cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gas Credit Card rebate at highest without specific brand?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Gas Credit Card rebate at highest without specific brand?

I have Chevron and I know Pentagon is 5% I believe... Any others besides the Pentagon that come close to those rewards and would not be brand specific like Chevron for across all of US.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Gas Credit Card rebate at highest without specific brand?

@Creditaddict wrote:

I have Chevron and I know Pentagon is 5% I believe... Any others besides the Pentagon that come close to those rewards and would not be brand specific like Chevron for across all of US.

Nope.  Penfed is [b]the[/b] gas card.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Love my new Valero gas card as get .30 cents off per gallon up to one hundred (100) gallons per month for the next three months for special promotion.

Shell and Chevron don't come close to the rebate level on this card. So, if you know anyone interested in apping for a gas card Valero gives best rewards.

Message 3 of 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Love my new Valero gas card as get .30 cents off per gallon up to one hundred (100) gallons per month for the next three months for special promotion.

Shell and Chevron don't come close to the rebate level on this card. So, if you know anyone interested in apping for a gas card Valero gives best rewards.

While I will agree for 90 days no one beats that, even Chevron is only 10 cents with Visa. but after 90 days similar to all the other gas cards from the owning company, not a regular rewards card like Amex Costco that gives you 3%. you rarely get anything on an ongoing basis...

Who is DSRM anyway? Who do they pull? what kind of credit line you get?

and isn't Valero just a west Coast company?

Message 4 of 10
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

While I will agree for 90 days no one beats that, even Chevron is only 10 cents with Visa. but after 90 days similar to all the other gas cards from the owning company, not a regular rewards card like Amex Costco that gives you 3%. you rarely get anything on an ongoing basis...

Valero isn't just out west.  I've seen them in suburban Chicago (Indiana side) and in Texas. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creditaddict wrote:

Hi Creditaddict,

Valero is located in west and midwestern U.S. but I understand they are also in Chicago. DSRM Bank pull Equifax and gave me a $600 credit line which is more than adequate as I always pay in full. Also, CSR told me once you have the gas card you are automatically enrolled in future promotions such as the 30 cents off per gallon for three months as they typically have them twice per year.

Message 6 of 10
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Nope.  Penfed is the gas card.

There's also Fort Knox FCU.

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 10
castlefox
Regular Contributor

Thank you for reminding me about Fort Knox FCU.    Is their gas card any easier to get than PenFeds?

MyFICO score- Equifax - 12.03.11 - 780 Experian 12.03.11 - 763
(FAKO Scores) EXP PLUS Score Dec 2011. 748
Advanced Risk Score 2.0 (NextGen) 793 Dec 2010
Vantage Score (2011) MAR = 771 Jun = 771 Sept= 788 Dec= 773
2012 MAR = 782 JUN=783 Dec = 789
2013 Mar-796 Jun-799 Dec- 797
Message 8 of 10
BobbyJ
Frequent Contributor

Fort Knox FCU Platinum Visa is much easier to get and with the 5% gas reward and 1.25% on everything else this is a great card.  They pulled TU when I was approved for it early last year.  Cash rewards are credit to your account at the end of the statement cycle. Great Card!!!!!!!

Fico 8 Scores: EX: 787 (6/25/21) EQ: 788 (6/12/21) TU: 750 (2/21/21)
Fico 9 Scores: EX: 799 (11/9/20) EQ: 794 (10/13/20)

Ch7 BK Filed on 10/13/2013 - Discharged 1/14/14

Amex Blue Cash Preferred $15K | Amex Gold Card | Citi Costco Visa $7700 | USBank Altitude Go Visa Sig $10K | USBank Cash+ Visa $8K | C1 Savor MC Elite $15K | C1 Venture One $10K | C1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K | C1 Quicksilver WMC $10K | Penfed Plat Rewards Visa $9,500 | Penfed Power Cash Rewards Visa $11K | Discover IT $7500 | USAA Pref Rewards Visa $5K | Penfed Path Visa $10K | Logix FCU Plat MC $12K | SDCCU Plat Visa $2,500 | Best Buy Visa $2K | Chase Amazon Prime Visa Sig $500 | Consumers CU Visa Cash Rebate $5K | PNC Points Visa $2500 | JCPenney $1,800 | Abound CU Plat Visa $5K | Lowes $7K | HSN Card $3K | Walmart MasterCard $2K | Walmart Store Card $2K | Kohls $1K | Target Red Card $800 | QVC Card $800
Message 9 of 10
castlefox
Regular Contributor

BobbyJ  That is some glorious credit news I just read in your post,

Thanks again for replying BobbyJ !!!

MyFICO score- Equifax - 12.03.11 - 780 Experian 12.03.11 - 763
(FAKO Scores) EXP PLUS Score Dec 2011. 748
Advanced Risk Score 2.0 (NextGen) 793 Dec 2010
Vantage Score (2011) MAR = 771 Jun = 771 Sept= 788 Dec= 773
2012 MAR = 782 JUN=783 Dec = 789
2013 Mar-796 Jun-799 Dec- 797
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.