Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Thread - March 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Thread - March 2015

Exactly! lol Thank you ClixT Smiley Wink Nixon you of all people shouldnt be dropping dimes on anyone. This is the same guy who tried to justify putting my tattoos on a business card! Not crazy enough to go there

btw I called Amex before making those purchases so HA Smiley Tongue
Message 171 of 1,318
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Exactly! lol Thank you ClixT Smiley Wink Nixon you of all people shouldnt be dropping dimes on anyone. This is the same guy who tried to justify putting my tattoos on a business card! Not crazy enough to go there

Lol Smiley Happy

Message 172 of 1,318
Firefly_1984
Regular Contributor

Okay, it's official, I am STAYING in the garden.  No Discover It for me for awhile... I need to let the Everyday and Freedom grow for 6 months. I think. if my scores remain steady down the road, I'll likely still get offers.  Tough decision, but it will pay off in the long run.  Smiley Happy

Age of Credit: 7 years; AAOA: 2 years 6 months
AMEX ED: $9600 Chase Freedom 4500 Discover It 4500 Citi Diamond Preferred: 3200 Care Credit: 3100 DeltaCCU: 6000 Firestone: 1600

Chained in the garden for a LONG TIME!
Message 173 of 1,318
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Hi Gardeners,

I can't believe it's taken me 12 pages before I make my first post for the March Garden thread!   This is slated to be a big credit month for me!    Last month, I had success with TU's early exclusion of my CO and a CLI from JCP!   This will hopefully come in handy, as I plan on moving sometime this month and will need some furniture.   But here's what I have planned for March:

1. Periodically check Citi DC to see if SP CLI becomes an option (card is now over 6 months old)

2. 3/3 - Request CLI on QS1.   

3. Contact Cap One EO.   If my CLI request isn't successful, I will request manual review.    I have my AF coming up on QS1 and I'd like that waived.   If my CL on QS1 goes over $5K, I will request to PC to QS (and should hopefully wind up automatically getting the WMC)

4. 3/6 - Request CLI on Overstock

5. 3/11 - Call EX to request early exclusion of CO (was told this date was earliest they could remove)

6. 3/19 - Request CLI on Sony Card; will also contact EO if unsuccessful to request manual review.   If CL goes over $5K, will request Visa Siggy

7. 3/20 - Request CLI on Gold Violin (since I plan on closing VS at the 24 month mark, I'm not sure I see a point in requesting more credit).

8. 3/23 - Collect Silver Spade!

So yep...there's a lot to do to keep me busy.   My plan is to Garden until at least October or later, when my BK will fall off all CRs.   If I have to get a refigerator for my new place, I may need to leave the Garden if none of my current products provides a good financing option.   Hopefully, what I have will fit the bill.  

Since I only received a $750 CLI on the QS1, I called the EO to request a manual review CLI and requested $10K.   I also asked about waiving the AF.   They said that I didn't have an offer to waive the AF, but I was eligible to PC to the QS.   I told the EO that I would call back regarding the PC next week, once I find out the results of the manual CLI review request.   Hopefully all goes well!

Good luck.  Are you hoping for something special on your TE transition?

Do you mean the Costco TE?   I think when AMEX is done with Costco, I'll be done with Costco; the Sam's Club MC is looking better and better to me.   Besides, I'm not really happy with Citi.   My Double Cash card has a low CL and a high APR (once promo is over).  I will very likely close the card once the promo period is done.  My only other thought would be to keep the DC open and reallocate the CL from whatever Costco has next.   However, I heard Citi likes to HP to do that.   Seems like a waste to me.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 174 of 1,318
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Ghoshida wrote:

Checking in the garden for March.

Will get back the bronze spade this week.

In credit news, Chase gave a nice surprise today morning: CSP limit up by 2k, from 6.7k to 8.7k. 

How long have had card?  Heavy use?

The card was issued in late Oct 2014.

About $11k spent through it as of today. On a CL of 6.7k, so I'd say heavy use by my standards.

Ah, thanks.  Gonna wait on my Amazon then, spend switching over to SimplyCash until bonus reached. 

I've had some luck with Chase in the first 6 months of holding a card, nothing much after that.

Message 175 of 1,318
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Excited that I actually got to fully utilize the 3x Amex CLI today.. 5k to 15k on my Everyday card! Woot woot! Smiley Happy I've never gotten the 3xCLI before, so it's refreshing that I did today.

Message 176 of 1,318
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Kenny wrote:

Excited that I actually got to fully utilize the 3x Amex CLI today.. 5k to 15k on my Everyday card! Woot woot! Smiley Happy I've never gotten the 3xCLI before, so it's refreshing that I did today.

Woohoo!

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 177 of 1,318
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Needed a different type of intervention earlier. Went to Macy's and nearly lost my mind! Which is odd bc I usually don't care much for clothes shopping. SimplyCash got put to work Smiley Very Happy
Hope everyone had a great day

That doesn't sound like a business purchase.

*Calls AMEX* Smiley LOL

Clothes, shoes,m luggage and hair for semi business trips are indeed legitimate expenses. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 178 of 1,318
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You did?  Why?

Signature needs updating
Message 179 of 1,318
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Firefly_1984 wrote:

Okay, it's official, I am STAYING in the garden.  No Discover It for me for awhile... I need to let the Everyday and Freedom grow for 6 months. I think. if my scores remain steady down the road, I'll likely still get offers.  Tough decision, but it will pay off in the long run.  Smiley Happy

Following the same path.  Want two other personal cards, and one business.  But those are wants.  I don't need.  And I need to learn my lessons from unplanned apping, don't apply until you need (or at least almost all, if not all, inquiries have dropped off).  Since I am a frugal spend gal, I really have enough credit to successfully garden two years, even with knocking out rebuilder card (next week Smiley Happy).

Signature needs updating
Message 180 of 1,318
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.