Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gave wells the axe

tag
xxpert
Established Member

Gave wells the axe

So a banker from Wells Fargo called me a few months ago and offered me a card without having to run a hard pull, I figured this was some weird ploy but decided to call them out on their bluff. To my surprise I got the card in the mail in about a week with a $4k limit. When I called them to see if they did a hard pull the rep told me that they used the pull that was done when I opened a new business account a couple weeks back. Anyway, yesterday I get a letter saying my limit was decreased to $2k. I called the executive line and asked them to reconsider the decrease and they old me that they would need to perform a hard pull to reconsider. After trying to convince the rep for about 10 mins I realized how crappy this card was and told the guy " actually after further consideration it is my decision to fire you" lol and terminated [Mod Cut]. Funny thing is that the retention guy wanted to see if they can raise my limit withou a hard pull but I told him " sorry, too late....please let's do this with some dignity" haha it felt so fun to feel like I had the upper hand.....AXED

The TOS prohibit profanity, and even the shortened versions thereof. ~Lilmirth, myFICO Moderator.

Wallet: Gold PRG/ Saphire Preffered 9k/ Amex SPG 4k / Amex Platinum/ Barclays US Air 14k/ Delta Gold 20k / Ink Bold/ Citi AA plat 10k

Drawer: US Bank Flexperks 12k/ Freedom 2k/ Citi dividend 2k/ Ink plus 6k
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: Gave wells the axe

Well's is a deep subject I won't go into in too much  detail. lol

I'd say you made the right call. Well's is in ways, borrowing from BoA's playbook.  They lost "our"  bigger investment, checking and savings accounts after they wouldn't sell something my parent asked them to (at my prompting) and cost us a fortune (but the CFP got a promotion and raise because he was able to retain big accounts with them through that mess).

They're unethical and should be sued for the above actions.

Congrats to you on dumping crooks Smiley Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 2 of 20
smc733
Valued Contributor

Don't get mad at reps...  They're limited in what they're allowed to do.  People do that job for not a lot of pay, and don't deserve to be yelled at for the decision the fat cats make up top...

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 3 of 20
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

Don't get mad at reps...  They're limited in what they're allowed to do.  People do that job for not a lot of pay, and don't deserve to be yelled at for the decision the fat cats make up top...

I don't consider a licensed CFP a mere CSR, they are held to a much higher standard (by law actually) when you pay them to give advice and handle nearly a million in investments only to ignore an order and end up costing a client 6 figures for their own personal gain, only to be promoted, they're paid well for it too. In that respect their actions were unforgivable.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 4 of 20
smc733
Valued Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

I don't consider a licensed CFP a mere CSR, they are held to a much higher standard (by law actually) when you pay them to give advice and handle nearly a million in investments only to ignore an order and end up costing a client 6 figures for their own personal gain, only to be promoted, they're paid well for it too. In that respect their actions were unforgivable.

Whoops.  Sorry RyVision, I agree with you.  I was speaking about the OP.  The basic CSRs on the phone really don't deserve to get yelled at for what the credit department did.  I love the job I have now, but I do get flack from time to time about decisions made by people I haven never even seen.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSR represent the company. They are Wells Fargo. If you are dissatifyied they are absolutely the people to let know. It's business and any serious customer service rep understands this comes with the territory.

Message 6 of 20
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Were you going to get rid of the card anyway?  How often did you use it?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 20
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

@RyVision wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

Whoops.  Sorry RyVision, I agree with you.  I was speaking about the OP.  The basic CSRs on the phone really don't deserve to get yelled at for what the credit department did.  I love the job I have now, but I do get flack from time to time about decisions made by people I haven never even seen.

smc733;

Just have to mention (I have before, but it's in archieves here lol). I really try to not take out frustration on CSRs, it's not their call, they can only do what the computer and\or company allows (as well as their level of authority).  So as an example, when talking to a Cap 1 CSR and they say  they can't do something for for me I usually say I understand they can only do what policy allows and thanks for trying (I know all CSR's have to work from a "play book" written by the company and most don't have the authority to operate 1mm outside those lines).  The most a CSR can do is be polite, just that goes a long way with me, if they get rude, then I can tell them off a bit lol.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 8 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@xxpert wrote:

So a banker from Wells Fargo called me a few months ago and offered me a card without having to run a hard pull, I figured this was some weird ploy but decided to call them out on their bluff. To my surprise I got the card in the mail in about a week with a $4k limit. When I called them to see if they did a hard pull the rep told me that they used the pull that was done when I opened a new business account a couple weeks back. Anyway, yesterday I get a letter saying my limit was decreased to $2k. I called the executive line and asked them to reconsider the decrease and they old me that they would need to perform a hard pull to reconsider. After trying to convince the rep for about 10 mins I realized how crappy this card was and told the guy " actually after further consideration it is my decision to fire you" lol and terminated [Mod Cut]. Funny thing is that the retention guy wanted to see if they can raise my limit withou a hard pull but I told him " sorry, too late....please let's do this with some dignity" haha it felt so fun to feel like I had the upper hand.....AXED

The TOS prohibit profanity, and even the shortened versions thereof. ~Lilmirth, myFICO Moderator.

Smiley Very Happy

At least you didn't waste an INQ on it!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

CSR represent the company. They are Wells Fargo. If you are dissatifyied they are absolutely the people to let know. It's business and any serious customer service rep understands this comes with the territory.

They are absolutely not the people to let know.  They are not Wells Fargo.  They surely dislike Wells Fargo far more than you ever could.

You called up some miserable guy with a crappy job, and you made his day worse because you wanted to maintain a credit limit on a card that you have never used and never had any plans to use.  Karma-wise, you're coming out pretty bad on that phone call if you ask me.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.