Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geico card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Geico card

Since the Geico card also uses Merrick bank is it as easy as the hooters card to qualify for?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Geico card

I got the hooters card when I applied. After two weeks I applied for the Geico card and they denied it.
Message 2 of 9
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

I was denied as well - TOO MANY INQUIRIES.  All caps too... as if I didn't know.  If you haven't been apping around, it may be worth a shot, but if you've been recently applying for cards then I would give it a while before applying for this card.

Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 3 of 9
demi
Established Contributor

Curious...if in a state that they check your credit for car insurance (I have Geico), wonder if you were denied their card, if it would affect your car insurance?  Every month when I pay my insurance on line they try to give me a credit card....might go for it when my mortgage is finalized.  To my knowledge, they have not checked my credit for my insurance (In california, have no idea if they do)

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have (and love) Geico for my car insurance-
I do not have any hard or soft inq's from them.

Given this bellow on the application- I would stick to HOOTERS.

Your application for the GEICO Platinum MasterCard card contains an authorization that allows GEICO, Merrick Bank, and their respective affiliates to exchange, for any lawful purpose, nonpublic information about you, your credit history, and your transactions and experience with GEICO including, but not limited to, information about your GEICO automobile insurance application(s), your GEICO automobile insurance policy(ies), and underwriting and employment information.

@demi wrote:
Curious...if in a state that they check your credit for car insurance (I have Geico), wonder if you were denied their card, if it would affect your car insurance? Every month when I pay my insurance on line they try to give me a credit card....might go for it when my mortgage is finalized. To my knowledge, they have not checked my credit for my insurance (In california, have no idea if they do)

Message 5 of 9
gNaRKiLL
Regular Contributor

Who does hooters pull from is it TU?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeppers.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah they pull TU I got approved for 1100 with a FAKO of 577
Message 8 of 9
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Badcreditguy wrote:
Yeah they pull TU I got approved for 1100 with a FAKO of 577

Excellent BCG, loosens up that UTI.  Good news, congrats!  Smiley Happy
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.