cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Out Your Crystal Balls

Established Contributor

Re: Get Out Your Crystal Balls

I apped last year and they pulled EX. I'm in TX

 

Edit:  pulled EQ

Message 11 of 24
Valued Contributor

Re: Get Out Your Crystal Balls

Inquiries - 2 on each report

 

Cap 1 Quicksilver $1,200 - 6.5 years 

Cap 1 Quicksilver $2,000 - 2 years (yes I have 2)

AMEX Optima $5,000 - 7 years

Barclays Rewards CC $500 - 6.5 years (never a CLI)

WF Rewards $1,500 - 6.5 years

Home Depot $3,000 - brand new, not reporting yet

 

Utilization is the tricky part. All are $0 balance except AMEX which will report $14, so 1% utilization on open accounts.  Having said this, I have a PenFed CO from 2008 for $15,000 that is still showing a balance. This makes my total utilization at 156%.  

 

I have been perfect on payments for the last 5 years.

 


Starting Score: 583 EQ, 612 EX, 569 TU
Current Score: 658 EQ, 648 EX, 618 TU
Goal Score: 720 EQ, 720 EX, 720 TU


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 24
Valued Contributor

Re: Get Out Your Crystal Balls

They also pulled TU for me every time I applied.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800




Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 13 of 24
Super Contributor

Re: Get Out Your Crystal Balls

@ gdale6

Same here in southern tip Indiana. Lenders of every sort (from bank auto/personal loans) to now credit card lenders assaults TU with a vengeance. If a CC pulls EQ or EX, it's always a green light. But TU is a Red Light.

Was approved in August with a 645 score.
Message 14 of 24
Super Contributor

Re: Get Out Your Crystal Balls

Forgot to mention.

US Bank (80% util)
Fingerhut (0%)
Target (0%)

That was it!

Discover approval launched a Prime wide spree all via mailings. Go figure.
Message 15 of 24
Super Contributor

Re: Get Out Your Crystal Balls


John060675 wrote:

Inquiries - 2 on each report

 

Cap 1 Quicksilver $1,200 - 6.5 years 

Cap 1 Quicksilver $2,000 - 2 years (yes I have 2)

AMEX Optima $5,000 - 7 years

Barclays Rewards CC $500 - 6.5 years (never a CLI)

WF Rewards $1,500 - 6.5 years

Home Depot $3,000 - brand new, not reporting yet

 

Utilization is the tricky part. All are $0 balance except AMEX which will report $14, so 1% utilization on open accounts.  Having said this, I have a PenFed CO from 2008 for $15,000 that is still showing a balance. This makes my total utilization at 156%.  

 

I have been perfect on payments for the last 5 years.

 


Ouch 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 16 of 24
Established Contributor

Re: Get Out Your Crystal Balls


John060675 wrote:
Ok, no one knows for sure, this I know. However, do you think it is worth applying for a Discover It CC with a score around 665 (should be when lower utilization reports).

I have 1 unpaid CO from 5 years ago and 1 collection from the same time ago. From my research it seems to be a 50 / 50 proposition but those posts were from a while ago.

I am just on the fence of what to do.


FWIW, Discover pulled TU for me when I first applied and when I asked for CLI. I'm in VA.

 photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 17 of 24
Valued Contributor

Re: Get Out Your Crystal Balls


chwebb1 wrote:

John060675 wrote:
Ok, no one knows for sure, this I know. However, do you think it is worth applying for a Discover It CC with a score around 665 (should be when lower utilization reports).

I have 1 unpaid CO from 5 years ago and 1 collection from the same time ago. From my research it seems to be a 50 / 50 proposition but those posts were from a while ago.

I am just on the fence of what to do.


FWIW, Discover pulled TU for me when I first applied and when I asked for CLI. I'm in VA.


Discover pulled both EQ and EX for me and I was approved for 5.5k. EX was 689 and EQ was 660

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 18 of 24
Valued Contributor

Re: Get Out Your Crystal Balls


indiolatino61 wrote:

John060675 wrote:
Ok, no one knows for sure, this I know. However, do you think it is worth applying for a Discover It CC with a score around 665 (should be when lower utilization reports).

I have 1 unpaid CO from 5 years ago and 1 collection from the same time ago. From my research it seems to be a 50 / 50 proposition but those posts were from a while ago.

I am just on the fence of what to do.


My brother got a $1,000 limit with a score of 668 in November, 2013 so it is definitely possible. The best of luck to you.


They pulled EQ on me! it will be toss up on you getting approved with 2 baddies!!!

 

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 19 of 24
Valued Contributor

Re: Get Out Your Crystal Balls


myjourney wrote:

John060675 wrote:

Inquiries - 2 on each report

 

Cap 1 Quicksilver $1,200 - 6.5 years 

Cap 1 Quicksilver $2,000 - 2 years (yes I have 2)

AMEX Optima $5,000 - 7 years

Barclays Rewards CC $500 - 6.5 years (never a CLI)

WF Rewards $1,500 - 6.5 years

Home Depot $3,000 - brand new, not reporting yet

 

Utilization is the tricky part. All are $0 balance except AMEX which will report $14, so 1% utilization on open accounts.  Having said this, I have a PenFed CO from 2008 for $15,000 that is still showing a balance. This makes my total utilization at 156%.  

 

I have been perfect on payments for the last 5 years.

 


Ouch 


Sorry but my ball just said no with what I have just read!!! 

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 20 of 24