Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Out Your Crystal Balls

tag
John060675
Valued Contributor

Get Out Your Crystal Balls

Ok, no one knows for sure, this I know. However, do you think it is worth applying for a Discover It CC with a score around 665 (should be when lower utilization reports).

I have 1 unpaid CO from 5 years ago and 1 collection from the same time ago. From my research it seems to be a 50 / 50 proposition but those posts were from a while ago.

I am just on the fence of what to do.

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Get Out Your Crystal Balls

Take the shot after everything updates, it will most likely be a TU pull. Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 24
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@John060675 wrote:
Ok, no one knows for sure, this I know. However, do you think it is worth applying for a Discover It CC with a score around 665 (should be when lower utilization reports).

I have 1 unpaid CO from 5 years ago and 1 collection from the same time ago. From my research it seems to be a 50 / 50 proposition but those posts were from a while ago.

I am just on the fence of what to do.

My brother got a $1,000 limit with a score of 668 in November, 2013 so it is definitely possible. The best of luck to you.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 3 of 24
John060675
Valued Contributor

TU?  On the site which I cannot name (google search credit pull database) it seems Discover pulls EQ or EX.  Man, I hope they do not pull TU.  

Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 24
baller4life
Super Contributor

I thought Discover was EQ pullers! Good luck OP.
Message 5 of 24
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

For me everything is done on TU, am in ID. Have seen quite a few TU pulls in approval comments around the forums lately.

Message 6 of 24
myjourney
Super Contributor

Smiley MSN Emoticon 209.gif

I see more info needed 

INQ's in the last year? 

Other cards and limits and how long you've had?

UTL?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 24
Libra85
Regular Contributor

Discover pulled Equifax at the beginning of the month 1/2/14 called back for a recon 1/21/14 and they pulled TransUnion, I was approved for the Discover It Secured card. 

October 2021
Message 8 of 24
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Discover pulls EQ for the card and TU for cli--from what I've read. They pulled eq for my card...and cli in a few days.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 9 of 24
Stralem
Established Contributor

I was approved with a 654 and a 6 year old unpaid collection on my reports. I don't remember what my util was at the time, but it was high.

Just go ahead an apply.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.