Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Thread - March 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Thread - March 2015

Oh yeah... today's March. Smiley Happy

*waves at fellow gardeners* Hello, hello!

Message 111 of 1,318
kjel
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Zero desire to app. Waiting on PC availability with Discover and preoccupied with travel plans. Smiley Happy Cap Cana, Dominican Republic in October and Thailand, Scotland, Indonesia, Australia, Italy, Egypt, Germany, Scotland, or India for February. Smiley Tongue Clearly I need to narrow down the second vacation choice but I have time!

Can't believe it's March already! Mother Nature celebrated by giving 4" of snow with a side of freezing rain. I am so over the winter. No apps for me for the rest of 2015!

We have a lot of travel planned this year too....

My 21 year old spent Chinese New Year in Bangkok and is in Kuala Lumpur for the next week, then off to China for 3 weeks.

She and I will be going to Seattle in April for the American Planning Association's national conference, it will be great to see old friends while there.

The whole family will be leaving in May for a transatlantic cruise to Barcelona with stops in the Azores, Cartagena, and Mallorca. We are planning to stay a few extra days in Barcelona.

My partner and preschooler will be going to the Dominican Republic in mid-June for a month to help get some work done on the family's estate. I will fly down for a long 4th of July weekend and bring them home.

August brings a road trip to Montreal to the Osheaga Arts & Music Festival for me and my 21 year old. Yeah, I'm still cool enough to hang for a 3 day music festival Smiley Happy

Trying to figure out if we want to spend Thanksgiving or Christmas in the Dominican Republic.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 112 of 1,318
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@kjel wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Zero desire to app. Waiting on PC availability with Discover and preoccupied with travel plans. Smiley Happy Cap Cana, Dominican Republic in October and Thailand, Scotland, Indonesia, Australia, Italy, Egypt, Germany, Scotland, or India for February. Smiley Tongue Clearly I need to narrow down the second vacation choice but I have time!

Can't believe it's March already! Mother Nature celebrated by giving 4" of snow with a side of freezing rain. I am so over the winter. No apps for me for the rest of 2015!

We have a lot of travel planned this year too....

My 21 year old spent Chinese New Year in Bangkok and is in Kuala Lumpur for the next week, then off to China for 3 weeks.

She and I will be going to Seattle in April for the American Planning Association's national conference, it will be great to see old friends while there.

The whole family will be leaving in May for a transatlantic cruise to Barcelona with stops in the Azores, Cartagena, and Mallorca. We are planning to stay a few extra days in Barcelona.

My partner and preschooler will be going to the Dominican Republic in mid-June for a month to help get some work done on the family's estate. I will fly down for a long 4th of July weekend and bring them home.

August brings a road trip to Montreal to the Osheaga Arts & Music Festival for me and my 21 year old. Yeah, I'm still cool enough to hang for a 3 day music festival Smiley Happy

Trying to figure out if we want to spend Thanksgiving or Christmas in the Dominican Republic.

Wow, just wow.  Can't leave the kitties alone that long myself. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 113 of 1,318
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Gardeners,

I can't believe it's taken me 12 pages before I make my first post for the March Garden thread!   This is slated to be a big credit month for me!    Last month, I had success with TU's early exclusion of my CO and a CLI from JCP!   This will hopefully come in handy, as I plan on moving sometime this month and will need some furniture.   But here's what I have planned for March:

1. Periodically check Citi DC to see if SP CLI becomes an option (card is now over 6 months old)

2. 3/3 - Request CLI on QS1.   

3. Contact Cap One EO.   If my CLI request isn't successful, I will request manual review.    I have my AF coming up on QS1 and I'd like that waived.   If my CL on QS1 goes over $5K, I will request to PC to QS (and should hopefully wind up automatically getting the WMC)

4. 3/8 - Request CLI on Overstock

5. 3/11 - Call EX to request early exclusion of CO (was told this date was earliest they could remove)

6. 3/19 - Request CLI on Sony Card; will also contact EO if unsuccessful to request manual review.   If CL goes over $5K, will request Visa Siggy

7. 3/20 - Request CLI on Gold Violin (since I plan on closing VS at the 24 month mark, I'm not sure I see a point in requesting more credit).

So yep...there's a lot to do to keep me busy.   My plan is to Garden until at least October or later, when my BK will fall off all CRs.   If I have to get a refigerator for my new place, I may need to leave the Garden if none of my current products provides a good financing option.   Hopefully, what I have will fit the bill.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 114 of 1,318
Anonymous
Not applicable

Turning the corner on this winter, I hope. Finally got a high temp above freezing yesterday.

A couple of weeks back I received an email from LightStream(Suntrust) that they were going to start reporting to all three CB's shortly. Was kind of bummed because that was a 22k TL for a work van has been off the books since I took out the loan in Sept. of '14. Anyways, they reported over the weekend and the alerts started flooding the in box from all the monitors I have.

TU and EQ took a little hit while EX went up. Lost my green circle on TU. Smiley Mad

Anyways, I'm sure it's nothing the rest of the year of gardening can't handle.

All the Best

Message 115 of 1,318
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Checking in for March. Still in it for the forseeable future, as I PC'd my CSP to the Freedom instead of waiting/applying for it and getting a nice sign on bonus.

Decided to check my scores finally as it has been 5-7 months since I last checked. My EX has jumped from about 700 to 787 while the other two are still hovering at/around 700. I attribute this to my last derogetory mark falling off my EX report last month, while it will be gone from the other two this month or next.

I'd like to think that 2+ years of gardening has also had an influence, so stick with it ladies and gentleman.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 116 of 1,318
StrawberryIce
Regular Contributor

Checking in for March.  I should have a very nice jump this month (nail biting).

Discharged BK7 2013.
NFCU Flagship 16000, NFCU NRewards 16000, NFCU LOC 15000, QuikSilver 1250, JCrew 5050, Pottery Barn 8170, Walmart 3500, Amazon 3500, Lowes 5000, Kays 4000, PayPal 2000, QVC 2000, Sams Club 5000, Evine 1000, CareCredit 1100, Best Buy Visa 500, HHGregg 1500, Banana Republic 300

Message 117 of 1,318
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning, everybody! Nothing helps cure that itch like getting a Credit One offer for a $1000 limit in the mail. 

Message 118 of 1,318
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

Hello GC! I have more credit than I ever thought possible. I have been in the garden for 10 days an plan to stay until I purchase a house. I ended 2014 and began 2015 with a bang. Got amazing CLI's and my dream cards. I will be looking at which cards I need to put on the chopping block which will likely be my Cap QS1 and some store cards. I'm ever grateful for this forum and what it's done for my credit. Smiley Happy

NFCU cash $25k | BofA Custom Cash $25k | Amex BCP $18k| Costco Anywhere $14.5k | Apple Card $5.25k | Cap One QS $4.5k | Sephora Visa $4k | Discover It $3.5k | Citi DC $3.5k | Citi AA Mile Up $3.1k | Chase Amazon $3k | Amex ED $3k | Chase IHG $3k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $2.5k | Chase Freedom $2.5k | Citi Rewards $2k | Last HP 8/16/22
Starting score 09/2013: 530 Current FICO 8:
Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 119 of 1,318
Anonymous
Not applicable

Believe it or not, we already found a house we, almost certainly, want to put an offer in on (doesn't hurt that I've been watching online listings like a hawk for the last six months). Since it's kind of app talk, I'm only going to say "Wheee!" and post more on my Mortgage Process thread on that board.

Message 120 of 1,318
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.