Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gave wells the axe

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Gave wells the axe

I'm on the fence when it comes to CSR's. I try to be polit but when I feel i'm getting the run around because the CSR does not want to do their job properly I get angry!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

If someone is doing a bad job, or not doing their job, absolutely, they deserve negative feedback, attitude, whatever you see fit.

However, decreasing a credit limit on an unused credit card is something that makes good financial sense for the bank to do.  What the OP was asking for was a pretty unreasonable concession, and despite that, the CSR he was speaking to was trying to find a way to raise the limit again with a soft pull, and then he decided to be rude about it even after the rep said he would work to get him precisely what he asked for.

He was proud to have the upper hand because he didn't need the card, but the whole reason he got a CL decrease is because the bank knew he didn't need the card.  I just don't see the benefit to anyone in acting like that.

Message 12 of 20
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

i had a post in here yesterday about them keep dropping my limit and i use the card its keep s going for 9000 to 3000 last time it went to 2250 i have everthing with them it keeps making no sense i have to keep calling there managers and getting it reinstated.  there is a manager over there who name is (mod cut) you never in life want to deal with her she is the rudest mangager there is in the whole world of managers i have been with them 4 years and do all my buisness with them and they dont care at all.  i have been in fights with there excutives offices credit dept and i finally got to the head manager of the credit dept that reinstated my line then last month it went back down again and got it reinstated again i dont want to lose this card becuase this has the most pay history but if they drop it again i am done with it.

edited to remove employee's name --hauling

Message 13 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

i had a post in here yesterday about them keep dropping my limit and i use the card its keep s going for 9000 to 3000 last time it went to 2250 i have everthing with them it keeps making no sense i have to keep calling there managers and getting it reinstated.  there is a manager over there who name is (mod cut --see above) you never in life want to deal with her she is the rudest mangager there is in the whole world of managers i have been with them 4 years and do all my buisness with them and they dont care at all.  i have been in fights with there excutives offices credit dept and i finally got to the head manager of the credit dept that reinstated my line then last month it went back down again and got it reinstated again i dont want to lose this card becuase this has the most pay history but if they drop it again i am done with it.

SD them! Do you have other cards?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 20
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

yeah i have other cards but my pay history is the longest on this one 

Message 15 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

yeah i have other cards but my pay history is the longest on this one 

That is a non issue, the card will still report OK every month whether you run alot of $$ through it or not! SD them and show them your tired of the games!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 20
xxpert
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

If someone is doing a bad job, or not doing their job, absolutely, they deserve negative feedback, attitude, whatever you see fit.

However, decreasing a credit limit on an unused credit card is something that makes good financial sense for the bank to do.  What the OP was asking for was a pretty unreasonable concession, and despite that, the CSR he was speaking to was trying to find a way to raise the limit again with a soft pull, and then he decided to be rude about it even after the rep said he would work to get him precisely what he asked for.

He was proud to have the upper hand because he didn't need the card, but the whole reason he got a CL decrease is because the bank knew he didn't need the card.  I just don't see the benefit to anyone in acting like that.

You are incorrect, at no point in my conversation was I rude. I merely spoke to them the same way they were speaking to me and they also did not want to raise the CL back to where it was without a hard pull until I asked to close my account. Wells has no customer service, their credit cards are crappy and I didn't even want this card to begin with. Also I have emergency cards that I keep in the sock drawer that haven't used in ages and all my CL's are just fine. Wells sucks and I can't wait to run out of checks so I can move my checking accounts to Citi as I've been suffering since Wells took over Wachovia
Wallet: Gold PRG/ Saphire Preffered 9k/ Amex SPG 4k / Amex Platinum/ Barclays US Air 14k/ Delta Gold 20k / Ink Bold/ Citi AA plat 10k

Drawer: US Bank Flexperks 12k/ Freedom 2k/ Citi dividend 2k/ Ink plus 6k
Message 17 of 20
xxpert
Established Member

@RyVision wrote:

Well's is a deep subject I won't go into in too much  detail. lol

I'd say you made the right call. Well's is in ways, borrowing from BoA's playbook.  They lost "our"  bigger investment, checking and savings accounts after they wouldn't sell something my parent asked them to (at my prompting) and cost us a fortune (but the CFP got a promotion and raise because he was able to retain big accounts with them through that mess).

They're unethical and should be sued for the above actions.

Congrats to you on dumping crooks Smiley Happy

Wells have really messed up my business accounts and my payroll... I'm seriously considering jumping ship all together, the CC was easy but it's gonna be a project moving everything
Wallet: Gold PRG/ Saphire Preffered 9k/ Amex SPG 4k / Amex Platinum/ Barclays US Air 14k/ Delta Gold 20k / Ink Bold/ Citi AA plat 10k

Drawer: US Bank Flexperks 12k/ Freedom 2k/ Citi dividend 2k/ Ink plus 6k
Message 18 of 20
wmarat
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

This is current, widespread and very wrong approach, adopted by many financial institutes. Good financial sense is to cause customer to use their card and CLD is no way a right approach.

CSR's, polite or rude, are not decission makers and very often they are financially illeteral and barely can diffirantiate hard pull from soft pull.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 19 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@wmarat wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is current, widespread and very wrong approach, adopted by many financial institutes. Good financial sense is to cause customer to use their card and CLD is no way a right approach.

CSR's, polite or rude, are not decission makers and very often they are financially illeteral and barely can diffirantiate hard pull from soft pull.

+1

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.