Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geico Platinum mastercard?

tag
jwes2155
New Contributor

Geico Platinum mastercard?

Anybody have this Card?  Could you tell me about it?
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Geico Platinum mastercard?

I have heard some bad experiences with this card.

I love Gieco as an insurance company- but not the co-branded card.
Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I should apply for that credit card and then I would be able to tell you more about that credit card Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

It's issued by Merrick Bank. Just fyi, because I don't know anything about Merrick. I believe in always finding out who is really behind a co-branded card like a store card or the GEICO MC. If you see that they consistently treat customers for other cards either like dirt or like diamonds, you might have some useful info to throw into the mix.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

correct me if I am wrong. I think hooters card is issued by Merrick bank.
Message 5 of 15
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I think you're right, and they seem to treat their customers right. Interesting!
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 6 of 15
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

Out of all the apps I put in this month, this is the one card that I was denied.  Merrick can be very tough on their less than ideal customers.  My Visa will be cancelled this week for the following reasons:  33.xx% interest + $9.00 monthly-annual fee (if there are any charges during the month). 

Obviously, my bad payment habits allowed them to slap me with the harshest rates and terms, but none of my other cards even came close to 33+% and $108/year fee!

Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ouch Cooneyca! That's worse than my Applied Bank card. But not by much. That one is being buried in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the info. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

from what i read seems like a great card
Message 9 of 15
ficonovice
Frequent Contributor

I've had the card for 9 months. $500.00 credit limit--good customer service and okay web-site. Paid on time every month, low-to medium use, never above $400.00 in any month. No credit line increases and when calling was told they do manual reviews and don't consider individual requests for increase.

TU: 664
EQ: 693
EX: 670

At the time I got my card, scores were between 620-650.
Rust never sleeps and neither does my fico score...
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.