Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get a new credit card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get a new credit card?

I recently checked my experian credit score and it was 723. If I remember correctly it went up from 718 from back then. Small change, but at least it's a positive change.

Anyway, I am 23 years old and still in college. I have two credit cards: a Bank of America student platinum plus card and a Movado store credit card. The report says I have no hard inquiries. My oldest account age is 3.6 years which is the BoA card and my AAoA is only 1.9 years. I only had one late payment which  was 2.3 years ago. My Movado card is paid off and it has a limit of $1500. However, my BoA card has a limit of $1000 and I still have $963 left to pay off.

Now that you have a quick overview of my credit story, should I pay off the rest of it  or get a new card? 

Thanks in advance everyone!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: Get a new credit card?

Pay off the BoA card.  You'll be thrilled with the increase in your score when you do that, too!

You don't need another card just now.  I'd wait a year.  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

where did you get your experian score from?

Message 3 of 11
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Pay off BofA first , then get another card.    Pick something you want to keep for a long time.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pay off the BoA to get the best chances when you aply for a 3rd card.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone.

laz98, I got my experian score from experianSmiley Happy. I'll probably check all 3 of my scores from myfico when I get back from vacation.

Message 6 of 11
laz98
Senior Contributor

i'm surprised no one mentioned this, but you cannot buy your experian fico score from anywhere.  it is no longer available to consumers, unless you belong to a couple of credit unions (don't know their names).  so the experian score you got is just a fako, a fake score.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@laz98 wrote:

i'm surprised no one mentioned this, but you cannot buy your experian fico score from anywhere.  it is no longer available to consumers, unless you belong to a couple of credit unions (don't know their names).  so the experian score you got is just a fako, a fake score.

http://www.psecu.com/

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevada Federal Credit Union said they only pull Experian (was my highest score on 2-13-2009) and they would give me my score when I aply for the VISA card I'm lining up for. She told me should would give it to me before they added their mix to a fico score. I have very high hopes.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well then. I guess I wasted $1.06 on that fako score. If I purchase the "Fico Standard" report for $15.95, will it send me the scores from both TU and EQ, or just one of them?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.