cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get all of my credit card limits over 10K or get more cards?

tag
JoshNurse
Frequent Contributor

Get all of my credit card limits over 10K or get more cards?

It seems most of the new cards I am getting are over 10k.  Yesterday I got my sears 10K.

Should I request all of my cards to be 10K limits?

After this I plan to get 5 more cards and garden for 2 years.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
keithB
Established Contributor

Re: Get all of my credit card limits over 10K or get more cards?

Sure, why not?  Take whatever they will give you - the more the better.

Message 2 of 4
MT936
Established Contributor

Hey the more total limit the better
Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 3 of 4
noobody
Established Contributor

i do not think the more the better is the right attitude.

recently i call cap1 CO to raise my combined QS from 5K to 15K was approved next day.

but i also called for CLD on my BCE from 20K to 5K, the resaon been, i can not see myself use more than 2K of BCE, and i only been approved 5K on SPG is a sign i am closing their inrernal limit, and there is 34.5K total revolve limit may or may not be there, i do not want to touch.

i called US bank to CLD my cash+ from 17K to 10K, since there is 2K cap each quarter. 5K limit is more than enough, and i want to leave some room for possible Club carlson application.

i may call Barclay to CLD my arrival+ 18K limit to 10K, get some room for US airway and/or sallie mae application

i may call chase to CLD my 10K marriott to 5K to leave some room for other hotel card like Haytt

Generally speaking, i do not like high CL on credit card with CAP on bonus spending, it became useless as the CAP has been reached, i just do not see the usefulness of a 15K freedom, mine is 2K and 5K, just enough to cover the CAP.

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.