cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get Prequals in mail but never on respective website.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get Prequals in mail but never on respective website.

I get several prequalifications in the USPS mail a month but if I just do a general search on the respective banks website I am always told that "we did not find any but you might like......." Then if I punch in the invitation number BAMM there it is.

Is there a reason for this? Is there a general website folks use??
I keep getting the same:
2 from CiTi, 2 cap1, 1 secured from AMEX .
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Get Prequals in mail but never on respective website.

Not sure I know the reason, but I have had a similar experience.  

I just got instant approved with BOA using a mailer with an invitation code (it had a firm APR and "minimum offer terms" box with opt-out/in box).  But I could never get anything to come up on the BOA pre-qualified site.   I do get pre-qualified offers on the web sites for Chase, Cap 1, and Citi sites, but never a pre-qualified mailer.  Nothing on AMEX even though I am already an AU user for the Platinum, and I get "invitations" to apply in the mail from them, but no pre-qualified or pre-approved offers.  

I have read here that the BOA pre-qualified site is not as reliable as some of the others like Chase.  Chase was 100% for me.  It showed pre-qualified for Freedom and CSP and I was instant approved for both.  

Message 2 of 6
happypill
Valued Contributor

I think some of the pre-qual sites are sensitive to small differences in how data is input.  For example, the period at the end of my street address will throw everything off.  If I enter XXXXX St.; I'll get nothing.  But if I enter XXXXX St (without period at end), stuff comes up.  Probably just how they match things up to your credit reports.

Message 3 of 6
fury1995
Valued Contributor

Used to happen to me too. Live on "Terrace" but EX and EQ abbreviate it as TER and TU will always shorten it to TE.

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

See i have always use my address. I never used my address as per my credit report. I just copied it off the mailer.
Message 5 of 6
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

I agree. Chase is the best Pre Qual Site

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.