Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Thread - March 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Thread - March 2015

I'm stressed.

I made a lot of bad choices credit-wise previously. I had about 10 collections in almost every single CRA from 2009. They will all come off (hopefully) around the summer of 2016. Our Ch 7 BK was discharged Aug 2011. However, we need to move this summer, our rent is outrageously high and my wife will be homeschooling our children starting in the fall. I spent Feb. fixing things, adding credit, paying util down to 5% etc. In Feb. I went from having 1 bankcard with a $2k limit to now having $2700 CLs on 2 bankcards and $500 CL between 2 storecards as well. I have bumped my scores 15-40 points across the board last month and joined the GC at the end of the month. I need to stay here till June/July and have a lender pull mortgage scores to see if I can hit the 640 mark. When I pulled my mortgage scores here a couple weeks ago, I had a 587 EQ mortgage and 590 fico 8 (fico 8 has rose 14 points since)..... and my EX was at 656 (with a fico 8 of 617 and its dropped 13 points due to adding a credit line in Feb as well as a collection from 2009 JUST being reported for the first time now). 

I'm at a loss. If I garden intently (using <10% util, only one balance reporting on one card, paying everything as I should) for the next 4 months, can I get my scores up to the 640 mark? I feel so defeated right now as there is nothing more I can do except wait. It is even possible to accomplish? My EX mortgage score will be above 640, but who knows where my TU will sit. I'm wondering if there is a good chance, little chance or no chance that I will hit that 640 mark on TU mortgage with the gardening by June/July. 

I need some experienced gardeners to help me learn Smiley Happy

Message 301 of 1,318
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Hi Gardeners,

I can't believe it's taken me 12 pages before I make my first post for the March Garden thread!   This is slated to be a big credit month for me!    Last month, I had success with TU's early exclusion of my CO and a CLI from JCP!   This will hopefully come in handy, as I plan on moving sometime this month and will need some furniture.   But here's what I have planned for March:

1. Periodically check Citi DC to see if SP CLI becomes an option (card is now over 6 months old)

2. 3/3 - Request CLI on QS1.   

3. Contact Cap One EO.   If my CLI request isn't successful, I will request manual review.    I have my AF coming up on QS1 and I'd like that waived.   If my CL on QS1 goes over $5K, I will request to PC to QS (and should hopefully wind up automatically getting the WMC)

4. 3/6 - Request CLI on Overstock

5. 3/11 - Call EX to request early exclusion of CO (was told this date was earliest they could remove)

6. 3/19 - Request CLI on Sony Card; will also contact EO if unsuccessful to request manual review.   If CL goes over $5K, will request Visa Siggy

7. 3/20 - Request CLI on Gold Violin (since I plan on closing VS at the 24 month mark, I'm not sure I see a point in requesting more credit).

8. 3/23 - Collect Silver Spade!

So yep...there's a lot to do to keep me busy.   My plan is to Garden until at least October or later, when my BK will fall off all CRs.   If I have to get a refigerator for my new place, I may need to leave the Garden if none of my current products provides a good financing option.   Hopefully, what I have will fit the bill.  

Checking in for today.   I've been checking Citi to see if the SP CLI option pops up.   No luck yet.   Will try Overstock for CLI tomorrow, since last CLI was on 2/6.  

Other than that, been busy looking for a new place.   Finding an affordable, decent one-bedroom place in SoCal isn't easy.  Wish me luck!   I need it.  

Sunrise............Congrats on your MOD rank Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 302 of 1,318
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

paid off lots of cards, out of 52k aval credit, only using 8k, and 2k of that is 0% at best buy for a washer/dryer i had to buy and my iphone(talk about instant gratification) 

called citizens, and pc'd my rewards to their new card. that earns 1.5% on all purchases(compared to 1%) and there is no ftf since its a world mc, so if you have a citizens card, look into it Smiley Happy 

called citi about pc to double cash, but i have to wait until 3/16 when my 0% promo expires. oh well, i can wait. 

and im about to buy my tickets to go on vacation. san diego for 4 days at the end of the month Smiley Happy 

happy gardening everyone!

