uses them...

Convenient arrangement? Smiley Wink

FOR HER!!!!!    LOL

Message 1584 of 1,721
starry1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@starry1 wrote:

So today I got my credit steps increase on my QS1 and I'm none too pleased about it.  When I'm hearing about posters getting multi thousand dollar bumps, I got a lousy $250, from $500>$750.  I fired off an email to good ol' Dick this morning and we will see how it turns out.

Well that kinda blows Smiley Indifferent But I suppose that was the expected increase they had on file for you. Good luck with the EO! If you use the card heavily they should be able to help you

I wouldn't call it heavy use, but it's gotten some mileage and my current balance is -$9.01, so hopefully that helps.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 1585 of 1,721
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Good afternoon GC have had a frustrating day trying to deal with usps, apparently they can't email me anything.

While buying some vitamin c pills at target I chuckled to myself irl. This lady bought two hundred dollars worth of children's clothing and used a debit card to pay for it. All those points wasted I was thinking to myself lol

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 1586 of 1,721
kjel
Established Contributor

Stopping by to check in and see how everyone is doing.

Still living in the land of tundra (aka NJ) and ready for some 40-50 degree weather. Might have to break out the shorts then!

As promised when I received my federal tax refund, I duly transferred it to my brokerage account to help fund 2015's IRA contribution and added a bit more. Only $1K to go in order to hit the maximum contribution for the year. Yeah baby!

Other than that, being good and putting the household on a budget diet. Checked out a preschool program for my little one this morning for fall enrollment. She liked it and we did too plus it's affordable. She can attend the school all the way to 8th grade which is awesome since our public school system  is the worst in the state. Thankfully the deal that we got on our house enables us to easily afford the tuition without it being a burden. People ask why we didn't buy in a better district but that would have cost two or three times more than what private school tuition costs if we stayed in the immediate area or we'd be facing an hour commute.

Oh the choice we have to make!

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 1587 of 1,721
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:
Good afternoon GC have had a frustrating day trying to deal with usps, apparently they can't email me anything.

While buying some vitamin c pills at target I chuckled to myself irl. This lady bought two hundred dollars worth of children's clothing and used a debit card to pay for it. All those points wasted I was thinking to myself lol

There are consumers that don't frequent the my fico forums. Smiley Wink

Why didn't you educate her? (Joking).

Signature needs updating
Message 1588 of 1,721
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your response! I had no idea that I was to new to get that feature. It makes sense. Sadly I must leave the garden since I got a secured CC with open sky but I will be back in March and I think i'm done and will began gardening my tulips, rosesSmiley Happy

Message 1589 of 1,721
onstar
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Closing an account wouldn't reset you, only getting a new one.

Thanks!

@mongstradamus wrote:

I "yell" at my friends whenever I see them use cash at places that take credit cards. Like yesterday evening. My friend and I went to Subway, and he paid for his sub with cash. I almost offered to take his cash and put it on my 2% CB card, but his sub cost $4.36 and he only had a $20, and I didn't want to deal with making change, so I just "let" him pay for his sub with cash.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 1590 of 1,721
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.