Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gave Capital One a taste of their own medicine

tag
studiogeek
Valued Member

Re: Gave Capital One a taste of their own medicine

Would someone please PM me the Cap 1 EO phone number?

Thank You,

SG

Aug 2012 TU/EQ/EX 500's (zero positive credit, one 6 year old CO for $1100) Rebuild->Cap 1 secured $200->TU 610 EQ/EX 640, Shell $500 (cli) $750, Macy's $500, Bloomie's $500 ->(cli $1.2K), Victorias' Secret $750->(cli 1K) (level 2 moves) NFCU Visa Signature $15K/$20K, USAA $4K, Amex Blue $9K/$37K, Amex Costco $10.5K Penfed Visa $2.5K, OCCU Beaver $20K, Amex SP Gold(no limit), Chase PRG 26K ~ MyFico TU775 EQ789 EX766 / $0-$200,000 CL in just 18 months.
Message 41 of 56
TheConductor
Established Contributor

@studiogeek wrote:

Would someone please PM me the Cap 1 EO phone number?

Thank You,

SG

This is the moment in an improv-comedy show when the director would raise their arm and do a slow karate chop while saying "Aaaaaaaand.....SCENE!"

Smiley LOL

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 42 of 56
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

@blunderer wrote:

@lajntx - I'm curious about something and want to ask a few hypothetical questions.

1) If you should ever take your car to the repair shop and after paying noticed the repairs were not don't correctly but the mechanic assures you they were. Do you just tow the car away never asking to speak to the "supervisor/manager"

2) If you should ever call the cable/phone company to come to your house to repair your cable, phone, or Internet connection and after maybe 6 or 7 techs have come out and assured you it is working do you just settle for the no picture, no phone or Internet connection never calling to speak to a supervisor/manager?

3) If your roof is leaking and the roofing company tells you they put a brand new roof on yet, the very next rain shower causes your ceiling to cave in but the roofing crew assures you they put on a new roof so they're not sure why your ceiling caved in. Do you just call another company and pay them to replace the roof again?

What's my point? It would appear that your answer to resolving concerns you may have with a company is to take your business else where. That's your choice but it would seem that should be your approach in every scenario since it appears you believe if the first level of representation can't resolve your issue than the company will no longer have your business. That being the case what's the need for a supervisor/manager?

Having to escalate one's concern to the next level is not specific to Capital One. Contacting Cap One's EO is similar to taking the time to ask for the supervisor or manager when the mechanic says he fixed your car that's still not running or the cable is still out after multiple visits from various techs.

You stated, "Even had the bank president call and tell me that if I ever have a problem no mater how small to call him first."  To me this eludes to the fact that you would be ok with contacting the bank president, "no matter how small"?  And should you choose to take the option to contact the bank president, I doubt it would be considered "gaming" even though he holds a higher position than any of the contacts from Cap One's EO that are handling customer's concerns.  Again, if that's your approach in life so be it.

This is just my take on the situation.  It's not a criticism or judgment.  Just presenting another point of view.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion I guess, I dont ever forsee a need to contact the President of the Bank I deposited all of my former capital one holdings into. I just got back from an overseas vacation. Also just as nice was the new visa card  from the new bank to replace the multiple C-1 accounts that I cancelled. A 20K limit to start isnt bad, It`s 100X`s more than I`ll ever need - or use.

When I went to my local branch and threatened to remove all of my funds from the bank because I wasnt going anywhere with them credit wise -- And the local branch manager tried to intercede on my behalf-- and was told no - While others on this board were getting most everything they wanted through "fake complaining" to the EO was the last straw.

I see your point on your scenarios, but let me ask you this.....

If you had a large amount of money in a bank that refused to do something for you that was well within reason, and they said no to you. But at the same time I knew that by calling an unpublished # to someone working in the back and pretended to be mad that they would give me what I want -- and I was told sure.

Would you try to call that number too? Or would you take your money someplace else that appriciated your business - and gave you better options?

EQ- 647, EX- 641, TU- 644
Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 43 of 56
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:
Moderator please lock this thread as it is causing me severe stomach pains lol.

Just call the EO and tell them you have severe stomach pains and I`m sure they`ll raise your CL-- yet again. Smiley LOL

Sept `13 - ZERO Debt, 100% Liquid, AND a climbing credit score. Eat your heart out Dave Ramsey!
Message 44 of 56
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

I think the comparisons are fair, it's just "Should you be satisfied with first-level support all the time?"

The major problem with interacting with Cap One is  that the first level reps are pretty unempowered, there is very little not totally run-of-the-mill that they are allowed to do.  So people who know, contact the EO to attempt to get these things done.

The gaming here is the same as reconning (I got some angry responses to that observation in the past!)   If you don't think people should contact the EO without excellent reasons, you shouldn't recon without equally good reason: You were told "No" and should accept it.   But the wisdom here is even, "If the first recon goes against you, hang up and try again with a new rep"  

Lol, I read four pages of this, with this same idea in the back of my mind. To the OP, boo hoo. One day your scores may get high enough to apply for a real card. If you apply for a freedom, for example, I believe that you would call a backdoor credit analyst number to recon if they were to deny you. If not, then you aren't the sharpest tool in the shed...But still a tool. If you do call to recon, then according to your philosophy, you are gaming the system because the first person said no. This is such a ridiculous situation... How exactly did you give them a taste of their own medicine? lol. My advice is to take some of those zeros and crooked numbers that you are so proud of and fix your credit so that you can get a real card--one that can grow with you without hurting your feelings. 

