Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting AF waved on rebuilding cards.....any tips

tag
LADYBUSA
Valued Member

Getting AF waved on rebuilding cards.....any tips

I have cards with both HSBC  and First Premier and I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting the AF fees waved in the midst of the new credit laws? I am waiting a month or so before  I try and get a new "real" cc with Nationwide. I should be over the 700's then, so I really don't want to pay the AF for two months or so..

Starting Score: EQ 495
Current Score: EQ 694 4/10
Goal Score: 760 + 12/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Getting AF waved on rebuilding cards.....any tips

Hi LadyB,

To your question, I've had my First Premier since 04/08 and I figured it was time to close at my 2 yr. anniversary back in April. I called in and told the rep. I want to close and

she asked why. I told her I DID NOT want to pay another AF, and my scores have risen quite a bit since  opening the acct.

She said the best she could do is credit my acct. in the amount of $45, which would leave me an AF of $3 to pay.  I fell for it, not too sure if it was the right thing

to do.  But SURELY by next April they WILL get the boot.

She even noticed it's been about a year since I've even used my CC. Then she proceeded to tell me that I could continue to not use the acct. and it would still report to

the CBs. 

Message 2 of 3
LADYBUSA
Valued Member

Re: Getting AF waved on rebuilding cards.....any tips

thank you so much...Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 495
Current Score: EQ 694 4/10
Goal Score: 760 + 12/10

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.