Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Thread - February 2015

tag
PandiferBear
Frequent Contributor

Re: Garden Thread - February 2015

Hi everyone. Checking in for the month of February. Excited to get my very first gold spade on the 17th. I don't have much CC debt, but what I do have will mostly be knocked out at some point this month, so I am looking forward to seeing what happens with my scores after the dust settles. Might have to sign DH up for the 3B monitoring to see how his change, too. Hope everyone is having a great Superbowl Sunday.

EX 793 (06/29/16) TU 787 (07/03/16) EQ 711 (06/30/16) Goal: 780 across the board
Amex Everyday: $25,000 | Venture: $15,000 | Chase Hyatt: $12,000 | Discover IT: $11,700 | Barclay Ring $7,500 | Quicksilver: $7,750 | CareCredit: $5,000 | Amazon Synch: $5,000
Message 71 of 1,721
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Had a nice plate of fresh cornbread smothered with my lady's Southern Chili and a Grolsch to get the evening moving.

Put the plate to the sink, slid the laptop onto the table and said 'it's time'. She looked at me with those pretty green eyes, thru her hands up and said "American Express?".

Yep, logged in, went thru the updates and at 64 days got the 2k to 6k approval screen. She put her hand out and I gently laid the clear plastic in her hand as she will be going for a little shopping spree tomorrow. Smiley Sad

She said come on, we have things to do to get ready for about 10 guests for the game tonight. Nope, not yet says I. Have to inform the GC and change my 'hover' in my signature. She gives my ear lobe a flick and says fine, here's another beer and that she would get started.

This gardening is rough

You poor soul, how do you manage? :-)

Message 72 of 1,721
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-NewGuy- wrote:

You poor soul, how do you manage? :-)

Yeah, rough huh?

Just got two phone calls that the guests for tonites game have cancelled as we are expecting the majority of our 8 to 12" of snow between now and midnight EST.

So, the lady is putting things back in the fridge and plans on 'shopping' online during the game. It just never ends around here. Smiley Embarassed

Message 73 of 1,721
Anonymous
Not applicable

Neither rain nor snow nor sleet will stop the shop. Smiley Tongue
Message 74 of 1,721
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Checking in for the month!  Hello to all the old timers and welcome to the new GC members.

Almost fell out of the GC while in Best Buy yesterday when I was offered the 5% discount at the register for the application but the wife was with me--had to turn down the 5% discount and utilize one of my reward zone codes where they robbed me.  Ten percent code turned into three percent lol

Lexie09 THANK YOU for clarifying the GC rules for how to move up to the next GC tool earned.  I often noticed some hard pulls being mentioned as late or mid month but noticed members updating to the next tool on the list on the first of the month.  I thought I was somehow cheating myself lol

Big welcome to Binkie as her sister requested.  Welcome to the forum and the GC!  Enjoy the community and the wealth of information.

Dave Ramsey!! Really??  The man who tries to charge people $5k for a COACH in his Financial University as you're trying to PAY OFF DEBT LOL  Don't get me wrong, he has some really good financial points but of course it's all in the sales pitch of what you could have learned from research.  YES, you don't need a FICO when you can get rich off of those in debt and create a sure source of residual income...but that's just my personal opinion.  Although, I have contributed by purchasing a couple of his books that were in a fire sale during a bookstore closing! LOL  It's like Suze Orman saying you can't take a vacation because you can't afford it...you work until you're in a position to afford it, have a heart attack, die and someone else spends your hard earned retirement lol  All in moderation.  Penny saved, penny earned.  

@sunkissed wrote:

I had a similar experience.  Back in 2012, I responded to an invitation from USAA for their American Express card.  They were offering a 0% period, like 12 or 14 months.  I was so excited to get an invitation (my first in many years) and I trusted USAA because I am a veteran and they’re supposed to be looking out for us.  I’m a PIF type of gal, so I didn’t take advantage of the 0% offer right away.  In spring of 2013, I needed a little extra time to pay, so I let a balance ride.  Wham!  I’m hit with interest.  What?!?!  I called USAA to straighten it out, but they had no record of my 0% deal.  And unfortunately, neither did I.  I searched high and low, but didn’t save any of my initial offer details.  Expensive lesson learned.

Ironically, I have not used that card in many months (since August to be exact).  I toyed with the idea of throwing a change on it to keep it alive.  But my profile has evolved significantly since I got the card and I simply do not care if they close it for inactivity.

Side note…after my experience, I read through the reviews of this particular card on USAA’s website and discovered that I was not the only person they’ve done this to.

Life goes on...

Sunkissed USAA can be AWESOME but when they are bad they are really horrible!  I learned real quick to keep all correspondence with them, record any phone conversations and always pay on time!  It's funny, they will say they are recording the conversation for quality control but when you state you are also recording the conversation for record they will discontinue the call LOL  

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 75 of 1,721
MYCherie
Regular Contributor

Just wanted to say hi all.  It has been a long time and my Credit Report shows... I am back in the garden where I should have stayed....Smiley Happy

Starting: 563 | Current: 646 | Goal: 750.
Garden 09/24/2013

Message 76 of 1,721
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Good evening guys.

Been feeling drowsy and tired yet again. Had an incident at Sams Club today where my Barclaycard Arrival and discover kept getting declined and I forgot my membership card at home too. It was pretty embarassing and I was so mad and annoyed by it all. Other people who were trying to use their cards there had the same problem.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 77 of 1,721
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

Ugh, damn you amex, why you tempting me so much with the "Enhanced" PRG!! :/

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 78 of 1,721
BUN
Established Contributor

These are my goals for February to hold myself accountable:

1. Lower utilization to single digit

2. Keep racking up zero balances (see #1)

3. Prune DH's cards

4. Lower APR's on our cards further

5. SP CLI's for all cards

6. Figure out when I am due for 180 day CLI on Amex. It's @ 18K now, only want 20 or 25K max

7. Finish Suze Orman "Women and Money" book

8. All scores above 700 by the end of this month!!!!!Smiley Happy

9. Silver spade on the 22nd!!!!

There are cards on my wish list, but they can only be obtained at the SL and APR that I want by gardening for the alloted amount of time. When May 10th comes there will be much mirth and merriment! Last baddie falls of EQ and EX!!! Kids, whateveer you do, DON't be late with your payments EVER!!!

Starting Score : 575 May, 2013
Current Scores: EQ 716 6 INQ TU 745 4 INQ EX 726 3 INQ Last INQ December 2015, In the GC until Jan 2017.
Message 79 of 1,721
BUN
Established Contributor

@enxinas wrote:

Ugh, damn you amex, why you tempting me so much with the "Enhanced" PRG!! :/

"Throwing Benadryl pellets at your head"Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score : 575 May, 2013
Current Scores: EQ 716 6 INQ TU 745 4 INQ EX 726 3 INQ Last INQ December 2015, In the GC until Jan 2017.
Message 80 of 1,721
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.