Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gardening Tips, Please!

tag
FrugalRican
Blogger

Re: Gardening Tips, Please!

No joke, but stay clear from "Such-and-such APPROVED!!!" threads before you are absolutely sure that you are ready to apply for a specific card.

I will only go into threads with that if I'm sure it's a card I won't be applying for or it's just general curiousity.

But a lot of people will see others get credit approved with credit situations VAGUELY similar to theirs and it gives them the itch.

Hours later, they post about how they got denied or a low CL, something that could have been remedied simply by waiting (more than likely) and taking the time proper to investigate/research the card to see if it's something that fits their portfolio and works for them.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 11 of 14
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

No joke, but stay clear from "Such-and-such APPROVED!!!" threads before you are absolutely sure that you are ready to apply for a specific card.

I will only go into threads with that if I'm sure it's a card I won't be applying for or it's just general curiousity.

But a lot of people will see others get credit approved with credit situations VAGUELY similar to theirs and it gives them the itch.

Hours later, they post about how they got denied or a low CL, something that could have been remedied simply by waiting (more than likely) and taking the time proper to investigate/research the card to see if it's something that fits their portfolio and works for them.

You must avoid NCFU threads like the plague, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 14
Adalen
Frequent Contributor

Oh yeah, don't go into my NFCU thread and you'll be just fine. Smiley Very Happy 

Message 13 of 14
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

Find other stuff to concentrate on aside from the next app or CLI, LOL!

CLI's are part of gardening your garden isn't doing well if all you have is seedlings that you don't want to grow... 

on the other hand CLI's that require a HP is not part of gardening... 

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.