tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Garden Thread - March 2015

@I-think-I-can wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@I-think-I-can wrote:

Hi all,

I am new to the Garden Thread and super excited to be here.  Thanks to the great information in the forums, I was able to add some "non-rebuilder" credit cards to my wallet after many years of being too unsure to even try. Now comes the fun, and possibly most difficult (lol) part of sitting back and watching things grow into something special.  I am hopeful about what my credit future may hold.  I hope to garden until at least October of this year so that some inquiries can fall off AND my new credit lines can hit the 6-9 month marks. Fingers crossed!

Good line up you have, welcome to the garden.

Don't be afraid to weed!  Store cards and rebuilders with fees can now be let go, especially when they reach one year of age.  The benefits of a lean but great line up far outweighs numerous cards that need to be maintained. IMHO.

Thank you for the warm welcome! I must admit I am a bit nervous about "weeding".  Hopefully as time passes I will feel more secure in closing my rebuilders and most of my store cards.  I am so thankful that they were there to give me the credit history I needed in order to move to the next level, but I do understand the importance of closing the low-limit, non-growing, or mind-boggling high interest rate stragglers.  My strategy is to let my last holiday's insanely low limit store cards reach one year of age as you suggested and then close them.   My Merrick and Credit One credit cards I hope to close before the annual fees roll around again. I am sincerely hoping that the NFCU, Discover, and the Capital One Quicksilver One will grow with good behavior. 

Very good plan.  I am closing my first rebuilder this month, Legacy Visa, after the twelfth statement hits.  Could wait an extra month, but they need to go.

Signature needs updating
Message 51 of 1,318
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

so just off the phone with BoA and my Bass Pro card is now closed. Better rewards elsewhere, even when I buy stuff at Bass Pro.....will have to update sig soon.....feels good thinning the herd a bit!

Message 52 of 1,318
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@BUN wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm still clean. Waiting for my 1 month chip on 3/11.

Keep coming back, it works if you work it!!!Smiley Very Happy Glad you are still areound Nix!

LOL, for the credit addicts?  App a non?

Signature needs updating
Message 53 of 1,318
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@I-think-I-can wrote:

@Congrasunkissed wrote:

Welcome to March GC!

I don’t have any grand credit plans for this month.  I start a new job tomorrow, so I’m excited about that.  I plan to garden until I need to step out – and honestly I have nothing I need to step out for.

Congrats on the new job! Smiley Happy  

Thanks a bunch, I-think-I-can! Smiley Happy

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 54 of 1,318
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Hello garden club family, checking in for March

No desire for any new accounts

Stay strong!!

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 55 of 1,318
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I am really amazed it is March already.

I'm excited as this means I have completed two entire months of gardening, Jan and Feb. I can certainly make it to my goal!

No real interest in anything right now except Discover Miles which is new so it is not going anywhere

Message 56 of 1,318
Anonymous
Not applicable

Checking in for March. I'm staying strong and watching my scores grow. FICO EQ went up to 676 this morning!

Message 57 of 1,318
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

@Ckdm31091 wrote:

I am really amazed it is March already.

I'm excited as this means I have completed two entire months of gardening, Jan and Feb. I can certainly make it to my goal!

No real interest in anything right now except Discover Miles which is new so it is not going anywhere

Congrats on the successful gardening! The Discover Miles also has me interested...perhaps the end of the year or beginning of next for me after a good bit of gardening Smiley Happy

Starting Scores 2/13/15: EQ 635 EX 674 TU 684 ////7/16/15 Scores: EQ 661 EX 669 TU 703 //// 2/15/16 Scores EQ 652 EX 647 TU 756 //// 3/24/16 Scores: EQ 661 EX 649 TU 773 //// EQ 670 EX 653 TU 768 (EQ And EX still tainted)
Goal Scores: 760 across the board
Message 58 of 1,318
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello March! Nine days to silver unless my mortgage TL pops up before then. I'm still working on paying down my debt. Updates to my journey to zero are still being posted. The link to the thread is in my siggy. I'm staying in the garden until util is below 30%, maybe longer.
Message 59 of 1,318
shoo
Frequent Contributor

Palladium! Smiley Very Happy 

3 months till I take a brief step out of the garden to introduce myself to Amex Smiley Wink

$4200$1000$2650$53,000$6500$2500$12,500$7000$7000$34,700$12,100$10,000
EX - 790 | TU - 782 | EQ - ?
--- In the garden since April 2019 ---
Message 60 of 1,318
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.