07-02-2013 07:50 PM
07-02-2013 07:58 PM
07-02-2013 08:29 PM - edited 07-02-2013 08:34 PM
errr... sorry got ahead of myself....
1. I'm with Lexie... start with GE - they are a soft pull and you can do it over the phone and ask for a LOT!! like extreme lot and they will counter... i say like $10k if not $15k.
2. Nordstrom... I would just call and do it over the phone... ask for upgrade, CLI to $10k and APR to Tier 1. take the HP it will be okay.
3. E-mail Capital One Exec. Office - That is also a Soft Pull... tell them you would like your 2 cards converted... 1 to Venture, 1 to quicksilver and you decide before they call rather you will use enough to pay AF for more reward or no AF or just see what they offer with no AF. ask for the limits to be increased to $10k on each and APR's reduced. (they will counter)
4. Ask Discover for CLI via SP... might be worth to take a HP for them though and convert to "it" if you don't have it already and ask them to up to $10k also. they have been known to sometimes come back with just a few hundred or something crazy silly to me... just ask to speak to supervisor and they review...
5. I would ask for increase on Bank of America to $15k. will cost you hp but probably worth it... they will counter if issue.
6. wells and chase are up to you.
07-02-2013 08:55 PM
07-02-2013 08:58 PM
ill private now... give me couple.
07-02-2013 09:45 PM
07-02-2013 11:39 PM
Call Credit Solutions and ask for a CLI. Ask for at least 3x the current CL. -ask for CLI every 4th statement
Call Nordstrom or better go in and ask for a CLI, APR reduction and the upgrade to Signature-ask every 6 mos
Call Discover and ask for CLI , APR reduction- may or may not be a sp -ask every 6 mos
Same with BoA, Chase and WF-ask every 6 mos.
Email Cap 1 and ask for the CLI, APR reduction and if there are AFs ask for them to be waived.
07-03-2013 06:57 AM
I. What I'm concerned about is not knowing how much to request CLI's for on my accounts or what to expect? Some of these lenders I've heard do hard pulls and want to know which creditors would be worth trying above any others?
II. Am I heading towards a good path with my credit so far?
III. Instead of requesting a CLI that will cause a hard pull, should I just apply for new credit?
IV. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated!
My Credit Report: (First card at 18, now I'm 22)
AAoA: 3 years
Scores (Unofficial from Citi Identity):
** - All credit card accounts have been paid off or have balances less than <$100
American Express ZYNC - 2.5 years - Applying for Mercedes Benz Platinum (Rep. on phone said I have an invitation for regular platinum)
Bank of America Cash Rewards** - 2.5 years - $2K limit (Request credit line option available online)
Chase** - 2.5 years - $3,000
Discover** - 2 years - $1,700
Discover** - 2 years - $1,200
Nordstrom** - 4 years - $3,500 (Would love to upgrade to VISA which is automatically raised to $5K)
Wal-Mart** - 2.5 years - $2,500
Wells Fargo** - 2.5 years - $2,200
2 Capital One accounts** - 4 years - $1,500 total
Student Loan - 4 years - $3,500 paid down to $3,000
Personal Loan - $15,000 - 6 months (Loan paid off in 4 years)
If all the credit cards are paid off - how are you at 45% UT? Are you including your installment loans in that?
| EQ 763 |
| Amex BCE 7500 | Marriott Rewards Premier 5500 | Citi Simplicity 4000 | Discover IT 1700 |
myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.>> About myFICO