Reply
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,690
Registered: ‎09-26-2011
0

Gardening sucks.

:smileysad:

 

...still feeling kinda blocked in.

 

I noticed this week that DW and my scores are starting to recover from all of our apps/new accounts at the end of 2013...  Should have all six scores over 700 again by October or so...

 

....IF we don't app...

Current Scores: EX: 615, TU08: 639, EQ: 607. 04/01/2015.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Established Contributor
Posts: 541
Registered: ‎03-21-2012
0

Re: Gardening sucks.

I hear you!

 

I just gardened for 7 (almost 8 months) after a massive app/cli spree. Just did another mini-spree and I probably won't even make 2 months before apping for 2 more cards (May most likely) Luckily it'll just be amex's. So at least it's SP if I don't get approved and will try again in June.

 

And while gardening does suck. I realize that randomly apping too much or 'without a plan' doesn't do me any good. I've been fortunate enough to rebuild my credit (from 480s) and in the recent years have been approved for everything I've apped for. Without properly gardening and having a strategy, it will just be a bunch of wasted HP and sad 'denied' news.

 

Stay garden strong my friend!

7/11/14 EX 764 - EQ 756 - TU 783 -- (myFico) | 02/14/15 TU 797 (Barclay) | 01/10/15 EX 781 (FNBO) | Mouseover for CLs

Valued Contributor
Posts: 12,923
Registered: ‎08-13-2013
0

Re: Gardening sucks.


tcbofade wrote:

:smileysad:

 

...still feeling kinda blocked in.

 

I noticed this week that DW and my scores are starting to recover from all of our apps/new accounts at the end of 2013...  Should have all six scores over 700 again by October or so...

 

....IF we don't app...


Come on now !!! If you want high scores and lower rates that the only way you can get both.

Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (05/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 829 (04/03/2015) EX Fico - 821 ( 05/01/2015 ) ******* Amex - BCP 10 K * Discover - IT 15 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 8.8 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 829 *** EX 821 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 830's Scores ******
New Contributor
Posts: 201
Registered: ‎04-02-2014
0

Re: Gardening sucks.


tcbofade wrote:

:smileysad:

 

...still feeling kinda blocked in.

 

I noticed this week that DW and my scores are starting to recover from all of our apps/new accounts at the end of 2013...  Should have all six scores over 700 again by October or so...

 

....IF we don't app...


The longer you wait the better approval odds, and better terms too.

Started Gardening 4/3/2014

Current Score: (04/2014) EX: 629 I TU: 650 I EQ: 654

In my Wallet:
Barclays NFL: $2000 I VS: $700 I Discover: $1600 I AU: Amex ED $2000
Established Contributor
Posts: 546
Registered: ‎12-28-2012
0

Re: Gardening sucks.

You must stay strong in order to reach your goals.  

My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Discover $10,000, Chase Freedom $5,000, Capital One $3,750, Barclay $8,500 (AU), Jared $10,000, Pottery Barn $8,000, Sam's $10,000, Ashley's Furniture $6,000, Lowe's $7,500 (AU), Express Next $3,360, and Macy's Store Card (Joint Account) $2,000.

Last Application March 25, 2014. Score ranges 700+
Valued Contributor
Posts: 12,923
Registered: ‎08-13-2013
0

Re: Gardening sucks.


Uppingmyscore wrote:

You must stay strong in order to reach your goals.  


+1 you have to stay strong :smileyhappy:

Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (05/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 829 (04/03/2015) EX Fico - 821 ( 05/01/2015 ) ******* Amex - BCP 10 K * Discover - IT 15 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 8.8 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 829 *** EX 821 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 830's Scores ******
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,690
Registered: ‎09-26-2011
0

Re: Gardening sucks.

Oh, I'm plenty strong... I just don't LIKE it.   :smileytongue:

Current Scores: EX: 615, TU08: 639, EQ: 607. 04/01/2015.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 27,022
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Gardening sucks.


vpae wrote:

I hear you!

 

I just gardened for 7 (almost 8 months) after a massive app/cli spree. Just did another mini-spree and I probably won't even make 2 months before apping for 2 more cards (May most likely) Luckily it'll just be amex's. So at least it's SP if I don't get approved and will try again in June.

 

And while gardening does suck. I realize that randomly apping too much or 'without a plan' doesn't do me any good. I've been fortunate enough to rebuild my credit (from 480s) and in the recent years have been approved for everything I've apped for. Without properly gardening and having a strategy, it will just be a bunch of wasted HP and sad 'denied' news.

 

Stay garden strong my friend!


Very well said 

 

And to OP check the front porch before leaving the garden 

+ Chase ink =




Community Leader
Senior Contributor
Posts: 19,916
Registered: ‎12-13-2013
0

Re: Gardening sucks.


myjourney wrote:

vpae wrote:

I hear you!

 

I just gardened for 7 (almost 8 months) after a massive app/cli spree. Just did another mini-spree and I probably won't even make 2 months before apping for 2 more cards (May most likely) Luckily it'll just be amex's. So at least it's SP if I don't get approved and will try again in June.

 

And while gardening does suck. I realize that randomly apping too much or 'without a plan' doesn't do me any good. I've been fortunate enough to rebuild my credit (from 480s) and in the recent years have been approved for everything I've apped for. Without properly gardening and having a strategy, it will just be a bunch of wasted HP and sad 'denied' news.

 

Stay garden strong my friend!


Very well said 

 

And to OP check the front porch before leaving the garden 


LOL, MJ

EX Fico 08 BC 05/15: 792 (+2); EX Fico 04 V2 06/14: 775
EQ Beacon 5.0 12/14 757
TU Fico 8 05/15: 764 (+7)
Established Member
Posts: 83
Registered: ‎02-26-2014
0

Re: Gardening sucks.

I totally understand. I'm forcing myself into the garden for 6 months and it's going to be pretty boring. lol


Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.