Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Garden?

tag
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Re: Garden?

I've also been reading fingerhut is pretty generous with the CLI, so that should help get bumps in score when he gets a CLI right?
Message 11 of 27
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Credit one will approve you. Again; you may be cutting it close with the house.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@cwwatts1202 wrote:
I've also been reading fingerhut is pretty generous with the CLI, so that should help get bumps in score when he gets a CLI right?

It's possible. FH gives good CLI's if you run a good bit of money through them and its kinda wastewful to spend like that with them.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 27
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

If you say he's at 612 now I believe, in my opinion once the second secure reports with a low utility that should be an increase within itself. This is base on my experience.
CURRENT SCORES: EX Fico (Amex) 730, TU Fico 745, EQ Fico 717

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 14 of 27
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Score is not based on credit limits.... to my knowledge It is based on keeping balances low.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 15 of 27
TwinGirls19
Regular Contributor

I agree with hopper. My secure was only 400 bucks and reporting as a secure at that. Utility and paying on time is what counts.
CURRENT SCORES: EX Fico (Amex) 730, TU Fico 745, EQ Fico 717

CURRENT CARDS: Amex Green NPSL, Amex BCE 2K, Chase Sapphire 5K, Citi Thankyou Preferred 3.5K, Discover It 1.7K, Walmart Discover 1.6K, Capital One Platinum 1.5K

Message 16 of 27
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
Score is not based on credit limits.... to my knowledge It is based on keeping balances low.

Yup.

However I think that 2nd Bankcard (CreditOne) will bring a nice boost to get you to 2 bankcards and a store card. Should be very close in November to 640.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 27
myjourney
Super Contributor

If your just set on getting another TL then try the shopping cart trick but only apply for what you will use anyway....Good luck, best wishes and may all your dreams come trueSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 18 of 27
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Only reason I minded the CLI I'd because when he gets a SW alert one of the reasons listed is because of a possible CLI so I just thought it helped the score. Is credit one a secured? And I find a couple $10 items I wouldn't mind purchasing with the fingerhut to keep it active and util low. His AAoA is 6 years I think... I'm scared of the score drop with these two new accounts!! I got his score up 101 points in less than a month, don't wanna lose any! Lol
Message 19 of 27
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

Minchined not minded!! Stupid phone!
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.