cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gardening.. but question about cards.

tag
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

Re: Should I get another American Express card within the next year?

I have their Blue point card. I'm thinking either their BCE card or Citi's Thank You Preferred. 

Message 11 of 20
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

I have their Blue point card. I'm thinking either their BCE card or Citi's Thank You Preferred. 

BCE since you won't take a hp if denied and Citi's points are terrible!

Message 12 of 20
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

BCE since you won't take a hp if denied and Citi's points are terrible!

See you guys are very helpful/useful Smiley Happy Yes, American Express is quite the catch to me. If the points are not good then that Citi card may not be worth the HP. 

Message 13 of 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

OP,

I merged your threads together because they were similiar in nature. In the future, to avoid confusion - please refrain from posting similar or duplicative threads. 

Thank you~ Lexie, myFICO Moderator. 

Message 14 of 20
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

How long should I wait before applying for BCE? In all honesty.

Message 15 of 20
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Re: Gardening.. but question about cards.

@killer_queen229 wrote:

Would it be worth the HP if I waited until around the Fall time to try with TD Bank again.. or should I try getting BCE with American Express or Citi's  ThankYou® Preferred. I really want another Amex card. 

Tread lightly...asking about how to app when you're in the garden alerts MJ and the ERT...lol!!!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 16 of 20
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

I haven't applied for anything in a month and a half. Just wondering when it would be an ideal time to apply for BCE. Amex is already offering me hotel stuff so I'm happy to say that I really prefer Amex over TD Bank.

Message 17 of 20
Jeff007245
Regular Contributor

Why not just product change your Blue (which isn't that great) to a BCE or BCP and save yourself an inquiry. Having more than one Blue card with AMEX is counterproductive since you can only request CLI for one card every six months.

Garden
2/16/14
|*****1/2014 - NPSL*****| *4/2011 6,000 CL* |*11/2011 - 5,000 CL*| *9/2012 - 850 CL* | *1/2014 - 500 CL* |*2/2014 - 6,000 CL*|
Message 18 of 20
Stralem
Established Contributor

@killer_queen229 wrote:

I haven't applied for anything in a month and a half. Just wondering when it would be an ideal time to apply for BCE.

Only you can know when it's time to apply.

Do you need that second Amex?

Do you want it more than anything else?

Do you think your reports are clean enough?

Do you honestly truly want that other card?

Decide for yourself.

Besides, it's just a credit card application, not a marriage proposal. It's not worth fretting over.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 19 of 20
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

@killer_queen229 wrote:

I haven't applied for anything in a month and a half. Just wondering when it would be an ideal time to apply for BCE.

Only you can know when it's time to apply.

Do you need that second Amex?

Do you want it more than anything else?

Do you think your reports are clean enough?

Do you honestly truly want that other card?

Decide for yourself.

Besides, it's just a credit card application, not a marriage proposal. It's not worth fretting over.

I agree, it's not worth fretting over. And yeah I've been wanting it for a bit, and I like the idea of having a points and cash back card with them. Where if I had BCE and kept my Blue I'd have both. I have too many inquiries right now. Will wait till around the Summer and Fall time to apply.. sounds like it would give me a better shot of approval.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.