Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gave up on Chase

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: Gave up on Chase

690s across the board, 17,000 total CL across 8 cards.
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 11 of 24
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@icyhot wrote:
Definitely reconed the Freedom and Amazon to no avail. Pretty hard to get around all the inquiries

I see. Hopefully you recon more than once. Some have had success after a couple of tries.

They were the last of the Primes to approve me for a first card with them but i guess the only thing left to do is wait them out if you have to.

Message 12 of 24
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I got so annoyed with getting denied by other banks I decided that I would just keep cards from 2: BofA (my primary bank) and Citi (my first credit card)
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:
690s across the board, 17,000 total CL across 8 cards.

Thanks for answering...  I don't mean to pry but if you have 4 cards why do you have 20 inquiries?  I see you have applied for alot of chase cards and all seem to have been declined.  

Do NOT apply for any chase cards for the next 6 months and let the inquiries age.  Also, don't shut the door on chase completely.  Give it 6 months, use your card responsibly, keep you utilization down and apply.

You have a good profile but clearly they don't like something they are seeing and you continuously applying isn't helping.  So wait it out a bit.  The cards are not going anywhere and will be around when you are ready.  Who knows, the offers may be better and sweeter so hang in there..

Message 14 of 24
icyhot
Valued Contributor

In total I have 8 cards. I have a lot of inquiries because I either got denied for a lot, or got approved and closed soon after. Bad practice I know.

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:
In total I have 8 cards. I have a lot of inquiries because I either got denied for a lot, or got approved and closed soon after. Bad practice I know.

Not too late correct those practices.  If you really want to get in with Chase, hold off applying with the goal of getting in with Chase in 6 months.  Patience with pay off.  It always does..

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:
All from the beginning of this year.

Um, Yeah...

That's a LOT of inquiries in a short amount of time. Recon the crap out of it but if they keep negging you, Just cool it for about a year and try again.

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Just cool it for about a year and try again.

Agreed.  

There comes a point where too many new accounts + too many new inquiries = denial

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have that many inquiries myself and recently hit a wall on approvals after an 8 month long app o rama which resulted in 17 new tradelines.

Message 19 of 24
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't have that many inquiries myself and recently hit a wall on approvals after an 8 month long app o rama which resulted in 17 new tradelines.

Are you certain that you're done for awhile now? (i lurk the approvals u well know)

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.