Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden Time!! FINALLY!

tag
kshew97
Valued Member

Garden Time!! FINALLY!

I began my journey in December 2010, after getting a loan modification. Once my loan got this "flag" attached to it, I started getting bounced from lender to lender (8 in 5 months). My credit was in the tank due to some shady reporting practiced by BoA. and I wasn't able to refinance so I had to take whatever the new servicer offered and like it.

After lurking on here for many months, I was finally able to clean up some baddies, and got my scores up to a point where re-fi MAY be an option. Since I had been making my payments on time every month, the subprime servicer I ended up with (who does NOT report to the CRA's) wanted me off of their books. They flat out TOLD me, there business is to foreclose and/or short sales, that is where they make their money, and they didnt want me on their books for another 20 years! Since my scores were still marginal (mid to low 600's), I told them I would need some time unless they were willing to do some sort of principal reduction, and I would in effect be doing a "short refi". Long story short, I refinanced my home in November 2011, now have $30,000 equity in my home that I was underwater in, and a new mortgage and rate I not only can afford, but am paying down with an extra principal payment each and every month!!!!

Fast forward to today......

Since then, FAKO's in the low 700's, FICO's in the high 600's / low 700's, new car loan at 1.9%, Barclays Rewards $2500, Discover $1000, and just today joined NFCU and was approved for their Platinum for $25,000! I have a couple of store cards which helped re-establish after I fell behind on my mortgage back in 2006, but they are all under $500. With my new NFCU card, my util is at an astonishing 2.3%, and even though I took a hit (2 inquiries) by joining, I expect the end results will be worth it!

Time to retire my cards to the sock drawer, watch the INQ's fall off, scores go up, and relax after a LONG journey! Thanks to each and every one of you for your guidance throughout this process. I know I have not really contributed to any of the threads, just know your advice is appreciated and IT WORKS !!! Amazing how the stress level falls, when in the back of your mind you know you are finally out of that deep dark hole!

THANK YOU!   THANK YOU!  THANK YOU!

Starting Score: 577
Current Score: 742
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Garden Time!! FINALLY!

You have been greatly blessed!  CONGRATULATIONS on a successful journey!!! Smiley Happy 

Message 2 of 10
NikJ4
Established Contributor

Ok, you have brought a tear to my eye.....Congrats to you!

I hope to have my credit score in your zone later this year

Message 3 of 10
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Awesome news!!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excellent ... looks like you know what to do.
1.9 interest on auto is good and you made money repackaging your mortgage.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a terrific story.  Congratulations to you!

WOW...$25K??  Had I gotten a limit like that I would have fainted.  LOL!!

Message 6 of 10
dharalex
Established Contributor

That is absolutely fantastic news! You should be so proud of yourself. Sit down, and I will treat you to a large glass of sweet tea in the garden! LOL

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 7 of 10
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@dharalex wrote:
That is absolutely fantastic news! You should be so proud of yourself. Sit down, and I will treat you to a large glass of sweet tea in the garden! LOL

Heck, come on over to the garden and I'll buy you the drink of your choice! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 8 of 10
dharalex
Established Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@dharalex wrote:

Heck, come on over to the garden and I'll buy you the drink of your choice! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just being polite...I will take a mint julep!

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Message 9 of 10
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@dharalex wrote:

@tinuviel wrote:

@dharalex wrote:

I was just being polite...I will take a mint julep!

Happy to oblige... here you go! Enjoy! Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.