Did you mean: 

Garden Thread - March 2015

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Thread - March 2015

@Anonymous wrote:

Happy Saturday, GC!

I went to Old Navy with my little one and had to fight off the register lady. She was offering 25% off my total order if I opened an Old Navy CC and this offer doesn't come around every day. It's not even available tomorrow.

I told her I was in the garden, thank you. Quizzical look and all. Smiley Very Happy

I love this lol Good for you!

Message 1231 of 1,318
macuserftw
Regular Contributor

I hate that whenever I go shopping, I always get the sales pitch for that stores credit card. Some of them I actually go for like Old Navy or Kohl's, but I must stay strong and remain in the garden! I'm glad there's a monthly GC thread, it really helps and it's cool to know that we have a little support group going!

Smiley Happy

Meanwhile, I'll be spending a LOT of time outside today. I'm in Florida and we're getting a little break from the 85-90 degree weather we've been having. It's currently 68 outside with a constant breeze. It's perfect!

Message 1232 of 1,318
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

Happy Saturday everyone!  It's beautiful but crisp here in NC today!

Have to change my garden date to beginning 3/21....sad story of yet another AMEX denial sigh.  (I JUST HAD to try for a charge card since my first denial was a revolver) .  I take that as a sign from the Universe that straying from the garden is not such a good idea for me and that I may never get an Amex! (gotta let it go,lol)   I also had a charge off from 2009 go from charge off open to charge off closed and it tanked my EQ and EX scores over 20 pts each.  SOOO not feeling very upbeat lately...but I am still hopeful that my scores will rebound once I prove myself worthy with my new accounts.  My goal is to get to the one card reporting within the next month and then re-evaluate my situation in Nov/Dec when my my inquiries will reduce substantially , the majority of my newer accounts will be over a year old, add in some successful early exclusions (fingers crossed), and hopefully my score will have at least recouperated  if not be a bit higher than it was before this loss.  IF it's still not looking good after all of that , I will wait until March when all of my new accounts and inquiries will be more than 12 months old and hope beyond hope that will finally do the trick!  That's my plan and I'm sticking to it.

Starting Scores 2/13/15: EQ 635 EX 674 TU 684 ////7/16/15 Scores: EQ 661 EX 669 TU 703 //// 2/15/16 Scores EQ 652 EX 647 TU 756 //// 3/24/16 Scores: EQ 661 EX 649 TU 773 //// EQ 670 EX 653 TU 768 (EQ And EX still tainted)
Goal Scores: 760 across the board
Message 1233 of 1,318
windyhair
Valued Member

also in nc and a little chilly today, so no actual gardening- boo. was both successful and not when applying for new cards within the last week. many approved (csp, discover it, sallie mae, venture, overstock, paypal credit); all amex, chase amazon, and citi typ denied. increased my revolving credit from under $15k to over $50k plus added a car loan approval for $30k (although am now rethinking a new car at all). i have a paid judgment falling off in july and am thinking about buying this rental house i'm living in next year. i'm extremely pleased and must be satisfied with what i have (and i truly am). i know that patience is important, but it's hard. 

from oldest to newest (current limits): CapOne Platinum $1.5//CapOne QS $5.3//Merrick $2.9//USAA Rate Advantage $7//Paypal Credit $2.5//Overstock $5.8//CSP $8//Sallie Mae WMC $4//CapOne Venture $15//Discover It $1.5//USAir $2.5//USAA Rewards $7//Chase Marriott $5//Amazon Prime $5//Nordstrom $2.5//Macy's $600//Belk $600
Message 1234 of 1,318
kjel
Established Contributor

It's cold in NJ as well. I can't wait to start planting flowers and veggies. I gave my daughter her mail today, there was a Barclays preapproval for her and she said no way is she paying that kind of interest and that she'd stick with her NFCU cash rewards card. She might app for a CSP since she does travel a fair amount but she's waiting for her util to drop. Smart kid...at least the lessons have sunk in.

Scored a pretty awesome deal at my fave clothing store today. Their card is issued by Comenity but the rewards are pretty good, they sent me a $40 off coupon no minimum purchase required. They also had a BOGO sale and I had a $50 off $150 coupon. About $300 worth of clothes for $117.

I recently applied for an MBA program but asked for a GMAT/GRE test waiver since I have a grad degree and 10 years work experience. Got the news today that the waiver was approved. So fingers crossed that I get admitted.
Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 1235 of 1,318
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello to everyone! I am mew to MyFico, and new to the forums (although I have been sneaky and have been reviewing responses via the web for a long time! Smiley Wink)

I started trying to work on repairing my credit... ok I started thinking about it in January of this year and then decided to take some action. At the time, I already had a store card with Lane Bryant in 2013 and opened an account with Jessica London  in 2014 (yet another Comenity account). I have also opened accounts with the Capital One (Platinum and Quicksilver One) as well as an Overstock account. I wanted to open up some accounts to have some positive reporting and realized that I  needed more than just store cards to do so. (I also have an auto loan but wanted an actual credit card). 

So after some more reading and researching, I realized I needed to send myself to the garden asap. So, here I am, seeds planted, watering can in hand. I started out with a credit line of $150 with LB in November of 2013, realized about 4 months ago that I could hit the luv button every so often and just hit it again today bringing me to $750.00.

I've learned so much reading these forums without being a member. Really looking forward to learning, contributing and growing my accounts!

Message 1236 of 1,318
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello to everyone! I am mew to MyFico, and new to the forums (although I have been sneaky and have been reviewing responses via the web for a long time! Smiley Wink)

I started trying to work on repairing my credit... ok I started thinking about it in January of this year and then decided to take some action. At the time, I already had a store card with Lane Bryant in 2013 and opened an account with Jessica London  in 2014 (yet another Comenity account). I have also opened accounts with the Capital One (Platinum and Quicksilver One) as well as an Overstock account. I wanted to open up some accounts to have some positive reporting and realized that I  needed more than just store cards to do so. (I also have an auto loan but wanted an actual credit card). 

So after some more reading and researching, I realized I needed to send myself to the garden asap. So, here I am, seeds planted, watering can in hand. I started out with a credit line of $150 with LB in November of 2013, realized about 4 months ago that I could hit the luv button every so often and just hit it again today bringing me to $750.00.

I've learned so much reading these forums without being a member. Really looking forward to learning, contributing and growing my accounts!

Welcome to the forums.

And good morning/afternoon all.  Guess everyone excited about the travel promos.  Must keep self in garden.

Signature needs updating
Message 1237 of 1,318
BT90138016
Contributor

Afternoon all......ITS FRIDAY FOR ME!!! I'm cooking my work meal and reviewing my card acounts. Whats everyone up to?

Message 1238 of 1,318
Anonymous
Not applicable

Morning everyone! Not quite ready to get out of bed yet so having a lazy Sunday in Cali Smiley Very Happy Nothing new to report...playing the waiting game til tomorrow. Or maybe Wednesday
Message 1239 of 1,318
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Morning everyone! Not quite ready to get out of bed yet so having a lazy Sunday in Cali Smiley Very Happy Nothing new to report...playing the waiting game til tomorrow. Or maybe Wednesday

You have an arrival tomorrow.  Why stress?  Just call tomorrow. Smiley Tongue

Signature needs updating
Message 1240 of 1,318
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.