Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gasoline and groceries?

tag
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

Gasoline and groceries?

I only waste about $40 in gasoline maximum per month. Everything is so close to my home. For groceries my dad has worked for SAMs club corporate for many years and always sends me a box of groceries, meat and chicken every week. Even if I tell him to stop he will keep sending me groceries.

My question is what rewards cards are best for any purchases? Only things I purchase are clothing, some restaurants, car insurance, also student loans but I don't think I can use a credit card with it. Also my BMW but in the website it only has an option for account and routing.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MT936
Established Contributor

Re: Gasoline and groceries?

the capital one quicksilver 1.5% on all purchases

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 2 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@MT936 wrote:

Yes, or the Fidelity Amex for 2% if your stores take Amex.  But either of those will be good.

Message 3 of 5
codimom
Frequent Contributor

First, can your dad adopt me Smiley Happy   lol  anyway I never thought I'd say this, but the capone quicksilver is probably the overall best choice with the 1.5% on everything.  
I tend to use 3 cards with specific purchases in mind.... my frontier mastercard for the miles, my discover during the 5% bonus areas and the bce for my every day spending.  I do have a quicksilver... but it was a convert from another card and i have it sock drawered.. and just forget to use it 

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 4 of 5
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@MT936 wrote:

Yes, or the Fidelity Amex for 2% if your stores take Amex.  But either of those will be good.

Yep, these two unless you can find a suitable category to use in US Cash+

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.