Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gardening pays

tag
primechicken
Contributor

Gardening pays

Hello,

So I've been in the garden for the last six months letting new accounts and HPs age and staying new HP free. I app-spreed today and want to brag about and share results. Here's the payoff:

Sam's Club CC - Was 3.5k. Called and requested to bring it up to 6k. After a manual review it was denied. But then... I logged in to my acct and hit the luv button. They bumped me up to 8.5k. Not sure how to explain the discrepancy, but I can say that my experience with GE Capital is that the luv button is less hassle and more generous.

Discover IT - Wanted to double it to 2k, but they denied me with no counter.

Applied for Amex Hilton HHonors - approved for 4k.

Desert Schools Credit Union CC (Elan Financial-issued) - Oldest card. From a credit union. And yet, it remains my lowest limit at a measly 500 bucks. I tried the luv button, requested 3k, got the 7-10 letter in the mail response. I'll call em Monday when they're open. I hate this card.

Applied for Sallie Mae World Mastercard - approved for 650 dollars. Hey, it's something. I called and spoke with someone from underwriting but he couldn't raise it at this time, as my AAoA is still pretty young.

Lowe's CC - Went to the store and apped from there. Approved for 3k. Called underwriting right there in the store and got em to double it to 6k. They approved it so quick I got the feeling i could have gone higher, but it's GE so the time will soon come regardless.

Overall, I feel pretty good about it.

Some info:

None of my cards are older than 22 months, just to give you an idea how young my AAoA is. No bankruptcies. One auto loan 11k balance remaining on original 13.5k. Overall utilization around 17-20 percent scattered mostly between Chase, BCE, Cap One and BofA cards.

The information you guys share on this site is golden. Without it I would have had neither the know-how nor the success I had today. Thanks!

And now... back to the garden till April!

I got some cards with some credit limits. Some are better than others.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Gardening pays

Well done! I'm glad to see that it has paid off so well for you.
Message 2 of 7
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Congrats. I'm hoping it'll pay for me too next late Feb. when I app for my next card. After reading about all the approvals here lately, for me trying not to app in the meantime is probably = to giving up cigarettes or gambling-LOL

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 3 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

primechicken can I get you to repeat the title of your thread again ......Wooo Hooo

Yes the garden pays it pays off with big results 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 7
primechicken
Contributor

After I posted this I actually decided to hit the luv button on the Walmart card and was bumped up from 2.5k to 4k. That's over 17k in new credit today. Not bad for a guy whose first credit card was opened in 2012 with a 500-dollar limit.

I got some cards with some credit limits. Some are better than others.
Message 5 of 7
missjae
Established Contributor

Congrats!

Message 6 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@primechicken wrote:

After I posted this I actually decided to hit the luv button on the Walmart card and was bumped up from 2.5k to 4k. That's over 17k in new credit today. Not bad for a guy whose first credit card was opened in 2012 with a 500-dollar limit.

Congrats again

another victory

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.