My new card with the new bank started at 20K, no AF, and 0% for life-  Not bad for a "bad credit " card that "isnt real" dont you think?

I doubt I`ll ever need that Freedom Card which would require me to call in and recon.

I`m sure your philosophy works for you. As for myself, my philosophy is when you own a lot of the little gold bricks & deposit them in the bank which then ( the bank ) "thinks" it owns them to lend out - and they tell you no.  Sometimes, you just have to remind them who really is the boss.

Dont worry though, I wont miss Capital One, Capital One Credit Card Division probably never knew I had accounts with them, Capital One Bank probably only missed me for a brief moment, and a couple of managers and low level C-1 Execs are probably the only ones really missing something out of this - Their bonus because of missing their deposit quotas for the period.

Message 45 of 56
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@lajntx wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

I think the comparisons are fair, it's just "Should you be satisfied with first-level support all the time?"

The major problem with interacting with Cap One is  that the first level reps are pretty unempowered, there is very little not totally run-of-the-mill that they are allowed to do.  So people who know, contact the EO to attempt to get these things done.

The gaming here is the same as reconning (I got some angry responses to that observation in the past!)   If you don't think people should contact the EO without excellent reasons, you shouldn't recon without equally good reason: You were told "No" and should accept it.   But the wisdom here is even, "If the first recon goes against you, hang up and try again with a new rep"  

Lol, I read four pages of this, with this same idea in the back of my mind. To the OP, boo hoo. One day your scores may get high enough to apply for a real card. If you apply for a freedom, for example, I believe that you would call a backdoor credit analyst number to recon if they were to deny you. If not, then you aren't the sharpest tool in the shed...But still a tool. If you do call to recon, then according to your philosophy, you are gaming the system because the first person said no. This is such a ridiculous situation... How exactly did you give them a taste of their own medicine? lol. My advice is to take some of those zeros and crooked numbers that you are so proud of and fix your credit so that you can get a real card--one that can grow with you without hurting your feelings. 

My new card with the new bank started at 20K, no AF, and 0% for life-  Not bad for a "bad credit " card that "isnt real" dont you think?

I doubt I`ll ever need that Freedom Card which would require me to call in and recon.

I`m sure your philosophy works for you. As for myself, my philosophy is when you own a lot of the little gold bricks & deposit them in the bank which then ( the bank ) "thinks" it owns them to lend out - and they tell you no.  Sometimes, you just have to remind them who really is the boss.

Dont worry though, I wont miss Capital One, Capital One Credit Card Division probably never knew I had accounts with them, Capital One Bank probably only missed me for a brief moment, and a couple of managers and low level C-1 Execs are probably the only ones really missing something out of this - Their bonus because of missing their deposit quotas for the period.

0% for life?

,,,with a 600 credit score?

Not bad at all.  Yay u.

Got a link?

04/01/24 Fico 8: EX 763, EQ 799, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 756 03/13/24, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 46 of 56
lajntx
Frequent Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

0% for life?

,,,with a 600 credit score?

Not bad at all.  Yay u.

Got a link?

I dont think there are any links for that. That was more of the " You move your money into my bank, and I`ll take care of you " kind of deals.

Thats now a 640-ish score btw Smiley Wink

I do plan to call about that though.... I cant find anywhere on the paperwork if that actually applies if I ever carry a balance -- not that I will be.

Message 47 of 56
tcbofade
Super Contributor

Sorry, your credit score went up while I was typing.

"I'll take care of you" deal, eh? 

Good for you.

Message 48 of 56
tcbofade
Super Contributor

@lajntx wrote:

Thanks, but NO THANKS.... me and my money are going somewhere else that doesnt play by 2 sets of rules - and denys that the second one even exists.

Now I'm confused...

Does your new bank offer 20K zero percent for life deals to everyone?

I thought you said it was a "I'll take care of you" type deal.

Message 49 of 56
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

@tcbofade wrote:

@lajntx wrote:

Thanks, but NO THANKS.... me and my money are going somewhere else that doesnt play by 2 sets of rules - and denys that the second one even exists.

Now I'm confused...

Does your new bank offer 20K zero percent for life deals to everyone?

I thought you said it was a "I'll take care of you" type deal.

As someone else said in another post, it's time to call a spade a spade. This guy obviously doesn't know what he's talking about. If he did, he wouldn't make up ridiculous stuff like 0% interest for life cards. As someone with that much money, he'd know better than to do/say a lot of the things that he did on this thread. He'd also know better than to leave it all in a savings-type account where the returns are lower than inflation, thereby leading to a real net loss.

I can't stand people like this IRL. He just sounds like an angry, immature little boy who is whining because he didn't get his way. When you come from real wealth, you learn to spot these people within seconds. Crap like this just digusts me because it's simply pathetic. Chip on his shoulder is quite an understatement indeed.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 50 of 56
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.