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 303 of 1,318
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@SunriseEarth wrote:

Hi Gardeners,

I can't believe it's taken me 12 pages before I make my first post for the March Garden thread!   This is slated to be a big credit month for me!    Last month, I had success with TU's early exclusion of my CO and a CLI from JCP!   This will hopefully come in handy, as I plan on moving sometime this month and will need some furniture.   But here's what I have planned for March:

1. Periodically check Citi DC to see if SP CLI becomes an option (card is now over 6 months old)

2. 3/3 - Request CLI on QS1.   

3. Contact Cap One EO.   If my CLI request isn't successful, I will request manual review.    I have my AF coming up on QS1 and I'd like that waived.   If my CL on QS1 goes over $5K, I will request to PC to QS (and should hopefully wind up automatically getting the WMC)

4. 3/6 - Request CLI on Overstock

5. 3/11 - Call EX to request early exclusion of CO (was told this date was earliest they could remove)

6. 3/19 - Request CLI on Sony Card; will also contact EO if unsuccessful to request manual review.   If CL goes over $5K, will request Visa Siggy

7. 3/20 - Request CLI on Gold Violin (since I plan on closing VS at the 24 month mark, I'm not sure I see a point in requesting more credit).

8. 3/23 - Collect Silver Spade!

So yep...there's a lot to do to keep me busy.   My plan is to Garden until at least October or later, when my BK will fall off all CRs.   If I have to get a refigerator for my new place, I may need to leave the Garden if none of my current products provides a good financing option.   Hopefully, what I have will fit the bill.  

Checking in for today.   I've been checking Citi to see if the SP CLI option pops up.   No luck yet.   Will try Overstock for CLI tomorrow, since last CLI was on 2/6.  

Other than that, been busy looking for a new place.   Finding an affordable, decent one-bedroom place in SoCal isn't easy.  Wish me luck!   I need it.  

Sunrise............Congrats on your MOD rank Smiley Happy

I am officially annoyed with the weather here in the Northeast looking at using some avios miles to fly to Puerto  rico for an little get away. 10,000 miles one way isn't terrible. deal i should have transferred some MR over in January :-(

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 304 of 1,318
uswala
Senior Contributor

Checking in for March.

Message 305 of 1,318
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

501 post! Awe yeah hahaha

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 306 of 1,318
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

Smiley Embarassed   Hi everyone, I am sorry to say my first day of gardening will have to be reset to today! (Thank goodness I was only on day 5 right?)  I was playing around on Capital One prequal tool and for the first time I had prequals for Venture, Quicksilver, and Platinum Prestige..after much thought and seeking tons of advice , I took the plunge..and that is all I will say about that.  So now I am firmly in the garden for at least the remainder of the year...I have learned my lesson and won't stray out again, lol.

Starting Scores 2/13/15: EQ 635 EX 674 TU 684 ////7/16/15 Scores: EQ 661 EX 669 TU 703 //// 2/15/16 Scores EQ 652 EX 647 TU 756 //// 3/24/16 Scores: EQ 661 EX 649 TU 773 //// EQ 670 EX 653 TU 768 (EQ And EX still tainted)
Goal Scores: 760 across the board
Message 307 of 1,318
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebucketing sucks. :p

Starting to see the effect of new accounts after my most recent rebucketing.

711 to 702 when my two newest CC's showed up on my TU. I don't even wanna see what EQ will do when they show up there.

Message 308 of 1,318
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Rebucketing sucks. :p

ugh Nixon...Me either!... Im in a severely dirty bucket...BK/paid state tax lien/22 defogs from BK showing... My scores won't drop near as bad, because the same number of positive trade lines reporting to counteract...but Ive noticed a few point difference in mine already, and a few acts haven't reported yet either. Im soo gardening!!!!
Message 309 of 1,318
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Re: Rebucketing sucks. :p

Gardening is as addicting as app'ing!

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 310 of 1,318
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.