Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden time? Maybe...

tag
SPreb
Regular Contributor

Garden time? Maybe...

First off thanks to everyone on this board. I have been getting a lot of helpful good info.

Some background... Had a few baddies 5-8 years ago. I graduated and got a job. A few collections and a CO. Paid them all off. Got tired of it and closed all accounts. Should have prbly kept one of the good ones open. But oh well. Laid low from 2006 till last oct. I kept getting mail offers from Cap 1 and other lower tier ones. Finally apped and got a Cap1 platinum with a CL of 500. I pif most of the time for 6 months. Got auto CLI to 2k on my 6th statement. All but one baddies have dropped off. Couple of weeks ago my EQ was at 681 and TU 670. Asked for CLI and was denied because last one was less than 6 months. After browsing these forums, I figured I would app for a few cards. Tried Chase Mileageplus explorer. I am a united freq flier. I keep getting offers. Got the 7-10 day message. Then apped for Citi. Instant decline. Prbly shouldn't have apped coz CO was with them. Then I apped for the Barclaycard arrivals. 7-10 day.
Called the back door number for both and got approved!!! 2k on chase and 2.5k on Barclay!!!

Both of them said the util was high. Cap 1 hasn't reported in 2 months. If I had read a little bit more I would have waited till they posted this month and apped with lower util. But I am not complaining.

Time to garden and wait for possible CLIs by keeping util low. Thanks again

Starting Score: 620 Current Score: 709 Goal Score: 720
Gardening from 9/28/2013. Target: March 2014
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Garden time? Maybe...

@SPreb wrote:
First off thanks to everyone on this board. I have been getting a lot of helpful good info.

Some background... Had a few baddies 5-8 years ago. I graduated and got a job. A few collections and a CO. Paid them all off. Got tired of it and closed all accounts. Should have prbly kept one of the good ones open. But oh well. Laid low from 2006 till last oct. I kept getting mail offers from Cap 1 and other lower tier ones. Finally apped and got a Cap1 platinum with a CL of 500. I pif most of the time for 6 months. Got auto CLI to 2k on my 6th statement. All but one baddies have dropped off. Couple of weeks ago my EQ was at 681 and TU 670. Asked for CLI and was denied because last one was less than 6 months. After browsing these forums, I figured I would app for a few cards. Tried Chase Mileageplus explorer. I am a united freq flier. I keep getting offers. Got the 7-10 day message. Then apped for Citi. Instant decline. Prbly shouldn't have apped coz CO was with them. Then I apped for the Barclaycard arrivals. 7-10 day.
Called the back door number for both and got approved!!! 2k on chase and 2.5k on Barclay!!!

Both of them said the util was high. Cap 1 hasn't reported in 2 months. If I had read a little bit more I would have waited till they posted this month and apped with lower util. But I am not complaining.

Time to garden and wait for possible CLIs by keeping util low. Thanks again

Congrats  

Due to the fact you had to recon both it's time to hit the garden and raise those seedlings to full trees

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 14
SPreb
Regular Contributor

I am sorry I don't understand how the recons make the difference? Can u pls explain? Thanks

Message 3 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@SPreb wrote:
I am sorry I don't understand how the recons make the difference? Can u pls explain? Thanks

It was not an instant approval...Thus you recon which probably means....

Borderline approval...Denial...ID verification

In most cases its a overturned denial by way of recon

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 4 of 14
SPreb
Regular Contributor

ok thanks. The barclay posted and I got a 6 point bump on EQ. Probably because of overall util going down? 

To the garden, keeping util low. hopefully i am on the right track. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@SPreb wrote:

ok thanks. The barclay posted and I got a 6 point bump on EQ. Probably because of overall util going down? 

To the garden, keeping util low. hopefully i am on the right track. Smiley Happy

You are on the right track for sure

Keep it going

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 14
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats and see you in the garden Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 14
SPreb
Regular Contributor

Thanks guys! Plan to stay put in the garden 😊
I had another question though. I am an AU on account that has about 70% util. How much does that affect my score and possibility of auto CLI? If its bad, can I take myself off as a user. Is that bad?

Message 8 of 14
gardening
New Visitor

i cannot wait to start "gardening".. But until then, thank you for all the wonderful information!

Start Dec 2012: EQ 559
Current EQ: 622
Goal: GARDENING 700+
Message 9 of 14
SPreb
Regular Contributor

Second that. Definitely a lot of good info on this board.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.