Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General question about CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

General question about CLI

I've had my Orchard Bank cc for about 6 months now and called last week to see if I was able to get a CLI. I was denied. I received the letter in the mail yesterday explaining why and it said that they pulled my EQ which is the highest of all CRAs and has significantly increased, but they went off the score from 11/20 and also a high balance from that month as well.

Is there any use in calling them back and asking them to rerun my score?

I'm new to the whole cc game and CLI, but this has me very curious. Just not sure how all this works yet!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: General question about CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

I've had my Orchard Bank cc for about 6 months now and called last week to see if I was able to get a CLI. I was denied. I received the letter in the mail yesterday explaining why and it said that they pulled my EQ which is the highest of all CRAs and has significantly increased, but they went off the score from 11/20 and also a high balance from that month as well.

Is there any use in calling them back and asking them to rerun my score?

I'm new to the whole cc game and CLI, but this has me very curious. Just not sure how all this works yet!

Are you sure your EQ report has been updated with the lower balance? Did the recent Orchard CLI request result in a hard or soft pull on EQ?

If it was a hard pull and you ask for them to reconsider, they will probably do another hard on EQ, or maybe even pull another report to try and get a better picture of your overall credit profile, and based on what you have listed in your signature, that may not be a good thing. (I know we are talking Orchard here, but still)

I would call and ask them exactly what it was that caused the denial, ask for reconsideration, but be sure to find out first if they want to pull hard, then the decision is yours at that point as to what you want to do.

Wishing you the Best of Luck!

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.