Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gardening sure can be tough...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gardening sure can be tough...

Especially when you see all these Venture approvals and CLIs!
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
CraigHwk
Regular Contributor

Re: Gardening sure can be tough...

Only been active here for a month now and I've tried the gardening thing and I too have found it really tough.  I think I am set now for a while, so maybe i"ll make it past a month this time. Smiley Happy

USAA MC ✪ Amex BCP, SPG, Platinum ✪ Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Marriott Rewards, United Explorer ✪ Discover IT ✪ CapOne QS ✪ Fidelity Visa ✪ BarclaysPlatinum Rewards ✪ Citi Double Cash

Starting EX FICO (2010): 513 | Current FICO: EX 759, EQ: 773, TU: 761
Message 2 of 35
luis2k10
Established Member

It's hard but worth it.  Just remember that those great offers will still be there. Patience is key.

Five year plan worked
April 2017 Transunion 829 - Equifax 824 - Experian 819
March 2009 Equifax 552
FICO 8 scores
Message 3 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I haven't been pre-qualified for it, so I need to wait. I'm guessing once I have a year of history with capital one, I'll be pre-qualified for it. I might take the bait then. But then again, the longer you garden the better.
Message 4 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually the venture doesn't entice me much for some reason but I'm really itching to app for IHG and Marriott. I travel quite a bit and the free anniversary night pays for the af, I wouldn't use the cards much though other than stays at those specific properties but the upgraded membership status and rewards night for some reason are just begging me to app lol
Message 5 of 35
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Don't read the website too much. That's all I can tell you. Much easier to go long term if you're not checking this site too often.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 6 of 35
killer_queen229
Established Contributor

I know how you feel! I've been gardening for 7 1/2 months. Most I've done is request a credit increase on Double Cash. CK has made me believe that BOA might finally like me but I'm not going for it. I've been denied at least three times already I believe. I want another Citi card but I'm going to be a good girl.
Message 7 of 35
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

Gardening is hard!  Particularly the first month I think.  My first time I only managed to make it half a month...this time though I will hit the one month mark (3 days from now).  CK has me tempted to try for the Upromise card...I know their suggestions are not known to be overall trustworthy, but it sure is nice to see "very good" next to that card!  I tried for it and was declined in February...and I know I would probably get declined again...but I won't lie and say the temptation doesn't exist.

Starting Scores 2/13/15: EQ 635 EX 674 TU 684 ////7/16/15 Scores: EQ 661 EX 669 TU 703 //// 2/15/16 Scores EQ 652 EX 647 TU 756 //// 3/24/16 Scores: EQ 661 EX 649 TU 773 //// EQ 670 EX 653 TU 768 (EQ And EX still tainted)
Goal Scores: 760 across the board
Message 8 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

Don't read the website too much. That's all I can tell you. Much easier to go long term if you're not checking this site too often.

The site as a whole isn't too bad for me.  The Approvals section is another matter.  Having said that I think I'm going to let things age until about December or January when a major baddie falls off, then see where I'm at.  That would give me time to pay balances down, take care of a few medical collections, and get my score out of 'fair' range. 

Message 9 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I stayed away from the forums and was able to garden for 6 months.  

I wanted 9 months but I came here "just to check" on the new deals ...  and came away with 11 new cards ... and still counting (was only 7 a few days ago).  Damn  Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.