Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gardening Help Please: BoA Travel Platinum, AMEX BCE, Walmart Disc

tag
delf
Established Member

Gardening Help Please: BoA Travel Platinum, AMEX BCE, Walmart Disc

Hello MyFico Forumers,

I have been a good boy and managed to get my scores close to 800 following your advices.

My Bank of America Travel Rewards Platinum currently sits at $4900 CL.  It is my oldest AAoA revolver.

I would like to raise the limit without changing products or opening a new account.  I won't seek out  mortgages or any new credit lines for another 2 years from now.

I bumped all three of my lines of credit up July 5, 2013.  All accounts are paid in full every month with less than a couple hundred dollars reporting.

Should I hit the luv button on Bank Of America's site, or call the backdoor number, or just avoid the hardpull and let the other softpull cards grow?

Thank you,

del

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ptilda
Established Contributor

Re: Gardening Help Please: BoA Travel Platinum, AMEX BCE, Walmart Disc

Call the number and ask them to do a SP. The worst they can say is "no." Then decide from there if it's worth the HP.

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 2 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@delf wrote:

Hello MyFico Forumers,

I have been a good boy and managed to get my scores close to 800 following your advices.

My Bank of America Travel Rewards Platinum currently sits at $4900 CL.  It is my oldest AAoA revolver.

I would like to raise the limit without changing products or opening a new account.  I won't seek out  mortgages or any new credit lines for another 2 years from now.

I bumped all three of my lines of credit up July 5, 2013.  All accounts are paid in full every month with less than a couple hundred dollars reporting.

Should I hit the luv button on Bank Of America's site, or call the backdoor number, or just avoid the hardpull and let the other softpull cards grow?

Thank you,

del

You can always ask them for a CLI, and if you're not pre-qualified via SP, it will definitely be HP - this decision rests ultimately up to you.  Are putting a lot of use on the card though?

Message 3 of 5
delf
Established Member

Thank you for your replies.  That is good thinking to ask for SP instead of the "unknown" Luv button.  I have charged multiple two week hotel bills to this card and do regular insurance and gym payments.  It is not my daily card, because it is my most important one not to have closed if defrauded.

I will call and ask for a SP.  Then I will bump up AMEX and WM Discover with their soft pulls.

You all rock!

Message 4 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@delf wrote:

Thank you for your replies.  That is good thinking to ask for SP instead of the "unknown" Luv button.  I have charged multiple two week hotel bills to this card and do regular insurance and gym payments.  It is not my daily card, because it is my most important one not to have closed if defrauded.

I will call and ask for a SP.  Then I will bump up AMEX and WM Discover with their soft pulls.

You all rock!

Just keep in mind, if they don't offer the SP option (i.e. account not elegible) then be prepared for HP.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.